By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Potential Mourinho replacements

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Pretty self-explanatory. If Levy were to come to Jesus, whom would you want to take the reigns of our fair club? Doesn't have to be someone who is currently available, although a bit of pragmatism always helps. And yes, I did create this thread just to make myself feel better.

My picks would be as follows:

Julian Nagelsman - He's German, can work with young players, and plays attacking football. No fucking idea if he speaks English.

Erik ten Hag - Because total futbol > totally shit football.

Nuno Espirito - He is very excitable and was sort of Poch's mentor. Better than this crap for sure.

Graham Potter - Could this guy be the next great English manager (when was the last one?)? I like his style and demeanor, so already an improvement.

Jesse Marsch - He's still learning and very under the radar, but I could see him becoming a great manager. Has the right personality and playing philosophy. Not sure if he really has the chops for this level, but at least it would be fun!

Jason Sudeikis - Has experience (fictional) managing in England and has children with Olivia Wilde.

The dude who started the Varna Sankara thread - he could be a genius. He could be a legit psycho. Would be fun to listen to him calling everyone varna sankaras in every press conference regardless.

I am sure I have overlooked a bunch of folks but this is the best I got without researching, which just ain't gonna happen. Feel free to share your thoughts, criticisms, or just post LEVY OUT!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I'll bite (although I'm not there yet).

If I had to choose one from above, it would be Nagelsmann.
I would also bring in Ralf Rangnick as a DoF. He's one whom many top young coaches now cite as a terrific influence on them. He's also a great spotter of talent. But it would take money to do so but possibly less than we are paying Jose at the mo.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well, I'd let Ledley have a go as caretaker for a bit then, and I know he'd be a rank outsider but I really like what I've seen of Scott Parker. I think someone with the grit and passion he has would be just what we'd need.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Well, I'd let Ledley have a go as caretaker for a bit then, and I know he'd be a rank outsider but I really like what I've seen of Scott Parker. I think someone with the grit and passion he has would be just what we'd need.

Parker is in the process of assembling a talented young squad with a decent ceiling. He's also instilling a strong mentality within the side. A team to watch for. Not a bad shout @Dave

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Sean Dyche, because @Yid wants him bad. Otherwise David Pleat, it's always David Pleat.
Potter intrigues me, but Ledley would have his work cut out for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sean Dyche, because @Yid wants him bad. Otherwise David Pleat, it's always David Pleat.
Have you ever seen a human so angry they cause a small atomic explosion...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
giphy.gif

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
He is very Kloppish, which I guess is a good thing. No arguing against the job he's doing with the Saints.

Don't think he's as much of a knob as Klopp!!

Seeing the Saints this season, they are hard to beat, but at the same time easy on the eye. He seems to setup to suit what he has available and at Spurs he'd have alot more!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Don't think he's as much of a knob as Klopp!!

Seeing the Saints this season, they are hard to beat, but at the same time easy on the eye. He seems to setup to suit what he has available and at Spurs he'd have alot more!
Parker is in the process of assembling a talented young squad with a decent ceiling. He's also instilling a strong mentality within the side. A team to watch for. Not a bad shout @Dave

We'd have a full team with the socks pulled to the knees n black boots shined up ready to destroy the opposition. I could get onboard with that.

Seriously though Parker is a good shout. Definitely a guy that would have the respect of any player, and Fulham are having a go at teams.

He doesn't Parker the bus.....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bale has returned, Streaky wants to come back - so what about Harry? Oooh that will ruffle some feathers. I think just going out, running about a bit and playing some football is just what we need at the moment and - he's not a fucking wheeler dealer. Sandra has probably had enough of him during lockdown so that's farking sorted innit?

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Bale has returned, Streaky wants to come back - so what about Harry? Oooh that will ruffle some feathers. I think just going out, running about a bit and playing some football is just what we need at the moment and - he's not a fucking wheeler dealer. Sandra has probably had enough of him during lockdown so that's farking sorted innit?
Yeh but he'd want an extra Cortina now cos he's King O'the Jungle now ain't-e

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Got to agree with those that are suggesting Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl. The former has CL experience as well. If in combination with Rangnick it won’t be long before we’re known as RB Tottenham, which I’m not so keen on. If the current style of football doesn’t change and we have Sheffield Utd next, I’d vote for almost any manager other than Mourinho.

Theres a video clip going round where Mourinho is heard saying ‘Do you want to stay here, or go to Real Madrid and play no football’ not sure who he is addressing, might be Bale?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Haha, was going to float this balloon for a laugh, but you beat me to it.

Hadn't given Parker any serious thought but now that you lot have mentioned it, I'm much intrigued. Levy won't take the leap, but maybe in a couple of years?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Got to agree with those that are suggesting Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl. The former has CL experience as well. If in combination with Rangnick it won’t be long before we’re known as RB Tottenham, which I’m not so keen on. If the current style of football doesn’t change and we have Sheffield Utd next, I’d vote for almost any manager other than Mourinho.

Theres a video clip going round where Mourinho is heard saying ‘Do you want to stay here, or go to Real Madrid and play no football’ not sure who he is addressing, might be Bale?

Unfortunately, it's probably Son. 😳

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Bale plays no football here.