By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Premier league 20/21

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
i feel for fulham here, but we've gotten our fair share of bad breaks
If the intent is to take away the accidental hand ball, I'm OK with it because it will nullify at least one aspect of one player's game.

As mentioned, I didn't see the Fulham game so can't comment but I caught a bit of the Dip - Chav game. Don't know if anyone else here caught it but, while in the dipper box, that Fvcker Firminio deliberately tried to flick the ball up at the Chav defender's hand. Wasn't trying to make a play to a teammate or anything else. Just aiming for his hand. He hit it & I was surprised the ref didn't call it. Firminio's a gutless, cheating fvck. Stuff like that is simply a blemish on the game.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
VAR has fucked everything up. Scrap it. Keep the goal line technology, but scrap the rest.
The way we're going, a ref is going to be pointless...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The whole thing is a joke imo. There should be no friendlies....end of.
It's ludicrous. What makes it even more so is that surely nobody's making money off these friendlies.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Call me crazy, but I found it odd that when Sonny laid on the cross for Harry's second, Bale, Lucas and Reguilòn came over for the usual love-in, but I didn't see Son.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Call me crazy, but I found it odd that when Sonny laid on the cross for Harry's second, Bale, Lucas and Reguilòn came over for the usual love-in, but I didn't see Son.
Yeh he arrived a bit late I think if I remember.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Needs a rest, that lad. But if Mou were to do so now, it would look like he's dropping him.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
He definitely needs a rest alright, but maybe just maybe he's feeling a little in the shade overnight ? All season it's been Kane to Son, Son to Kane and Kane to Son again, and playing with a big Cheshire cat smile on his face ...that has now changed.
Since Bale's been starting and scoring goals...Son hasn't been. That's got to be a bit irritating and frustrating for him. It HAS to be. (Off the record). I just hope he realises how much we all love him here and recognise and respect the calibre of player he is. But he also needs to be a good pro. And by being a good pro, I mean enjoying the limelight when you can do no wrong, but also being equally as happy to share that limelight when someone else steps up.
Either way, I hope he gets a break and starts hitting the net regularly again..I love him....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He definitely needs a rest alright, but maybe just maybe he's feeling a little in the shade overnight ? All season it's been Kane to Son, Son to Kane and Kane to Son again, and playing with a big Cheshire cat smile on his face ...that has now changed.
Since Bale's been starting and scoring goals...Son hasn't been. That's got to be a bit irritating and frustrating for him. It HAS to be. (Off the record). I just hope he realises how much we all love him here and recognise and respect the calibre of player he is. But he also needs to be a good pro. And by being a good pro, I mean enjoying the limelight when you can do no wrong, but also being equally as happy to share that limelight when someone else steps up.
Either way, I hope he gets a break and starts hitting the net regularly again..I love him....
Yeah, if it was a straight up choice between the two I wouldn't hesitate.... he is still a young player and his ceiling is even higher than what it currently is. He is basically the Asian Gareth Bale anyway!

I think we still need a serious string puller in our side and have done since Modders left...

N’dombele is a phenomenally gifted baller and what he does imo is the ball retention and distribution with a good slice of key passing... in such a classy way it's fucking brilliant to watch, but if we had another industrious key passer who saw the balls Kane, Son and Bale thrive on to compliment N’dombele we would be at it week in and out going forwards... Hoijberg, N’dombele and a (Modric type) passer is CM locked down solid as fuck.

I think defensively, we've got some bang average shite tbh and I can see us bringing in at least 2 new starters to replace Toby and or Dier and probably a fullback also... and a pacy frech winger as standard.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
They were chatting perfectly normally whilst VAR was doing it's thing. Nothing to see here me thinks.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
They were chatting perfectly normally whilst VAR was doing it's thing. Nothing to see here me thinks.
That's what I want to hear. We may never again have a front three this good. I want them all happy.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
That's what I want to hear. We may never again have a front three this good. I want them all happy.
1615297724215.png

and relax.....

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I’m so disillusioned with this season that I don’t even know who or when we play next.

Jose out

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We've got 5 games left & we're 3 points off Chelsea & Wham in 4th but they have a game in hand. They're playing one another now. So what result do we want? A draw?

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Chelsea have City, Arsenal and Leicester in the league plus Leicester in the FA Cup and 2 legs against Real so all is not lost yet! Of course we will need to win every game which with the way we've been playing is going to be a tough ask, but still...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We've got 5 games left & we're 3 points off Chelsea & Wham in 4th but they have a game in hand. They're playing one another now. So what result do we want? A draw?
I don't think it matters as getting top four is probably not happening, 6th is the most optimistic I can be at the moment.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Stolen from Reddit

With 4 games left to go, we are 5 points off 4th. Any reasonable person would look at that and say no chance. However, here in r/coys we are not reasonable people so let's take a look at those with a chance of top 4.

