By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Referees again.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
They are all getting inolved, its getting boring. You could analyse every decision

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well I know someone, who's friend passed a mate in the street the other day, who's brothers, cousins best friend said that he asked his Dad who knows Jon Moss's Dad and bothe decisions were absolutely correct.

The only thing that went wrong was that Kane missed the first one, he's a fucking shit, one season wonder, we should get Andros Townsend back. There's someone who knows how to take a good penalty, eh? ;);)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
They are all getting inolved, its getting boring. You could analyse every decision
this is why VAR is bollocks,we would still be arguing now,and if we werent it would be moving on to another wrong decision,like was that a throw or were there 2 liverpool players encroaching on kanes 1st penalty (there was btw),it ll never stop.

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
this is why VAR is bollocks,we would still be arguing now,and if we werent it would be moving on to another wrong decision,like was that a throw or were there 2 liverpool players encroaching on kanes 1st penalty (there was btw),it ll never stop.
This. What would happen is that the laws of the game would be changed in response in an attempt to make things more clear cut, but there will still be endless controversy, because I think a minority of important decisions are cut-and-dried enough to allow VAR to resolve them..

I'm telling you, as a yank, most American sports are stop-start anyway, so that lends itself a little more to the use of video replay to get the calls right. I couldn't care less about American football, but I'm a basketball fan, and the constant reviews at the end of the game make a lot of the games unwatchable to me. It will be even worse with football. The controversies won't be gone, but the flow of the game and the drama and emotion surrounding goals, penalties, etc will.

Obviously I'm a bit of a purist (though I have no issue with goal line tech),but I don't think it's going too far to say that it will ruin the game as we know it.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
This. What would happen is that the laws of the game would be changed in response in an attempt to make things more clear cut, but there will still be endless controversy, because I think a minority of important decisions are cut-and-dried enough to allow VAR to resolve them..

I'm telling you, as a yank, most American sports are stop-start anyway, so that lends itself a little more to the use of video replay to get the calls right. I couldn't care less about American football, but I'm a basketball fan, and the constant reviews at the end of the game make a lot of the games unwatchable to me. It will be even worse with football. The controversies won't be gone, but the flow of the game and the drama and emotion surrounding goals, penalties, etc will.

Obviously I'm a bit of a purist (though I have no issue with goal line tech),but I don't think it's going too far to say that it will ruin the game as we know it.

Couldn't agree more. The reviews in the NFL are kind of fun because, let's be honest, the whole thing is a bit of a gladiator spectacle to begin with. The reviews in the NBA are just horrible. As if the end of basketball games wasn't bad enough? Horrid to watch.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

I was 100% behind VAR since it appears that so many mistakes get made and these mistakes, whilst completely understandable at the speed the game is played, can be very costly, literally. Promotion and Relegation, Champions league, and trophies can all depend on these vital penalty and offside type goal decisions.

Now I'm wavering a little, based on recent real life events. I'm still all for the right decision being made, when its black and white like offside, but penalties are still often subjective. At Liverpool on Sunday we actually saw how good some officials are, not only at getting the right decision but also the interpretation of the laws. So I'd still back VAR for pens and offsides but that is it. the fear is that it will be Red cards next, then yellow, then was it a corner or goal kick. I watched the Super Bowl on Sunday night, well half of it anyway. Apparently it was a great game, one of the best ever and broke lots of records....I had to keep waking myself up because the action wasn't continuous. I don't want that to happen to football.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't see how they can do offside decisions. You would need cameras tracking all the players as the angles of fixed cameras would be confusing? Dunno, maybe with tech they can do it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't see how they can do offside decisions. You would need cameras tracking all the players as the angles of fixed cameras would be confusing? Dunno, maybe with tech they can do it.
They computer generate, horizontal lines across the pitch, or at least they did in the Leicester vs Fleetwood game, so the exact camera angle isn't so important. There was another problem issue though....can't remember what it was.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I told you lot this camera bollox was a huge bag of steaming horse shite...

Leave the fucking game alone... totally alone, leave it you cunts.
I always said (not sure if here or elsewhere) that it’s going to fck the game up. It’ll start looking a lot like american football with all the stoppages for checking the replay for fouls and such.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I always said (not sure if here or elsewhere) that it’s going to fck the game up. It’ll start looking a lot like american football with all the stoppages for checking the replay for fouls and such.
are we going to end up with the clock stopping?no doubt game time is being lost to the paying public.Maybe van bastens idea of a 60 min game of the ball in play&active isnt so mental??

