By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

RB Leipzig CL Rnd of 16 (H) Weds 19th Feb 2020 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Got to stay in it to win it!! Or a earn a few bob more before the gravy train is derailed.

There are plans pre match to honour the great Jimmy Greaves,in the programme,HT,and his family will be there,lets put on a show for him on his 80th.
Might have a farmers league name,but no mugs this lot,very organised,like to sit back and good on the counter with highly rated strikers.Wonder what happens if both teams sit back and want to play on the counter eh!!Watched a bit of them vs Bayern,they have a huge unit in defence Upamecano,,one for the future.Perhaps that is what the £18 ST price rise is for.Daniel you crafty dog you.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Got to stay in it to win it!! Or a earn a few bob more before the gravy train is derailed.

There are plans pre match to honour the great Jimmy Greaves,in the programme,HT,and his family will be there,lets put on a show for him on his 80th.
Might have a farmers league name,but no mugs this lot,very organised,like to sit back and good on the counter with highly rated strikers.Wonder what happens if both teams sit back and want to play on the counter eh!!Watched a bit of them vs Bayern,they have a huge unit in defence Upamecano,,one for the future.Perhaps that is what the £18 ST price rise is for.Daniel you crafty dog you.
I watched that Bayern game last week, they are very good going forward, but on that occasion had trouble scoring against a Bayern team that were all over the place. Their equivalent of Davinson Sanchez was indeed a unit, but he was also prone to errors. I reckon we have every chance of going through if we can find a bus and put a couple in the old onion bag at home. See you there!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news. Erik Lamela (thigh) is being assessed ahead of tomorrow’s match. Juan Foyth (groin) is in late stages of conditioning. Harry Kane (hamstring) & Moussa Sissoko (knee) continuing rehabilitation. Heung-Min Son (arm) undergoing surgery to his right arm this week.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Maybe once we've all worked out where Gedson plays, we'll find out it's as a striker?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
From BBC sport - this will help (a bit)
RB Leipzig have selection issues at centre-back as Dayot Upamecano is suspended while Ibrahima Konate and Willi Orban are injured.
That could mean that on-loan Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu starts. The Wales international, 19, has made six appearances for the German side so far this season.

Also:

RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann was previously dubbed 'Baby Mourinho' by former Germany goalkeeper Time Wiese, but the 32-year-old has been keen to ensure the focus is on the players not the two managers.
"Eight years ago Tim Wiese called me Baby Mourinho, but that was only for two weeks," said Nagelsmann. "After that he called me Julian again.
"Tomorrow it is Leipzig against Tottenham, not Mourinho v Baby Mourinho. I have great respect for Mourinho. He has won lots of titles with big clubs, the Champions League twice.
"He has made his mark on European football at some big European clubs. I think it's his 59th knockout game in the Champions League and it is my first so there is obviously respect there."

And:

Jose Mourinho hopes that the absence of his key players means the German visitors will underestimate Spurs. "They are probably thinking, 'Wow, now is the time to kill them'," said Mourinho. "I understand why they think that way but we are going to give everything and I don't think it's going to be easy for Leipzig to play against us."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Who thinks this might work (Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime - yeah great fixture scheduling, have a guess when Liverpool are playing...FFS)
Hugo
Aurier Toby, Jan, Davies
Winks, Lo Celso
Moura, Dele, Sessegnon (Lamela?)
Bergwijn

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Who thinks this might work (Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime - yeah great fixture scheduling, have a guess when Liverpool are playing...FFS)
Hugo
Aurier Toby, Jan, Davies
Winks, Lo Celso
Moura, Dele, Sessegnon (Lamela?)
Bergwijn
I think it will be moura or dele up front,they at least have some aerial threat.Its not a game for dele to be giving the ball away trying flicks and nuts,so I will go with Moura.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh what a night
Watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night.
Got no striker cos the owners tight

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
COYS.... We need to get right up them and play our game.

Lets kick on from the weekend and carry some serious momentum into the game against those plastic racists mugs across town...

COYFS....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Leipzig are good...

