By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pre Season 2018/19

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/pochettino-luke-amos-harry-kane-14975948

if the injuries don't clear up, would you be worried about playing Luke Amos against Newcastle or putting him on the bench?

After four years, in my fifth year, you think I'm going to be scared to play him?

Is he ready then?

that's different. The young players that maybe still don't have experience in high competition, the compensation is about desire and energy. Players like Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, when they were young, showed desire and energy like the young players on the tour. After 4 years, you know that we're people, who if we believe in a young player, I don't care about experience or not.

Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional. Of course, Luke Amos is a good example. He played three games of 90 minutes. He's not so young - 21 - but maybe he doesn't have Premier League experience but his performances in the three games showed it's not a problem to put him to play. Maybe he's going to play ahead of some senior players. I'm more than brave and if I believe in some players I go with all the consequences.

When can you expect the World Cup players to rejoin training?

Monday, this Monday morning they will start their job on the training ground.

Can you say if you expect them to play against Newcastle?

First we need to assess them on Monday and see what happens. Maybe some players look after themselves and they've been training, maybe others rest, we need to see and of course we are not going to take risks if some players are not ready to compete, to play, they are not going to be involved at the weekend. That is so, so clear.
I loved these quotes. As Liam said, the difference from that prick at Man United is striking.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/pochettino-luke-amos-harry-kane-14975948

if the injuries don't clear up, would you be worried about playing Luke Amos against Newcastle or putting him on the bench?

After four years, in my fifth year, you think I'm going to be scared to play him?

Is he ready then?

that's different. The young players that maybe still don't have experience in high competition, the compensation is about desire and energy. Players like Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, when they were young, showed desire and energy like the young players on the tour. After 4 years, you know that we're people, who if we believe in a young player, I don't care about experience or not.

Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional. Of course, Luke Amos is a good example. He played three games of 90 minutes. He's not so young - 21 - but maybe he doesn't have Premier League experience but his performances in the three games showed it's not a problem to put him to play. Maybe he's going to play ahead of some senior players. I'm more than brave and if I believe in some players I go with all the consequences.

When can you expect the World Cup players to rejoin training?

Monday, this Monday morning they will start their job on the training ground.

Can you say if you expect them to play against Newcastle?

First we need to assess them on Monday and see what happens. Maybe some players look after themselves and they've been training, maybe others rest, we need to see and of course we are not going to take risks if some players are not ready to compete, to play, they are not going to be involved at the weekend. That is so, so clear.
You've gotta love sir Poch. He's absolutely right though, skill comes from experience and before that comes effort. Don't get me wrong I know there are freaks that are worlds above at a young age, but energy and effort go a long way in any career.

As has already been said compared to Mourgurnio this is night and day more positive and will actually make the players want to try harder. Mourinhos tactics will make players want to leave. Long may he stay at the helm!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
That went well then !!Strategic loss to put transfer pressure on I am guessing,Poch is smart eh!!
Well it's not Harry starting Krancjar and VdV in CM in the season-opener at Old Trafford, but its a start...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
That went well then !!Strategic loss to put transfer pressure on I am guessing,Poch is smart eh!!
Presumably it was a favour behind the scenes for Poch and Barcelona connections??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
"Champions of the international champions cup,you`ll never sing that"

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
"Champions of the international champions cup,you`ll never sing that"

Ha ha and there is your ready made European Super League of about 5 years time, or maybe just Division One of it.....they’ll be two Divisions and football as we know it now will disappear into a European Super money pot and we’ll all be screaming Brexit.....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Lovely, the winnings could probably pay for a cheese plate and a glass of small batch Cabernet at the Tunnel Club fromagerie...