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
In a Watford v Stoke? The ball was apparanlty in play for 44 minutes .
I’ve always favoured a 2 challenge system, which if proved right , you get to keep it, if wrong you lose it.....and the 4th official who does bugger all for most of the game, sits in a sound proofed box, and can await a buzzer from the manager and tell the ref if he’s missed anything .....all in all getting the right decision is the important thing, and each query wou,d take 30 seconds maximum, otherwise it goes with the original refs decisions ......most freekicks penalties etc these days take 3/4 minutes if there’s a dispute.......but I’ve never ever seen a ref change their mind

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
if there’s a dispute.......but I’ve never ever seen a ref change their mind
no mate,its 4 days later and liverpool fans still clearly believe they can change jon moss' mind

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Is the VAR for tonight's game
no mate,its 4 days later and liverpool fans still clearly believe they can change jon moss' mind
They will never give up until justice is done and the first penalty decision is reversed. OK.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

They will never give up until justice is done and the first penalty decision is reversed. OK.
yup had one today on twatter,told him ok lets chalk the goal off....oh wait you fucking melt.
I ve seen some claiming lamela obstructed van dick by being in the way of the ball,imagine if that was really a law in the game.

Its a sad state cos no one is talking about vics screamer and a cracking game,just 2 correct decisions by the officials.And apparently tottenham are cheats,and its a jewish conspiracy has been mentioned.When youre boiling so much piss,you are doing something right!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's just become hilarious now........if you didn't laugh at them, you'd cry - then you'd fit right in on the kop!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's just become hilarious now........if you didn't laugh at them, you'd cry - then you'd fit right in on the kop!!
i havent even looked on rawk,must be full meltdown.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
yup had one today on twatter,told him ok lets chalk the goal off....oh wait you fucking melt.
I ve seen some claiming lamela obstructed van dick by being in the way of the ball,imagine if that was really a law in the game.

Its a sad state cos no one is talking about vics screamer and a cracking game,just 2 correct decisions by the officials.And apparently tottenham are cheats,and its a jewish conspiracy has been mentioned.When youre boiling so much piss,you are doing something right!!!
It's bonkers eh? Theydon't seem to realise that Harry missed the penalty they are so incensed about, just the fact they are, victims again sets them off. What must it be like in Liverpool if the Tescos queue you're in goes slower than the one next to you or someone pinches your favourite parking space? Imagine if your missus gets the cream of the top the milk on her corn flakes before you! The whole place is mentally unstable, victim mentality:

victim-mentality-signs-pinterest-lonerwolf-min.jpg

Meanhwile back in the non-stark-raving mental world:

Fuck!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
They should put that Victim Mentality graphic on one of their big Kop flags - describes them perfectly.
Point 11 reminds me of a place I used to frequent, some time ago now.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Always the victims.oh look he's alright

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Always the victims.oh look he's alright

A conversation with a dipper - not that you would ever do that::

Spurs are cheats and we woz robbed
OK, Dele dived and was booked, so what?
Oh you think Kane dived?
...and Lamella fouled himself?
The Premier League Panel disagree
You own Jamie Carragher disagrees
Everybody who is not you disagrees
Suarez was a cheat and you loved him
Mane is dirty cheat and you love him
Gerard was a dirty cheat and you worshipped him
Lalana is a dirty thug
Charlie Adam was a Liverpool player
Lucas was a big dirty cheat
Mark fucking Lawrenson played for Liverpool and he's a cunt - end of, now fuck off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This regarding VAR in tonights game.

The International FA Board, who control the Laws of the Game in football worldwide, recently started an experiment using video technology to assist the referee in major game-changing decisions. Several countries throughout the world have trialled the system and last September, England became an official participant in The IFAB VAR experiment. The FA and the EFL have agreed to trial the system in selected matches in the FA Cup and EFL Cup this season, including our game against Newport County this evening.

