By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pre-season 2017 USA tour & Friendlies

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Summer Break is only a dozen (at most!) matches away,here is all the info for pre-season,

C7eihYFXUAAtAfy.jpg

Yes,all you lucky southern canucks and northern mexican hombres get another spurs tour as part of our quest to dominate support in the states!!Hope y`all get to the games,tell us all about it please.

C7gX1_gWkAAOeAo.jpg

Club to return to United States for 2017 International Champions Cup
Posted on 21 March 2017 - 22:30

Tottenham Hotspur will take on Paris Saint-Germain, AS Roma and Manchester City in the fifth edition of the International Champions Cup (ICC) held in the United States this summer.
We face reigning French champions PSG at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida on Saturday July 22 (kick-off 8pm local/1am UK)* before heading to New Jersey to take on Italian giants Roma at the Red Bull Arena on Tuesday July 25 (kick-off 8pm local/1am UK)*.

Our final match of the tour is an all-English encounter with Manchester City, held at the Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday July 29 (kick-off 5pm local/11pm UK)*.

Exclusive presale tickets for all matches will be available from Tuesday March 28, while general sale will begin on Tuesday, April 4. Fans can sign up at www.internationalchampionscup.com for access to the presale. All venue-specific and other ticket information is available at www.internationalchampionscup.com.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: “We are delighted to be taking part in the International Champions Cup this summer - a competition that will provide our players with ideal preparation for the season ahead and give our passionate US fanbase a unique chance of seeing the team test themselves against top European opposition in their home country.

“This will be the fifth time in the space of seven years that the Club has toured the United States and our following in the region has grown significantly during that time - we currently have 64 Official Supporters’ Clubs across North America, more than any other Premier League team.

“The Club is also committed to supporting the game at grassroots level across the States with a comprehensive and authentic youth coaching programme, including two ‘super clubs’, with young players benefitting from methods developed within an Academy that has produced the likes of Harry Kane, Danny Rose and Harry Winks in recent years.

“Furthermore, Tottenham Hotspur’s connections with the United States will continue to strengthen as our new world-class stadium in Tottenham becomes a London home for the NFL once it opens in 2018, hosting a minimum of two regular season games a year - bringing the world’s two biggest sports together for the first time.

“When the team visits in July, you can expect our players to be visible in all three cities, meeting fans, supporting our grassroots coaching programme we will have running alongside the tour, taking part in community activities and immersing themselves in local culture.”

Below: Ledley King at the ICC fixture announcement in New York on Tuesday

leds_ny730x500.jpg

The 2017 International Champions Cup will also be contested by FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United.

Each participating team will play three matches with a win within 90 minutes resulting in three points and a tie going straight to a shootout; the winning team in a shootout will receive two points and the losing team will receive one. The team with the most points at the end of the tournament will be crowned champion.

Having originated in the USA in 2013, the ICC has since expanded to Melbourne, China and the UK, and will this year debut in Singapore. It will be our second successive year involved in the ICC, having competed in Melbourne last July alongside Juventus and Atletico Madrid.

Charlie Stillitano, chairman of Relevent Sports, the tournament’s organiser, said: “The lineup of teams participating in this year’s tournament is world-class. Hosting this calibre of soccer competition in the U.S. is only feasible through the ICC, where these teams can compete in a highly competitive tournament in preparation for their upcoming domestic campaign."

*all kick-off times subject to change

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.football.london/tottenha...tenham-hotspur-methodically-invading-12778718
How Tottenham Hotspur are methodically invading the United States of America piece by piece
Spurs are making moves aplenty to increase their profile across the Atlantic
The announcement came late on Tuesday night - although it had been leaked long before - that Tottenham Hotspur would be heading to the United States of America this summer.

With a ceremony that made the Champions League and Europa League draws look concise and snappy, the International Champions Cup organisers eventually announced that Spurs will play three games across the Atlantic in July. Ledley King was even brought out before the cameras.

