By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Premier League 2017/18.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well.....

Just though I'd get this off the ground, yes it's a little way off but all the 2017/18 PL discussion in here.

Tottenham go into this season 2nd placed finishers (runners up to the Chavs) and looking to consolidate our position amongst the top 4 and title contenders, while moving out of our home ground and occupying Wembley Stadium for a season while WHL is transformed into the best modern stadium in at least Europe if not the world. 61+ thousand fans will be able to watch Spurs in a state of the art football stadium with the biggest single tier stand (17.5k) in English football, the White Heart Wall.

This season sees Tottenham play in the Champions League in sussessive campaigns for the first time and us looking to improve on last seasons showing of not progressing past the group stages.

Wembley Stadium our home ground for 2017/18 has historically not seen the best performances from Spurs in recent times. Tottenham played their CL games through 2016/17 at Wembley failing to register a single win. In fact we have failed to win at Wembley since our cup win in 2008...!!!

What should we expect in 2017/18... Who knows as the variables are huge.

What I would like to see is Poch continuing to impose his style of play on our team while adding another element for when we come against stubborn bus parking teams. I want to see the players brimming with passion and pride while playing for Spurs and striving to be the first names on the team sheet to open our new ground in the 2018/19 season.

I'd like to see what the latest offerings from the academy are and how Poch is going to keep moving this squad on a positive tragectory.

COYS.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The fixtures for the 2017/18 Premier League season will be released on 14 June.0900 BST

The new season will open on the weekend commencing 12 August 2017 and conclude on Sunday 13 May 2018.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
76. MORE. DAYS.

DA7hlKkXgAAiHWe.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
In only 9 days time we will know who we are playing and when for the 2017/18 season at Wembley. I guess following this date, the club will make us aware of the ticketing options, bundles, packages and pricing for the season at Wembley?

Hurry up, I'm missing watching the best team in the world entertain us.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Well.....

Just though I'd get this off the ground, yes it's a little way off but all the 2017/18 PL discussion in here.

Tottenham go into this season 2nd placed finishers (runners up to the Chavs) and looking to consolidate our position amongst the top 4 and title contenders, while moving out of our home ground and occupying Wembley Stadium for a season while WHL is transformed into the best modern stadium in at least Europe if not the world. 61+ thousand fans will be able to watch Spurs in a state of the art football stadium with the biggest single tier stand (17.5k) in English football, the White Heart Wall.

This season sees Tottenham play in the Champions League in sussessive campaigns for the first time and us looking to improve on last seasons showing of not progressing past the group stages.

Wembley Stadium our home ground for 2017/18 has historically not seen the best performances from Spurs in recent times. Tottenham played their CL games through 2016/17 at Wembley failing to register a single win. In fact we have failed to win at Wembley since our cup win in 2008...!!!

What should we expect in 2017/18... Who knows as the variables are huge.

What I would like to see is Poch continuing to impose his style of play on our team while adding another element for when we come against stubborn bus parking teams. I want to see the players brimming with passion and pride while playing for Spurs and striving to be the first names on the team sheet to open our new ground in the 2018/19 season.

I'd like to see what the latest offerings from the academy are and how Poch is going to keep moving this squad on a positive tragectory.

COYS.
In regards to our Wembley record, as abysmal as it is we did still manage to beat CSKA Moscow there in the last CL group game.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I really hate this Wembley hoodoo nonsense, you look at the run we've had and there's only the semi defeat to Portsmouth which really pisses me off.

2 of the 3 Chav losses, they were pretty much overwhelming favourites, so no great surprise in the 5-1 and 2-0 losses, only the last one were we seen as realistically having a good chance and with a bit more luck, we could've turned them over.

We've lost to Utd on penalties, no shame in that.

We've lost to the eventual cl semi finalists, even in that game, if my memory serves me correct, we were pretty decent.

An underwhelming draw against Leverkusen, when we were in the middle of a fairly lacklustre patch in the league, as well as missing Toby and Harry.

Finally a draw against Gent, where Deli was sent off and despite not being at our best, we pretty much battered 'em.

I expect us to have well and truly put this supposed hoodoo to bed, within the first 5/6 weeks of the season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BBC Radio Leicester: A deal to confirm Craig Shakespeare as the permanent manager of Leicester City is almost complete. The club are expected to make an announcement later today.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
You can get 16/1 on them being relegated. Think i'll stick a lady on that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Some cracking middle names here!!

Premier League clubs from the 2016/17 season have submitted the lists of players they will be keeping in their squads, and the ones they will be releasing.