The aim of the experiment is to use video replays to avoid clear and obvious errors in four match-changing situations:

• Goals
• Penalty/no penalty decisions
• Direct red cards shown or not shown (second yellow cards are not able to be reviewed)
• Mistaken identity

The emphasis of the experiment is to focus on clear and obvious errors. In this way, the system aims to minimise any interference with the flow of the game and maximise the advantages of reviewing the video replays. Given the subjective nature of football and a desire to maintain the flow and spectacle of the game, the system is not intended to achieve 100 per cent accuracy in every decision. The VAR is there to advise the referee only for the four game-changing situations and the original decision of the referee on the pitch can only be changed if a video review shows a clear and obvious error.

The VAR’s role is to assist the referee, and they will check incidents in the four match-changing situations. Most of these checks will go unnoticed as they will take place in the background while the game is continuing. If a check shows that that a clear and obvious error may have taken place, a review will then follow. The review process, which can be requested by the referee or recommended by the VAR, takes two forms.

Firstly, the VAR can inform the referee that there is a factual error on a clear situation which does not require the referee to review the video. For example, the player who scored a goal was an in an offside position. You will then see the referee making the ‘TV screen’ signal and he can then change the original decision, disallowing the goal and penalising the offside offence.

In situations that are less clear, the VAR will advise the referee to look at the video. This is called an On-Field Review. You will see the referee move to the side of the pitch to review the footage on a monitor before making the final decision. Following a review, the referee will make a ‘TV screen’ signal and communicate the final decision. This may either confirm or change the original decision.

Usually, these reviews will take place during a stoppage in play and the referee will hold up the game until the review is completed. Occasionally, the referee may choose to stop the game to consider a review. This will only happen when play is in a ‘neutral’ area, typically in midfield.

IFAB will continue to monitor the system and the way it has impacted on the game in the many competitions who are participating in the experiment, before deciding whether to amend the Laws of the Game to include Video Assistant Referees.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This regarding VAR in tonights game.

The International FA Board, who control the Laws of the Game in football worldwide, recently started an experiment using video technology to assist the referee in major game-changing decisions. Several countries throughout the world have trialled the system and last September, England became an official participant in The IFAB VAR experiment. The FA and the EFL have agreed to trial the system in selected matches in the FA Cup and EFL Cup this season, including our game against Newport County this evening.

The aim of the experiment is to use video replays to avoid clear and obvious errors in four match-changing situations:

• Goals
• Penalty/no penalty decisions
• Direct red cards shown or not shown (second yellow cards are not able to be reviewed)
• Mistaken identity

The emphasis of the experiment is to focus on clear and obvious errors. In this way, the system aims to minimise any interference with the flow of the game and maximise the advantages of reviewing the video replays. Given the subjective nature of football and a desire to maintain the flow and spectacle of the game, the system is not intended to achieve 100 per cent accuracy in every decision. The VAR is there to advise the referee only for the four game-changing situations and the original decision of the referee on the pitch can only be changed if a video review shows a clear and obvious error.

The VAR’s role is to assist the referee, and they will check incidents in the four match-changing situations. Most of these checks will go unnoticed as they will take place in the background while the game is continuing. If a check shows that that a clear and obvious error may have taken place, a review will then follow. The review process, which can be requested by the referee or recommended by the VAR, takes two forms.

Firstly, the VAR can inform the referee that there is a factual error on a clear situation which does not require the referee to review the video. For example, the player who scored a goal was an in an offside position. You will then see the referee making the ‘TV screen’ signal and he can then change the original decision, disallowing the goal and penalising the offside offence.

In situations that are less clear, the VAR will advise the referee to look at the video. This is called an On-Field Review. You will see the referee move to the side of the pitch to review the footage on a monitor before making the final decision. Following a review, the referee will make a ‘TV screen’ signal and communicate the final decision. This may either confirm or change the original decision.

Usually, these reviews will take place during a stoppage in play and the referee will hold up the game until the review is completed. Occasionally, the referee may choose to stop the game to consider a review. This will only happen when play is in a ‘neutral’ area, typically in midfield.

IFAB will continue to monitor the system and the way it has impacted on the game in the many competitions who are participating in the experiment, before deciding whether to amend the Laws of the Game to include Video Assistant Referees.
But, can VAR go back in time and reverse Harry Kane's 1st penalty against the Dippy Dippers? Obviously not because it was a good'un, but they will ask the question ( for 20 or 30 years).

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

We will have a minutes silence, 80 foot flags and lobbying for a parlimenatriy review of the decission for the next 40 years over that fucking offside decision.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dirty uber standard mudering cunt got away with this for now.Surely retrospective ban?