By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Premier League 16/17

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pleased for Everton so far....Koeman is clearly a good manager, Saints should have tried much harder to keep him. I'm glad that we've got that away game out of the way as well. Other teams are going to find it a tough place to go if they stay on form.
Well mate plenty would tell you we should`ve ditched Poch for koeman.
I do quite like the cut of his jib,and have no malice towards him but no way!!I think I mentioned pre season that everton would be battling in the top 6 IMO,they had the players just needed the right leadership off the pitch.You are right they will push other teams hard especially at home or maybe away where the pressure is off??Good luck to them,just get out of our way,Tottenham hotspur coming through......

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well mate plenty would tell you we should`ve ditched Poch for koeman.
I do quite like the cut of his jib,and have no malice towards him but no way!!I think I mentioned pre season that everton would be battling in the top 6 IMO,they had the players just needed the right leadership off the pitch.You are right they will push other teams hard especially at home or maybe away where the pressure is off??Good luck to them,just get out of our way,Tottenham hotspur coming through......
Yeah but there's more than 'plenty' who have no effing clue about football, they'd change managers twice a year given the chance. Poch is the man, Spurs are the club, and a new stadium is on it's way...happy days.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
FIXTURE UPDATE:
Watford (A) now Sun 1 Jan (KO 1.30pm) – Sky
Chelsea (H) now Weds 4 Jan (KO 8pm) – Sky
man Utd (A) remains Sun 11 Dec (KO now 2.15pm) – Sky
Southampton (A) is now Weds 28 Dec (KO 7.45pm) – Sky

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Love watching Spurs on news years day

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
So pleased that Sky have been creaming over this match was over that for the last 4 days and it is one of the worse matches this season.

Cannot understand their obsession with these 2 teams especially Liverpool.

Nothing was made of the Spurs v City game, certainly not to this level and that was a proper game of football between 2 sides who could win the league. Full of attacking and flair.

Stop living in the 00's Sky!!!!! Both teams are top 6 at best. Wish they would go and jerk of Klopp in private

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Haven't watched the game but it sounds like Liverpool kind of choked.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Haven't watched the game but it sounds like Liverpool kind of choked.
Yeah they struggled to create chances despite having loads of possession. Very poor game, like a lot of games involving Mourinho.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Yeah they struggled to create chances despite having loads of possession. Very poor game, like a lot of games involving Mourinho.

Yeah, I think he was very scared of getting destroyed like his Real Madrid were destroyed by Dortmund.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
at times united dropped off to a back 7,and thats not even a joke which kind of makes them a joke.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Another Mourinho performance as per the pre game analysis, they even played in Chelsea's shirts! Jose really does know how to kill a game with his 90 minutes of anti football, very clever if you like that sort of tactical stuff, i bet the United fans and football lovers don't and that includes me.

Result works well for us though.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
So we are unbeaten and have by far the best defence in the league and we are 5th!

Shows this is going to be tough, picking up results against our rivals may be key but I still have confidence and belief we will finish 1st or 2nd.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Weird weekend...only Liverpool and Chelsea in the top half won. Tight at the top and some clearly decent teams lower down.

A lot depends on when you play who...Bournemouth deserved their draw against us, they were better in the first half and we were much better in the second, but they were coming off a 6-1 win.

We're in a good place right now, right in the thick of things and no game is going to be easy for any club, big or small.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Weird weekend...only Liverpool and Chelsea in the top half won. Tight at the top and some clearly decent teams lower down.

A lot depends on when you play who...Bournemouth deserved their draw against us, they were better in the first half and we were much better in the second, but they were coming off a 6-1 win.

We're in a good place right now, right in the thick of things and no game is going to be easy for any club, big or small.

Yeah, who and where you play in midweek makes a big difference as well. We probably completely knackered Leverkusen as they were shite again on the weekend and they tired us out as well and we came up against a team where we had to put in quite a lot of physical effort as opposed to playing a team that sat back for the first half of the game.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah, who and where you play in midweek makes a big difference as well. We probably completely knackered Leverkusen as they were shite again on the weekend and they tired us out as well and we came up against a team where we had to put in quite a lot of physical effort as opposed to playing a team that sat back for the first half of the game.
At least the next two games with leics and arse will be more even physically with both also playing in europe,and the fact WBA and Bournemouth hardly lost any players to international teams in the "off week" as well as no mid week fixtures,which def gave them an edge..

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Another Mourinho performance as per the pre game analysis, they even played in Chelsea's shirts! Jose really does know how to kill a game with his 90 minutes of anti football, very clever if you like that sort of tactical stuff, i bet the United fans and football lovers don't and that includes me.

Result works well for us though.
The Man Utd team visited an orphanage in Manchester yesterday.
"It's heartbreaking to see their little faces with no hope" said Tommy age 6

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sunderland are absolute crap. Always had a bit of a soft spot for them, but this is the season they go down after dodging it for so long.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Sunderland are absolute crap. Always had a bit of a soft spot for them, but this is the season they go down after dodging it for so long.
They're really gonna have to turn it around to be safe this year aren't they. They need a good run over Xmas and a good January transfer window to have any chances now. The defence is shocking at Sunderland though, just allowing players to run through them without anyone chasing or putting pressure on the opposition....

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
They're really gonna have to turn it around to be safe this year aren't they. They need a good run over Xmas and a good January transfer window to have any chances now. The defence is shocking at Sunderland though, just allowing players to run through them without anyone chasing or putting pressure on the opposition....

