By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

We are delighted to announce the signing of Pierre-Emile Højbjerg from Southampton.

The midfielder has signed a contract with the Club until 2025 and will wear the number five shirt.

Højbjerg, who turned 25 last week, made a total of 128 appearances and scored five goals during his four-year spell at Southampton having joined them from Bayern Munich in 2016.

The Denmark international moved to Bayern from Brøndby IF in July, 2012, making his debut later that season against 1. FC Nürnberg at the age of 17, and in doing so, became the youngest player ever to represent them in the Bundesliga. He was named Danish Talent of the Year in 2013 and started the 2014 German Cup final, where Bayern overcame Borussia Dortmund 2-0 after extra time.

His time in Germany also saw him enjoy loan spells at FC Augsburg, who he helped to Europa League qualification in 2015, and FC Schalke, where he made more than 30 appearances during the 2015/16 campaign.

He made his move to the Premier League with Southampton in 2016, helping them to the EFL Cup final in his first season and was named Club Captain in December, 2018.

On the international stage, Højbjerg has collected 33 caps for Denmark to date, with his debut coming as an 18-year-old in their 1-0 win over Sweden in May, 2014.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Takes Jan`s number 5.
Lets hope he brings home the bacon!!

Last edited:
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
He seems a good player and at what appears a good value. But does this mean no more 4-3-3? Seems more the type to sit in front of our defenders.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Straight away, you can tell Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is a man of principle.

It’s now just over eight years since he left home in Copenhagen as a 16-year-old to pursue his footballing dreams with an initial move to Bayern Munich, six years since he made his senior international debut for Denmark and four years since he first came to the Premier League with Southampton.

Yet with every achievement at Bayern – he played supporting roles in back-to-back Bundesliga title wins while still a teenager and started Bayern’s German Cup Final victory in 2014 – and with every time he wore the captain’s armband for the Saints – he was appointed their skipper in late-2018 – he’s maintained one burning desire. It’s something that he made abundantly clear in his first interview after completing his move to the Club – he wants to be the best possible version of himself, for the benefit of all concerned.

“I’m very proud, very happy, I’m also very excited to be here – I just want to get going, meet everyone and play football,” he smiled after putting pen to paper on a contract with us until 2025, before explaining what he aims to offer.

“I like to bring energy, I like to bring wins – hopefully! I just think you get me, 100 per cent. I love to be the best team player I can be and I like to make people better, I like to make the team better and I think it’s important to be aware of what your role is, who you’re playing against and what is demanded from you. Many of the small details all go into one big important thing.

“From the first moment I got to speak to the people at the club, the coach, I think it was very clear to me that Spurs is a very big club but also a club with even more potential to reach the ultimate, and I wanted so much to be a part of that. I think there is a fantastic future ahead for the club and hopefully for me as well.”

For someone with so much top-level experience under his belt, it’s remarkable to think our new signing only turned 25 last week. Yet the hard-working central midfielder insists he’s hungry to keep learning – and is looking long-term as he bids to establish himself in our colours.

“I think Spurs have fantastic players, a fantastic manager, a fantastic set-up and I feel lucky and proud to be a part of it,” he said. “I want to give my everything but I also want to learn a lot. I want to be better and what was very important for me is that I wanted to play at a club where I could see myself for many years – and Tottenham was just the one. So I’m very happy and proud to be here. The leaders and the players that we have… world class. And the coach also… world class. So again, to learn from them, to play with them and to see how they behave, it’s a dream but it’s also something that you have to learn from and get excited about – and I am, a lot!”

Pierre, as he tells us we’re okay to call him – he’s Pierre “casually, among friends” and Pierre-Emile for anything more formal – speaks quietly but with enthusiasm and a sense of wisdom that commands respect. He’s clearly thrilled to be here – and his eyes lit up even more when our new stadium came up in conversation.

“That was also one of the first things I said, especially to my wife,” he smiled, recalling his two games against us for Southampton at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last season. “I said that hopefully one day when the fans are allowed in again, (I want) to be the first one in that stadium because it’s unreal. It is really among the best – maybe the best. The stadium is something to be proud of and it’s amazing to have that stadium as a home now, hopefully with lots of good memories, lots of good achievements and titles in it.”

Fluent in French as well as Danish, German and English, we asked Pierre to sum up his character away from football in his own words: “I don’t know… ask my wife!” he laughed. “I like to keep things simple, I like to have a rhythm, I like to enjoy life, but mainly my life will be here at the training ground or at home with the kids. I had a kid about six weeks ago, my daughter is almost three and with my wife, I’m good, settled and now I’m at this fantastic club so I’m also well settled.”

Underlining his delight at signing for us, Pierre added: “I’m just so happy and it feels – I don’t want to say perfect because nothing is perfect – but it feels right, now that I am a part of this team and this club, because I feel I have something to give and I also feel that the club has so much for me to learn from to become better. I became a very good player at Southampton but I want to become an even better player and honestly there is no better place with the coach, the people at the top, the players and now all that I have seen of the training ground and the system… there is no better place to try to become a world-class player.”

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He was captain at Southampton, hopefully a good signing. I hope Maureen doesn't squeeze the life out of him and turn him into a robot. Btw I have a few saints ST holders and they're delighted with getting KWP permanently.

I look forward to multiple different spellings of his name..... ;)

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Have to admit that I was wrong thinking he wouldn't add much. He's been great, totally reliable. Wish I hadn't written that...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Have to admit that I was wrong thinking he wouldn't add much. He's been great, totally reliable. Wish I hadn't written that...
I never even knew who he was mate... I too am very pleasantly please we have him as he is a top spoiler... and can do a little bit in the other direction too...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Interesting bit where Mourinho says he will be a manager one day, and how Guardiola loved him at Bayern. If you listen to his post-match interviews, he very much talks like a manager already.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I liked the bit where they cite some analytics outfit, who state that PEH can 'increase the probability of an optimal match result'.

Hear, hear. Me like winning games.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
What a bargain! £15m ? In fairness, a great spot by Jose. He's a type of player we've been missing for several years..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What a bargain! £15m ? In fairness, a great spot by Jose. He's a type of player we've been missing for several years..
Well this was formerly the Dier type role....'battle of the bridge' and all that.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well this was formerly the Dier type role....'battle of the bridge' and all that.
True....but I think Dier was never comfortable there. On a separate note, Southampton are 0-1 up and who scored ??? Walcott!!!😂😂😂

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think we've had a few but not many that good...

Parker was similar, Modric did it in spats, who was the lad Redknap brought in who made us a different side...?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think we will see Sissoko doubling up with Serge and Hojberg doubling up with Davies... GLC dropping deep to try and shield and link and Kane also dripping while Son is the out ball hoof...!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I think we've had a few but not many that good...

Parker was similar, Modric did it in spats, who was the lad Redknap brought in who made us a different side...?
The beast! Sandro!

I miss that guy. He wasn't with us for long, but it was fun while it lasted.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
What a man.

My eight-year-old asked if he was a Viking the first time he saw him in a spurs shirt, based purely on, I guess, knowledge derived from Marvel Thor movies.

Then I had to tell him how to twig neo-nazi bullshit. But that of course PEH is a viking.

The man's a fucking beast and fast becoming my favourite yid, even if he was a bit off last night.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Incidentally, I just finished the Amazon Series on Vikings.... its properly good.

I'd watched it all up to the last 3 seasons and decided to start again and plough through... why I stopped I don't know, its terrific...!!!

Oh and Hojberg is a fucking animal... I'd imagine his cock is a proper length, not like Siss... Sanch...... Auri...........

He's a proper tough bloke that's what I'm saying...