Premier League rules require all clubs to submit their retained and released lists to the Premier League by the third Saturday in May,

Tottenham Hotspur
Contracts
Alderweireld Toby Albertine
Alli Bamidele Jermaine
Amos Luke Ayodele
Austin Brandon Anthony
Bennetts Keanan Chidozie
Bentaleb Nabil
Carter-Vickers Cameron
Davies Benjamin Thomas
Dembele Mousa
Dier Eric Jeremy Edgar
Dinzeyi Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan Dylan
Edwards Marcus (Extended)
Eriksen Christian
Eyoma Timothy Joel
Fazio Federico
Georgiou Anthony Michael (Extended)
Glover Thomas William
(o) Goddard Cy Offer
Harrison Shayon
Heung-Min Son
Janssen Vincent Petrus Anna
Kane Harry
Lamela Erik
Lloris Hugo
Loft Ryan
Maghoma Christian
Marsh George Owen
McGee Luke Paul
Miller William (Extended)
N'Jie Clinton
Nkoudou Mbida Georges-Kevin
Oakley-Boothe Tashan
Ogilvie Connor Stuart (Extended)
Onomah Joshua
Pritchard Joe Cameron (Extended)
Roles Jack
Rose Daniel Lee
Shashoua Samuel (Extended)
Sissoko Moussa
Sterling Kazaiah
Tanganga Japhat Manzambi
Tracey Shilow (Extended)
Trippier Kieran John
Tsaroulla Nicholas
Vertonghen Jan
Vorm Michel
Walker Kyle Andrew
Walker-Peters Kyle
Walkes Anton
Wanyama Victor
Whiteman Alfie
Wimmer Kevin
Winks Harry

Scholars
Brown Jaden (Extended)
De Bie Jonathan
Freeman Charlie
Griffiths Reo Revaldo
Hinds Tariq Devontae Aaron
Lock Matthew Joseph
Omolabi Moroyin
Reynolds Jamie Joe

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
As if Janssen hasn't got enough problems already....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Southampton have sacked manager Claude Puel after one season in charge.

The 55-year-old Frenchman, who was appointed in June 2016, led Saints to eighth in the Premier League last season despite losing 16 games.

They also reached the League Cup final, their first major final since 2003.

A Southampton statement read: "The search for a new management team is under way. We are confident that we will find the right fit in line with the long-term vision of the club."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fuck that, I want COMFY SEATING! Cold wet arses can lead to severe medical issues in old folks like me, I will;l sue Levy if I get arse related problems due to those cold, hard, wet plastic seats - not made wet by me, I still have a bit of bladder control as long as I have a wee before the match, at half time and on my way out of the ground, not during the match I hate those cunts that are up and down like fucking yo-yos, going off for a piss every 5 minutes, if you can't go 45 minutes without needing 20 visits to the bogs then you should not be allowed to buy a ticket.

You can stand safely, I want to sit in a nice comfy armchair with enough legroom and some separation from the lardy fat cunts who always get the seats either side of me, those obese cunts should not be allowed to buy tickets either. I also want a button to press to electrocute the fuck out of those cunts who moan all through the match then leave 10 minutes before the end, or sit there on their fucking phones not even bothering to watch the game.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Unless their opinion has changed wildly in two years, I'd be surprised if they were neutral now. They are all about making the game inclusive, and felt all seating stadia made the game more accessible to women and children.

That said. I'm all for it. Get it through ASAP so the White Wall can be converted to safe standing before we've finished it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Crystal Palace have named former Ajax and Inter Milan manager Frank de Boer as their new boss on a three-year contract.

The 47-year-old Dutchman succeeds Sam Allardyce, who left after helping Palace avoid relegation last season.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Crystal Palace have named former Ajax and Inter Milan manager Frank de Boer as their new boss on a three-year contract.

The 47-year-old Dutchman succeeds Sam Allardyce, who left after helping Palace avoid relegation last season.
That's could be a good move for them. Keep most of their betters players and spend wisely in the summer and they could resemble an half decent team/competitive mid table team.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There was something like 17 points that's 6 games difference between 7th place Everton and 8th place Southampton this season who finished with about 48 points. It's two different leagues now.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I would imagine that considering to sell 18000 Season tickets, has resulted in going to 40,000 on the bronze list, that selling Wembley next year and the new Stadium in future years isn't going to be easy for West Brom on a Tuesday night.

They will need to come up with some creative ticket pricing packages.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I would imagine that considering to sell 18000 Season tickets, has resulted in going to 40,000 on the bronze list, that selling Wembley next year and the new Stadium in future years isn't going to be easy for West Brom on a Tuesday night.

They will need to come up with some creative ticket pricing packages.
I think it'll be ok in the new place as season ticket holders and corporate seats will take up a large chunk of the place but Wembley is another beast all together, coupled with the fact some fan's aren't happy with a year at Wembley it could be tough to fill that place against a West Brom on a Wednesday night.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
first few Sky Sports games released tomorrow!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
PL getting Arsenal on a friday night before thursdays stops all that nonsense.;)

DEDBRFJXgAEcJH4.png

DEC-qHWXoAAcyUd.jpg

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
PL getting Arsenal on a friday night before thursdays stops all that nonsense.;)

DEDBRFJXgAEcJH4.png

DEC-qHWXoAAcyUd.jpg
Was hoping the Chelsea game wouldn't get changed to the Sunday... I knew it would get pick for tv but was hoping to remain a Saturday. I'll still be there even if I got rearrange stuff now.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@admin I say dear chap could you put this thread in the lilywhite lounge?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It is already mate ? Which section would you prefer ?
lol i should have said spurs discussion,not match day?but only cos other gaff it was there,fuck it leave it here lets break the mould !!