By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Red star Belgrade (A) CL weds nov 6th 20.00

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ndombele and Sissoko were fantastic. Lo Celso very tidy and Sonny doing what he does best and Gazza continues to stake his claim to be the permanent No.1 even when Hugo’s back.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Thought everyone played really well. They aren't the best team in the world but they sat deep and made us work our way through, which is something we have been struggling with massively. I've been banging on for a while about are 3 in the middle needing a more forward thinking player than Winks and Lo Celso looks to be it. Gets about rhe Park, gets stuck in and likes though sneaky forward passes.

I thought Dier was brilliant. Alot more assured on that left side than Sanchez while playing with Toby. As a pair they made some mistakes but that changes with understanding each other with game time together. I reckon now that position suits Dier more as quite frankly he is not mobile enough to move around midfield the way Sissoko and Ndombele do.

Son played well as always, as did Gazza. 2 great stops.

Foyth was OK, although he tried that Gareth bale kick and run one to many times.

All in all solid all round performance, with some decent corners!!

If I heard it right it was their heaviest deveat ever at home.

Poch will likely change 2/3 players at the weekend, but I'd be inclined to stick with that team as close as possible. I know he is talking about burn out and what not but really Son and Kane are the only ones playing in basically every game. They should have plenty in the tank for another couple of games as a team. Get them all to gel properly.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Foyth was OK, although he tried that Gareth bale kick and run one to many times.
Was nice to see a FB try and get past someone,even though he wasnt really successful.Rose and aurier just try&swing in a cross from deep or pass it backwards,a big part of our predictableness recently,no threat from halfway in their half to the goal line down the flanks from our FBs,means you can just pack the middle and overwhelm kane,dele,son,moura.

Good job overall by the team,if we can beat sheff utd,tails will be getting up again.And a shot across the bows to those out of contract,if they want to play now til may they need to earn it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Red Star Belgrade have suffered their heaviest home defeat in their European Cup/Champions League history. and losing just twice in their previous 21 games in Europe at the Rajko Mitic Stadium

Tottenham have become the first English team to beat Red Star away from home in a Champions League/European Cup tie.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Red Star Belgrade have suffered their heaviest home defeat in their European Cup/Champions League history. and losing just twice in their previous 21 games in Europe at the Rajko Mitic Stadium

Tottenham have become the first English team to beat Red Star away from home in a Champions League/European Cup tie.
What crisis?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Really good game to watch, bit of heart, hunger and desire on show. Felt fresher and effort on show. A lot of good performances, I liked Dier, loved N’Dombele and Lo Celso, Son was beyond class. Don’t fiddle too much with this lot Poch.....they’re giving it a real go. Not the finished article yet but a good work in progress.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Thought everyone played really well. They aren't the best team in the world but they sat deep and made us work our way through, which is something we have been struggling with massively. I've been banging on for a while about are 3 in the middle needing a more forward thinking player than Winks and Lo Celso looks to be it. Gets about rhe Park, gets stuck in and likes though sneaky forward passes.

I thought Dier was brilliant. Alot more assured on that left side than Sanchez while playing with Toby. As a pair they made some mistakes but that changes with understanding each other with game time together. I reckon now that position suits Dier more as quite frankly he is not mobile enough to move around midfield the way Sissoko and Ndombele do.

Son played well as always, as did Gazza. 2 great stops.

All in all solid all round performance, with some decent corners!!

If I heard it right it was their heaviest deveat ever at home.

Poch will likely change 2/3 players at the weekend, but I'd be inclined to stick with that team as close as possible. I know he is talking about burn out and what not but really Son and Kane are the only ones playing in basically every game. They should have plenty in the tank for another couple of games as a team. Get them all to gel properly.
Thought Ndombele and Lo Celso were huge positives last night and the future of our midfield. I loved Ndombele, he constantly wants to go forward and gives us that momentum to drive the team forward in that area of the pitch. There seemed to be a lot more players running ahead of the ball carrier giving more options in the attacking third rather than the static nature of our football of late, where the ball just goes from side to side and backwards.

The big difference for me looking at January to now and the last 3/4 years has been the loss of Dembele and the huge dip in form of Eriksen. Ndombele and Lo Celso have the ability to fill those positions.

I would love to see that lineup for the weekend. Subject to any knocks, then i’d love to see that whole midfield plus obviously Harry start. You look at Liverpool and they generally play the same lineup week in week out, even with a midweek cl fixture thrown in there. We need to get some consistency going in the league and hope we stay injury free to key personnel and we’re not gonna get that if we get chopping and changing every week and pick players who are bang out of form.