PositionGames PlayedTeamPointsGD
334Leicester6322
434Chelsea6122
534Tottenham5622
633West Ham5510
733Liverpool5416

We sit in 5th. Liverpool can overtake us if they beat Man Utd with their game in hand but let's assume they don't. West Ham would need to win all 5 games, so let's assume they drop points in one of those. Let's also make an assumption that we win our remaining 4 games (including the Leicester game). This would give us a final points total of 68.

Therefore, we would need Leicester to take a maximum of 5 points or Chelsea to take a maximum of 7 points in the remaining 4 games. Given we are all the same goal difference, I'll make the assumption that us winning the final 4 games would give us the superior goal difference and that Chelsea and Leicester would need 1 more point than us to be ahead.

Leicester
If we beat them on GW38, they will need 6 points in the other 3 games. Their fixtures for those other 3 games?

Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea.

They will most likely beat Newcastle, but United and Chelsea will definitely be a challenge.

Chelsea
Chelsea need 8 points from their remaining 4. Their fixtures?

Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Aston Villa

A Man City win would mean 8 needed from the other 3. So they'd need to win all 3. Possible - but if they beat Leicester then we can overtake Leicester if Leicester fail to take 3 points from United.

Tottenham
We would obviously need to win our remaining 4 to have a chance. Let's see our fixtures.

Leeds, Wolves, Aston Villa, Leicester.

We undoubtedly have the easiest remaining fixtures. However, anything less than 4 wins is very unlikely to be enough and us getting top 4 could very easily come down to the final game vs Leicester.

Summary
We need Man Utd to win or draw vs Liverpool in their game in hand.

West Ham to drop points in one of their remaining 5 games.

Whoever loses in the Chelsea vs Leicester game needs to then lose 1 more game.

If Chelsea lose we need Man City or Arsenal to take points off them.

If Leicester lose we need United to take points off them.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Stolen from Reddit

With 4 games left to go, we are 5 points off 4th. Any reasonable person would look at that and say no chance. However, here in r/coys we are not reasonable people so let's take a look at those with a chance of top 4.

PositionGames PlayedTeamPointsGD
334Leicester6322
434Chelsea6122
534Tottenham5622
633West Ham5510
733Liverpool5416

We sit in 5th. Liverpool can overtake us if they beat Man Utd with their game in hand but let's assume they don't. West Ham would need to win all 5 games, so let's assume they drop points in one of those. Let's also make an assumption that we win our remaining 4 games (including the Leicester game). This would give us a final points total of 68.

Therefore, we would need Leicester to take a maximum of 5 points or Chelsea to take a maximum of 7 points in the remaining 4 games. Given we are all the same goal difference, I'll make the assumption that us winning the final 4 games would give us the superior goal difference and that Chelsea and Leicester would need 1 more point than us to be ahead.

Leicester
If we beat them on GW38, they will need 6 points in the other 3 games. Their fixtures for those other 3 games?

Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea.

They will most likely beat Newcastle, but United and Chelsea will definitely be a challenge.

Chelsea
Chelsea need 8 points from their remaining 4. Their fixtures?

Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Aston Villa

A Man City win would mean 8 needed from the other 3. So they'd need to win all 3. Possible - but if they beat Leicester then we can overtake Leicester if Leicester fail to take 3 points from United.

Tottenham
We would obviously need to win our remaining 4 to have a chance. Let's see our fixtures.

Leeds, Wolves, Aston Villa, Leicester.

We undoubtedly have the easiest remaining fixtures. However, anything less than 4 wins is very unlikely to be enough and us getting top 4 could very easily come down to the final game vs Leicester.

Summary
We need Man Utd to win or draw vs Liverpool in their game in hand.

West Ham to drop points in one of their remaining 5 games.

Whoever loses in the Chelsea vs Leicester game needs to then lose 1 more game.

If Chelsea lose we need Man City or Arsenal to take points off them.

If Leicester lose we need United to take points off them.
Interesting analysis...who knows. Another interesting view is that if we’d played properly throughout the season rather than Mourinho ball, we’d not have given away 20 points from winning positions. Let’s assume I’m being unfair because he’s not a cunt 100% of the time only when he’s near a football and we only have half those points......Well then we would have 10 more points than we do now and would likely almost have already qualified for the lucrative Champions League.

so if Levy hadn’t employed Mourinho and had backed Poch when he should have done we would likely still be challenging at the top of the table, with a happy squad with just as much chance or better of winning things.

Instead, because of Levy and his antics, we have a failing, toxic club that no-one worth his salt wants to manage and an increasing number of players don’t want to play for.

It’s clear as a bell - Levy you must see it. Leave.