By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Rochdale (H) FA Cup 19:45 Wed 28th February 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Rochdale.jpg

OK, we have generously given them a deserved trip to Wembley, time to end their journey. If I keep quiet nobody will notice that I have mirriorised this picture so we are the home team - doh! We have a great chance now of winning the FA Cup, let's go big, go strong, give the kids a treat - £20 for 2 adults and 2 kids is a brilliant deal, if I lived in London and had had two kids who were not 40 I would go for sure. But as it's a school night they will be grumpy as fuck on Thursday morning, but that will be counteracted by having seen the mighty Spurs bang in 8 or 9 goals - so everything will be cushty.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This is a mirror image of the Newport game. Again Spurs have given generously to the grass roots of the game. I expect a mirror result 2-0 with our squad/rehabilitation/must try harder/few first teamers team, or something similar like 3-1. I was going with my daughter, which would have been a mirror image of last time as well, but now I can't because I'm away working, so it isn't. COYS, lets get to the quarter final and Swansea or Sheff Wednesday, then it's Cup glory time!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Fucking typical, I get me some nice cheapo tickets to take mum and my girl to see Spurs and what happens - a week of f*cking snow happens and I crick me back at work (needing pills and rest),can't believe it, total joke. Hoping it will be postponed to be honest as it's predicted to be minus 4 as well which is the crowning turd in the water cupboard!

Was so looking forward to it as well...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: Toby Alderweireld (hamstring) and Jan Vertonghen (ankle) - Tottenham expect "both absences to be short term".

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: Toby Alderweireld (hamstring) and Jan Vertonghen (ankle) - Tottenham expect "both absences to be short term".
Who is playing centre back with Foyth then? either Dier or Sanchez I presume.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Who is playing centre back with Foyth then? either Dier or Sanchez I presume.
would guess so,unless an unlikely kid gets a shout but very unpoch like that.Wonder how is it possible to play 3 at the back,maybe davies LCB?or wanyama to fill in? could use em all dier,foyth and sanchez and watch the howls of why take the risk!!probably stick with 4 I would guess,hopefully no tactical master class is required for emmer Dale fc.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
would guess so,unless an unlikely kid gets a shout but very unpoch like that.Wonder how is it possible to play 3 at the back,maybe davies LCB?or wanyama to fill in? could use em all dier,foyth and sanchez and watch the howls of why take the risk!!probably stick with 4 I would guess,hopefully no tactical master class is required for emmer Dale fc.
Sissoko screamer after 24 minutes followed by an own goal or penalty after 65 mins would suit me fine!! Then move onto a thrashing of Huddersfield as per the game at their place earlier in the season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Is anybody else watching the shit that Swansea and Sheffield Wednesday are serving up? Both Rochdale and Spurs would beat either of these. I've been watching for what seems like an hour but he clock only says 36 mins.....it's Dire stuff. The other Dyer not Danny, Nathan I think his name is, is smaller than a very small thing indeed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Soooo shit... Its like one team is trying to bore the other asleep and then take advantage one their catching some Z's...!!!

And The Cunt Lawrenson commentating too...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I feel sorry for Tom Carol.... Oooh nearly bagged for Ayew's opener on a plate.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
13 games unbeaten at Wembley, I think we are getting used to it now, those dark days when we thought it was a terrible mistake are gone. On paper this is a walk in the park, but we all know what FA Cup games are like, that walk in the park turns into a nightmare trek through a jungle with scorpions and snakes and nasty creepy crawlies.

It's going to be rough and tough, Rochdale will be throwing everything against us, but we will take control and romp home. 5-0

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Its wank but they have to call it off... Met office weather warnings means people will be in danger travelling... Shame.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Its wank but they have to call it off... Met office weather warnings means people will be in danger travelling... Shame.

Yep, just call the fucking thing off, gonna be a total ball ache once that snow predicted this afternoon comes down and freezes. Not to mention the poor sods coming down from Rochdale (bet they've already left). Spurs being a bunch of numpties about this, I've seen games called off for far less.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
And when will we replay it? It's 2018, not every area of the country is affected and it's at the national Stadium.

