By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pompey (H) FA Cup 7 Jan 2023 12:30

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
For people in the UK, this will be live on BBC iPlayer/red button/BBC sport website

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
We need to be resting Kane for starters. I’d also be looking to start Sarr as well.

Spence should be starting as well but you already know he’s going to be picking Emerson.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
For people in the UK, this will be live on BBC iPlayer/red button/BBC sport website
It's also 'live' for all of us going, I hope to see a mixture of squad and first team players, no injuries please before Arsenal next weekend. Pompey are 12th in League 1 and on a poor run of form, so will probably give us a great game!

I hope for a comfortable 3-1 type game, maybe something like:
Forster
Spence, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sessegnon
Skipp, Sarr
Gil, White, Son

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sadly (always had a slight soft spot for Pompey) they are not good. Should be a comfortable one—famous last words, etc…

Agree that we should see a mix of regular starters/fringe players. Definitely want to see Gil play, give him a chance to string together a run of good games. Sarr too.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Forster, Royal, Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon, Bissouma, Sarr, Bryan, Son, Kane

Subs: Lloris, Doherty, Spence, Romero, Lenglet, White, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Devine

Kane should have been rested but I would assume/hope that the plan is to take him off when the game is safe. And his usual fuck you to Spence is duly noted.

At least Sarr is getting a start.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Bissouma injured in the warmup apparently. Skipp in to replace him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We need to be resting Kane for starters. I’d also be looking to start Sarr as well.

Spence should be starting as well but you already know he’s going to be picking Emerson.
You called it. Cunte keeps Spence on the bench, I am getting pissed off with this bloke.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

You called it. Cunte keeps Spence on the bench, I am getting pissed off with this bloke.
Same here. It’s not unusual for a manager to not want a player but this situation with Spence just seems particularly petty.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

This is the first half against Palace repeating itself. Sonny largely anonymous again.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Yeah but we're playing a side that's currently 12th in League one.
Oh I know that and that’s why we should be putting in some effort at least. I’m bored off my arse here.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Swanson looks good for Pompey. Emerson is being an embarassing cunt, all that theatrical falling over and appealing for nonsense handballs. I expect Harry Rednapp was telling his mate that Sours weren't this boring when he was in charge.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Seems a good thing that I didn't have time to watch the first half?

W

wentworth

Player in Training.

Conte is so annoying and is bullying Spence out of the club. Terrible team selection with Royal, Sanchez, Sessgnon, Skipp, Tanganga...all no hopers and should be gone

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Swanson looks good for Pompey. Emerson is being an embarassing cunt, all that theatrical falling over and appealing for nonsense handballs. I expect Harry Rednapp was telling his mate that Sours weren't this boring when he was in charge.
Exactly we are so boring. Boring team, boring coach.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Seems a good thing that I didn't have time to watch the first half?
Have you got a note from your mum excusing you from watching? How do you escape suffering when the rest of us are heing punished?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Would guess Conte is playing Emerson to put him on display. Seems Emerson is taking himself out of the shop window with his performance, though.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Have you got a note from your mum excusing you from watching? How do you escape suffering when the rest of us are heing punished?

Someone's gotta work around here, eh?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

That’s more like it. Cracking goal

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Would guess Conte is playing Emerson to put him on display. Seems Emerson is taking himself out of the shop window with his performance, though.
Terrible player. Yet Conte keeps picking him instead of Spence. Time for Conte to pack his bags off to Italy.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Christ, Spence coming on has woken the crowd up .. and me

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Exactly. About time. I was just dropping off.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Tough watch and a pretty lacklustre performance but I suppose at this stage of the competition it’s the result that matters more so I’ll certainly take it.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Tough watch and a pretty lacklustre performance but I suppose at this stage of the competition it’s the result that matters more so I’ll certainly take
Utterly dismal and boring. Awful team selection of players that must go elsewhere....Royal, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Skipp Tanganga. Far too limited for super Spurs. Also Conte needs to go. A dismal and boring coach.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I had a few glasses last night and slept in until half time. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. From what I saw it was tiresome and predictable—we have no idea what to do with the ball in the attacking third 99% of the time. Fuck around for as long as it takes and wait for the soon to be all time goals leader to bail us out. Palace’s capitulation Wednesday temporarily papered over a lot of cracks IMO.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
I had a few glasses last night and slept in until half time. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. From what I saw it was tiresome and predictable—we have no idea what to do with the ball in the attacking third 99% of the time. Fuck around for as long as it takes and wait for the soon to be all time goals leader to bail us out. Palace’s capitulation Wednesday temporarily papered over a lot of cracks IMO.
Exactly. We are clueless and boring led by a clueless and boring coach. We have so many average players who are limited in skill and ability.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
To clarify... you thought it was boring...?
Yep. Dreadful, sluggish performance from bored and disillusioned players led by a coach who has become clueless.