On Saturday July 22, Mauricio Pochettino's men will take on French giants PSG in Orlando, Florida, kicking off at 1am UK time (ouch),before travelling to Harrison, New Jersey to play Totti's Roma at the Red Bull Arena on Tuesday, July 25 (1am again).

Then the US tour ends with a more familiar opponent in Manchester City in Nashvillle, Tennessee on Saturday July 29 (11pm UK time).
his move into the American market is just the latest instalment of Spurs' US invasion. The Lilywhites' chairman Daniel Levy spends a large portion of his time across the Atlantic and knows the market out there inside out.

The first public sign of the moves came quite literally with a sign in 2013 when Gareth Bale's image was splashed across a massive 40ft billboard in New York's Time Square, announcing NBC's coverage of the new Premier League season.
The fact that the Welshman moved to Real Madrid weeks later did not take away from the fact that the Spurs shirt was very prominently on display in the centre of the US metropolis.

There was also Hollywood actor Jason Sudekis' rather amusing portrayal of US soccer coach Ted Lasso who took over as manager of Spurs in a couple of extended NBC promotional videos.
However, the moves into US territory had come a long time before such marketing. The idea in the early development of Spurs' new stadium years before had always been to bring the NFL on board.

Levy was desperate for a tie up between American football and Tottenham Hotspur. The sport has never been more popular than it is right now in the UK and likewise 'soccer' as they call it across the pond has never been as big over there. The Spurs supremo always wanted his club to be the gateway between both worlds.
The NFL officials didn't believe the Tottenham chairman could pull off a dual-purpose stadium, but with the remarkable retractable second pitch Levy nailed it and they knew the £800m ground could work. So the ten-year deal for two NFL matches a season at the new stadium was signed and sealed.

More sport fans than ever will now flood into the area, regenerating it while making the north London club a big player across the Atlantic. The prospect of a future NFL franchise based in Tottenham will only increase their brand.
hen there are the kit deals - one signed and one speculated. In 2011, Spurs inked a £50m five-year deal with Baltimore-based Under Armour -then the second biggest US sportswear manufacturers - to begin the following season.

Blair Tripodi, the director of international marketing for Under Armour, said then: “For us being able to partner with Tottenham is a little bit like winning the Super Bowl. It’s our most significant investment to date outside the United States."

However, with Under Armour slipping below Adidas to third in the US sportswear rankings last year, so Spurs have reportedly set their sights on America's biggest fish.
There has been strong speculation that the club have agreed a £25m-a-year deal with Nike to begin this summer when the Under Armour deal runs out.

With that comes further reports that Nike may have held discussions with Tottenham over the naming rights for their new stadium, which will open in 2018.

There's a strong Spurs fan presence across the pond already, with fervent supporter groups in almost every major city and in each state. They will descend on this summer's three matches in their masses to sample what so many at White Hart Lane now take for granted most weeks.Figures released in December showed that Tottenham were the fifth most viewed Premier League side in the US this season on NBC with 4.5m people tuning into their 11 televised matches. Arsenal were fourth, Manchester United third, Chelsea second and Liverpool top. Manchester City were seventh.
Spurs' upcoming high profile matches, following 2015's game against an MLS All Star side at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Colorado, will only further increase their brand in the USA.

With Pochettino's style of play and a team of talented, young, clean-cut stars, the Lilywhites are ripe for marketing to new US audiences in the coming years.