I struggle to recall seeing a team collapse quicker after scoring an equaliser. It was like a building demolition.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I struggle to recall seeing a team collapse quicker after scoring an equaliser. It was like a building demolition.
They really are fucked. Feel dorry for Defoe as he saved them last season but don't think he can score enough goals for them this year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Liverpool striker Danny Ings will be out for up to nine months with a knee injury that requires surgery.
The 24-year-old sustained the injury to his right knee during last week's EFL Cup fourth-round win over Tottenham.
It is not the same knee in which he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in October 2015 that sidelined him for seven months.

Do I feel sorry for him,nah not really.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
It's been dare I say it, a very enjoyable weekend of football. Result could have been more in our favour for sure but as a general spectacle of football very good indeed. Liverpool look scary at the moment but I'm still certain their defence will crack at some point and they will hit a dry spell of goals and that's when having a good defence means you pick up points much like we have been whilst not playing great. Let's just get back to winning ways against Wet Spam!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I have to admit I like Klopp and the way Liverpool are playing...very similar to ourselves on our day. They of course have not had too many injuries to worry about or European fixtures to contend with. I expect them to main contenders for the title this season, and they have already played us, Arsenal and Chelsea away. They'll have a dip at some stage and it's going to be a great fight this year amongst several teams. For the moment I'm really happy with where we are all things considered.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
14962614_246773322405051_3098122131017564873_n.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
A new Premier League rule is coming into force next season to ensure that away fans will be provided with pitchside accommodation.

For the 2017 Premier League season clubs must provide at least one block of pitchside seating to visiting supporters - the location of away fans will vary from ground to ground, depending on each ground's configuration.

Of the 20 current Premier League teams, only Sunderland do not include any pitchside seats for away fans.

Away supporters are an essential part of matchday atmosphere and following your team on the road comes at signicant additional cost.

With responsibility for away fans being shared between clubs, the Premier League says that a collective initiative to protect their status is necessary.

FSF chief executive Kevin Miles said: "We've lobbied the Premier League for a number of seasons to move more away fans pitchside and we're very pleased they have chosen to do that from 2017.

"Placing away fans up in the gods may appear to give home teams a competitive advantage, but often in reality this kills the atmosphere for everyone on matchday, this is why we've been lobbying for such a rule to be introduced. We're pleased to see this step taken.

"Away fans make a massive contribution to the atmosphere by bringing noise, colour and character to football grounds every weekend - and we want football to make the most of that."

FYI newcastle also dont have away support pitchside,if they do come up this year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Premier League to discuss potential safe standing areas at routine club meeting next week. No suggestion decision will be made. Early days.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So big game Saturday evening then a week off, during which I hope we get everyone back fit, before 4 key matches, three of which are at home, Swansea, Hull and Burnley, with Man United sandwiched in there at Old Trafford.

Now some will suggest it's still too early to say these three home games are 'must win' type fixtures, but there will be over a third of the season gone by this point and they are starting to feel like a group of games that could potentially put down a marker as to where we might end up come May time. All three games are against lower opposition and I think the players could all do with a confidence boost, so for my money and to stay challenging at the top, I think we're going to need the full 9 points, certainly no worse than 7. It's all very well saying there's a long way to go etc. but these games and the associated points count for the same, whether at the start, middle or end of the season and in this case will set us up nicely for the Christmas and new year period, with Southampton away and Watford, two more winnable games (we won both last year) before Chelsea again at home.

The games against Chelsea and United are of course huge in relative terms for top of the table and who knows what will happen in those, especially as they are both away but winning our home games against the 'lesser' teams is going to be vital for a successful Premier league campaign and they have come at the right time for a bit of momentum and an opportunity for some goals.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So big game Saturday evening then a week off, during which I hope we get everyone back fit, before 4 key matches, three of which are at home, Swansea, Hull and Burnley, with Man United sandwiched in there at Old Trafford.

Now some will suggest it's still too early to say these three home games are 'must win' type fixtures, but there will be over a third of the season gone by this point and they are starting to feel like a group of games that could potentially put down a marker as to where we might end up come May time. All three games are against lower opposition and I think the players could all do with a confidence boost, so for my money and to stay challenging at the top, I think we're going to need the full 9 points, certainly no worse than 7. It's all very well saying there's a long way to go etc. but these games and the associated points count for the same, whether at the start, middle or end of the season and in this case will set us up nicely for the Christmas and new year period, with Southampton away and Watford, two more winnable games (we won both last year) before Chelsea again at home.

The games against Chelsea and United are of course huge in relative terms for top of the table and who knows what will happen in those, especially as they are both away but winning our home games against the 'lesser' teams is going to be vital for a successful Premier league campaign and they have come at the right time for a bit of momentum and an opportunity for some goals.
For all the panty wetting,I normally look at points per game avg cos 2pts avg per match is top 4 every year I believe.So far we are well on top in achieving this so 2 home wins and a disappointing draw for the knicker wetters at home and a draw against borinhio`s team = 4 matches 8 pts,job done! And thats me being pessimistic!!For how hard november has been,december is a lot of fixtures but it could have been worse during this busiest of periods with the opponents we face.
If I was at home I would have done a december pre-month preview like oct/nov but probably dont have time to post ours up and compare with rivals run for dec.

Maybe I will if i dont get a chelsea ticket and go on the piss all day tomorrow in west london!!