By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

RB Leipzig CL Rnd of 16 (H) Weds 19th Feb 2020 20.00

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
i am never purely about a result,but you can lose and still be entertained,we werent yesterday.
During the game I wasnt looking at it as bus parking, I saw it as us not being able to hold a candle to them for 70 mins, being totally out played, out muscled and out whittled, then finding our swingers when it was way too late...

I said it further up the thread though.... post match having seen the 70 min resurgence.... I felt like I had been watching a shitty bus wanker side.

If this is "Progress" then you can shove it up your arse.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He`s back!! (season 3 mourinho)

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
No strikers..yet we have an 18 year old with newly signed 3 year contract in the squad hungry and ready to prove himself...but according to Jose..he's "not ready"!Parrott watched the game in the stands....not included in the squad.... Throw him in on Saturday FFS.....give Troy a shot....

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Mourinho is a dick. The man actually makes Levy seem likeable in comparison. Fuck him. And Levy's still a cunt.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I wonder if it's a Mourinho tactic to weather the storm and then go all guns blazing for last quarter. I'd rather we started like that if I'm honest. Couldn't really fault many of the players, Leipzig were just relentless and apparently we couldn't get going.

Isn't that part of the Spurs ethos? To go at teams with style & for glory?

That's what made me a fan all those years ago. We'd rather win 5-4 than 1 nil.

Anyway, back to this match.
They ran us ragged for 70 mins in which we spotted them a lead. We couldn't get a foothold on the game. They moved us all over the pitch having us exert so much energy defensively. Yet we still had plenty in our tank to go at them for the last 20-25 mins (having made some integral subs)..
I'm almost certain JM's plan was to not concede & then to go at them.
I believe the key was that we didn't have a fully fit Lamela & NDombele. If they were, we may have been able to go at them from the get go. They made a considerable difference.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Isn't that part of the Spurs ethos? To go at teams with style & for glory?

That's what made me a fan all those years ago. We'd rather win 5-4 than 1 nil.

Anyway, back to this match.
They ran us ragged for 70 mins in which we spotted them a lead. We couldn't get a foothold on the game. They moved us all over the pitch having us exert so much energy defensively. Yet we still had plenty in our tank to go at them for the last 20-25 mins (having made some integral subs)..
I'm almost certain JM's plan was to not concede & then to go at them.
I believe the key was that we didn't have a fully fit Lamela & NDombele. If they were, we may have been able to go at them from the get go. They made a considerable difference.
Honest that first minute if it wasnt for hugo the game plan would have been rumbled.We used to have all the ball.now we have none,some games we create more through this counter football,but really good teams its just a matter of time,like when with poch we would play a palace or the like,sooner or later we would score,now thats against us,bar a fluke like the city game.
I am perplexed TBH if getting battered is our tactic.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mourinho is a dick. The man actually makes Levy seem likeable in comparison. Fuck him. And Levy's still a cunt.
Maybe that's the master plan.... piss everyone off with shit biring football and become the savior when he sacks him.

Levy is a cunt.