With Levy's ambitious plans with the NFL contract and potential kit and stadium deals, Tottenham Hotspur's American invasion shows no sign of stopping any time soon.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Sir Ledley has been well looked after by the club. What a lovely role he has now, travelling the world in an Ambassadorial role spreading the Spurs gospel to the ignorant and unwise.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Sir Ledley has been well looked after by the club. What a lovely role he has now, travelling the world in an Ambassadorial role spreading the Spurs gospel to the ignorant and unwise.
I read recently that he is finishing up his badges/uefa pro license,which with the time taken since retirement is a good thing.Many recently have finished their badges whist still playing/straight after retiremement,no time for reflection or learning outside of playing football and ultimatly like the nevilles fallen on their arses,just being a player wont make you a great coach,infact the greater the player often the bigger the management failure. I can pretty much say i could live like a "king" if i had his money,ledleys obviously enjoying his time still at spurs,long live the king!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I read recently that he is finishing up his badges/uefa pro license,which with the time taken since retirement is a good thing.Many recently have finished their badges whist still playing/straight after retiremement,no time for reflection or learning outside of playing football and ultimatly like the nevilles fallen on their arses,just being a player wont make you a great coach,infact the greater the player often the bigger the management failure. I can pretty much say i could live like a "king" if i had his money,ledleys obviously enjoying his time still at spurs,long live the king!!
I'm not sure how wealthy he is or whether he was given good advice during his playing days, I remember a few pics of him coming out of nightclubs etc. He probably missed out on the 'obscene' money that they get today. Dele is apparently building a property portfolio for when he retires, based on advice from the father of one of his playing mates from MK Dons.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Some of you are happy about this trip, NFL at the Lane and 'our profile across the Atlantic', you can probably guess what I think about it.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Some of you are happy about this trip, NFL at the Lane and 'our profile across the Atlantic', you can probably guess what I think about it.

Imagine if Trumps business got naming rights. That would be utterly hideous.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don't like it, but will probably take the boys, Nashville's within driving distance. These preseason friendlies are out of control IMO, and are a strong argument for why a winter break in the PL would make absolutely no difference in terms of player fitness--I know a couple of Bundesliga teams came to Florida for exhibitions in January.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't like it, but will probably take the boys, Nashville's within driving distance. These preseason friendlies are out of control IMO, and are a strong argument for why a winter break in the PL would make absolutely no difference in terms of player fitness--I know a couple of Bundesliga teams came to Florida for exhibitions in January.
cant disagree,its now nothing to do with preparation for the upcoming season but a mass marketing promotion exercise,and yes any winter break would just be the same under the guise of a warm winter get away in the asian/floridian/middle eastern sun,break it would not be.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
cant disagree,its now nothing to do with preparation for the upcoming season but a mass marketing promotion exercise,and yes any winter break would just be the same under the guise of a warm winter get away in the asian/floridian/middle eastern sun,break it would not be.
I've actually tried to keep it from my kids, who I know would be breaking my balls about it, but my youngest found out from a friend. So it looks like I'll be dropping probably a 1000 bucks on tickets/hotel/etc.

That said, the club usually have some meet and greets when they come over here, so if they got to meet one or two of the players, it would be well worth it I suppose.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I've actually tried to keep it from my kids, who I know would be breaking my balls about it, but my youngest found out from a friend. So it looks like I'll be dropping probably a 1000 bucks on tickets/hotel/etc.

That said, the club usually have some meet and greets when they come over here, so if they got to meet one or two of the players, it would be well worth it I suppose.
yeah there will be a full tour itineray of open sessions,meet&greets and a couple of games too i suspect!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What's the problem? Players and management seem to love it, all good with me - spread the gospel far and wide.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What's the problem? Players and management seem to love it, all good with me - spread the gospel far and wide.
Well, Mr Pokeycheeno wasn't chuffed with this fucking circus last year was he? He spoke out against the revenue generating waste of time and said it weren't not never, ever, never happening, but then it did. I wonder if Mr Buyrite told him to shut the fuck up and toddle off to the arsehole of the world and 'boost our profile', which really means generate more money for Joe and Danny. If these games would help prepare our team for the following season I might not object so much, OK, I would because of where they are being played, fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Some folks would say that we need the money for the top quality players we need, but lucky Levy has proved that ain't true, he has fluked his way to success by actually making a fucking profit on transfers. I don't give a flying fuck about our profile in the land of the dumb and I am against any implied support to the facist regime there. I would oppose trips to China, Russia, Israel and other countries guilty in my opinion of criminal activities, so I am not just antiseptic. I would like us to set an example by not sending players to rogue nations like Amerika and Russia, yep, I would say no to our boys going to the world cup next year as well. That ain't happening because people are cunts and don't give a fuck about the activities of criminal states as long as they can buy Big Macs, go to Disneyland and watch our team building their fucking useless profile, so I'll just moan about it.