Why does Werner not have the same shirt sponsor as the rest?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Theres a couple that have white RedBull sponsors and some that have coloured ones.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We've done well to weather that for 45 mins....

Dont think we will last another 45 just defending. We have to stretch them and start playing in their half at least let alone their final 3rd.

I dont se how we can change it though?

Weve got the best players available on the field... fat moose will be a passenger out there they'll skip past him and he wont work for it back.

Only other option is Dier, but we'll have to sacrifice Winks or JLC who ar eboth playing very well.

Dele has been a passenger again... we could do with him dragging out another 10%...

COYS, settle them down with a blistering start and an early couple of goals.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
0-0 is a great result for us at half time, we could have been dead and buried. Can we stay lucky, rely on High and grab one on the counter? Yeah, course we can! They are very good.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Let's hope for a fast start and string a few passes together...pin THEM back..COYS!!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Fucking second rate championship grade dick was challenge

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We look so fucking fragile when we go behind....

The lads look like they expect to loose or go a goal down but are demoralised when they do.... like they dont believe they can dig them selves out of it.

That used to be what we did. We'd keep playing until the opposition gave us a chance. We'd chase and hustle until the last seconds and invariably have chances as our fitness wore teams down and they started to make mistakes.

I dont recognise this Spurs side. I dont recognise some of the players anymore.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Were we trying to park the bus first half?

We're literally a diferent side for the last 20 mins. Its almost a piss take that it takes this long and to go behind for us to actually turn up...!

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Our cunt after the game..........

Wow, he doesnt know what to do. He doesnt have the personell to change it.

This is a call out to Levy if I ever saw one.... this is battle of the personalities or him and Levy in the summer....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
1am,hundred quid lighter,what the fuck was that?Didnt feel much like a game.
Oh well,this is how its going to be until kane&*son come back,didnt feel like we had any plan going forward,Buswankersaurus is back.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
This is what you get with a negative manager and 3 years of inexcusable squad management.

The chickens have now come home to roost.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The chickens have now come home to roost.
....you trying to be funny? ;)

I'm almost pleased it's only 1-0 we can go to Leipzig and win 2-1, will we? maybe not, but after that first half battering it could have been much worse. Make no mistake they are a good team, quick, incisive and organised and we look very much like a work in progress, or these days I think they call it 'transition'. It doesn't help having 3 first choice players missing, but we still found the drive to give it go for the last 20 minutes. I wonder if it's a Mourinho tactic to weather the storm and then go all guns blazing for last quarter. I'd rather we started like that if I'm honest. Couldn't really fault many of the players, Leipzig were just relentless and apparently we couldn't get going. I'm still not sure Gedson knows where he's playing, but after a summer overhaul (are you listening Levy) and getting the injured players back we'll be fine.......won't we?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm still not sure Gedson knows where he's playing......
He looked tidy, but I agree he looked a little shell shocked...

I think he will be one for the future but he needs an arm round him.... good job we have a manager who is renowned for bringing on and nurturing fresh emerging talent.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There were some real positives last night. Lo Celso was the very bollocks of the dog, Lamella made a huge difference when he came on. Serge did some good stuff, Hugo saved us many times, Bergwijn could be special and maybe Fernandes. I didn't get the tactics, maybe that woossisname manager bloke was trying to wear them out and strike at the end, if so I am not keen, he's done that before and it hasn't worked. If we had started like we finished maybe the result would have been different? I am not grumpy about being beaten 1-0 by a team of that quality and we are still well in with a shout.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There were some real positives last night. Lo Celso was the very bollocks of the dog, Lamella made a huge difference when he came on. Serge did some good stuff, Hugo saved us many times, Bergwijn could be special and maybe Fernandes. I didn't get the tactics, maybe that woossisname manager bloke was trying to wear them out and strike at the end, if so I am not keen, he's done that before and it hasn't worked. If we had started like we finished maybe the result would have been different? I am not grumpy about being beaten 1-0 by a team of that quality and we are still well in with a shout.
i am never purely about a result,but you can lose and still be entertained,we werent yesterday.