Fuck this trip, fuck NFL, fuck everything (that should cover most of the things that annoy me). What else can I rage against this morning? I'll think of something.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Summer as long as there is a week or two back home before the season,no problem,its more as @J.spurs said,winter breaks become not so much a break from playing but another mid season tour.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'll add that the tickets will be astronomical. I once paid $250 to watch Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka essentially walk around in circles for 45 minutes when Madrid played DC United in 100+ degree F weather.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I'll add that the tickets will be astronomical. I once paid $250 to watch Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka essentially walk around in circles for 45 minutes when Madrid played DC United in 100+ degree F weather.
Yeah, Brazil are playing Argentina at the MCG this year, they will charge an absolute mint to see players from about a hundred miles away from the action, fuck that.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well, Mr Pokeycheeno wasn't chuffed with this fucking circus last year was he? He spoke out against the revenue generating waste of time and said it weren't not never, ever, never happening, but then it did. I wonder if Mr Buyrite told him to shut the fuck up and toddle off to the arsehole of the world and 'boost our profile', which really means generate more money for Joe and Danny. If these games would help prepare our team for the following season I might not object so much, OK, I would because of where they are being played, fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Some folks would say that we need the money for the top quality players we need, but lucky Levy has proved that ain't true, he has fluked his way to success by actually making a fucking profit on transfers. I don't give a flying fuck about our profile in the land of the dumb and I am against any implied support to the facist regime there. I would oppose trips to China, Russia, Israel and other countries guilty in my opinion of criminal activities, so I am not just antiseptic. I would like us to set an example by not sending players to rogue nations like Amerika and Russia, yep, I would say no to our boys going to the world cup next year as well. That ain't happening because people are cunts and don't give a fuck about the activities of criminal states as long as they can buy Big Macs, go to Disneyland and watch our team building their fucking useless profile, so I'll just moan about it.

Fuck this trip, fuck NFL, fuck everything (that should cover most of the things that annoy me). What else can I rage against this morning? I'll think of something.
Good rage but whether we like it or not this whole premier league football business is now a global behemoth and recognising that, I'm glad that as such we are at least at the top of it now with all the top clubs rather than scrabbling around the second tier level with 'the others'. Fair enough on the Australia point...flying 26 hours, with a 11 hour time difference to sow the Spurs seed to a country of about 17 million where about 500,000 are Manchester United fans and the rest don't care about football anayway seems a bit pointless, but European competition and The US (separating sport and politics for the moment) are huge markets for a growing global brand like Spurs. We have a stadium to advertise and finance, global naming rights to sell and in the case of the US, NFL bonds to grow and strengthen. Now I along with many others might prefer the football of old, and a couple of pre season games against Swindon and Barnet, but it ain't like that any more and it's never coming back. So you've got to be in the money machine, everyone associated is pampered to excess anyway, so they might as well get on a plane, give something back to the club that's paying them and also the fans, who at least get to see them play once in awhile.......'cough' even at $100+ a ticket. Harry Kane and Dele are worth that aren't they?

ps Oh and Ledley gets some great holidays, which is nice,

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ICYMI
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...e-250317/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Spurs in the USA - sign up for exclusive presale!
Posted on 25 March 2017 - 12:00

We’re heading back to the USA this summer for fascinating matches in the International Champions Cup (ICC) against Paris Saint-Germain, AS Roma and Manchester City – and you can sign up now for early access for ICC tickets.
Fans are encouraged to sign up HERE for exclusive early access to tickets beginning on March 29*. Tickets will be available to the general public on April 4.