If it's dangerous then fair enough, but it isn't at the moment is it?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Play the fucker its 18 dgrs here dont see what you all bitching about !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And you all laughed at my bonnet that time,have fun!!
DXH3EL7WsAEwdN7.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ooppps who forgot the covers then?

DXH61gJXUAAlPL-.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
And when will we replay it? It's 2018, not every area of the country is affected and it's at the national Stadium.

If it's dangerous then fair enough, but it isn't at the moment is it?
They could have a 5 a side game in the Wembley Arena. I suppose if they do cancel it then it will have to be played on the 13th, cos the quarter finals are on the 16th and 18th? Fucking 'Beast From The East' - we're all doomed!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I remember back in the olden days of 2013, I set off at half past the arse end of fuck knows in the morning to travel to White Hart lane to see the United game. It was cold, colder than this mild spell at the moment, fucking cold. There was a bus replacement service from Andover to some other arsepit of nowhere place, it was snowing like fuck, did I mention how fucking cold it was? Five hours later I was on the train from Liverpool Street to the Lane and some clever cunt with a phone said there was going to be a pitch inspection and the game might get called off, I was miffed as fuck and cold, it was so, so cold. Luckily the game went ahead so I sat with my arse freezing on those cold, cold seats listening to some fat cunt moaning about how crap we were and would get thumped, thankfully he fucked off 10 minutes from the end and missed the Fergie team goal which gave us the deserved point, the cold was forgotten and the snowball fight with the two 6 year old Arsenal supporters from the flats opposite the station was hilarious. Happy little Yiddos we were, singing 'We scored in Fergie time' to the Manks and lobbing suspiciously yellow coloured snowballs at each other.

Here's a picture I took that day, Chipry was laying frozen eggs it was so cold, did I mention how fucking cold it was?

vhirpy.jpg

Here's another one of my snaps showing just how very, very cold it was:

whl.jpg

The journey home was another 6 hours in a freezing cold train, cos the fucking heating had broken and a poxy bus that was so hot that we all melted into puddles of slush, I wasn't bothered by then because I had decked several cans of falling over juice.

So, anyone who is whingeing like a little girl about the weather. I'm not going to point the finger , but @Motspur Hotspur I'm looking at you, man up and go and enjoy the game, be fucking nails like wot I used to be. Would Graham Roberts whinge on about the cold? No he would not.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I haven't got a scooby where Rochdale is - all I know is that it is far, far away. So, anyone at the game tonight give a little cheer to the hero fans from Rochdale who have braved the Beast and turned up to support their team, Proper fans.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Last night the temperature here in Finchleyland was 11 degrees F which is minus 11 degrees C. I am still not 100% sure I will be going.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I remember back in the olden days of 2013, I set off at half past the arse end of fuck knows in the morning to travel to White Hart lane to see the United game. It was cold, colder than this mild spell at the moment, fucking cold. There was a bus replacement service from Andover to some other arsepit of nowhere place, it was snowing like fuck, did I mention how fucking cold it was? Five hours later I was on the train from Liverpool Street to the Lane and some clever cunt with a phone said there was going to be a pitch inspection and the game might get called off, I was miffed as fuck and cold, it was so, so cold. Luckily the game went ahead so I sat with my arse freezing on those cold, cold seats listening to some fat cunt moaning about how crap we were and would get thumped, thankfully he fucked off 10 minutes from the end and missed the Fergie team goal which gave us the deserved point, the cold was forgotten and the snowball fight with the two 6 year old Arsenal supporters from the flats opposite the station was hilarious. Happy little Yiddos we were, singing 'We scored in Fergie time' to the Manks and lobbing suspiciously yellow coloured snowballs at each other.

Here's a picture I took that day, Chipry was laying frozen eggs it was so cold, did I mention how fucking cold it was?

View attachment 455
Here's another one of my snaps showing just how very, very cold it was:

View attachment 456
The journey home was another 6 hours in a freezing cold train, cos the fucking heating had broken and a poxy bus that was so hot that we all melted into puddles of slush, I wasn't bothered by then because I had decked several cans of falling over juice.

So, anyone who is whingeing like a little girl about the weather. I'm not going to point the finger , but @Motspur Hotspur I'm looking at you, man up and go and enjoy the game, be fucking nails like wot I used to be. Would Graham Roberts whinge on about the cold? No he would not.

Reading that post has made me laugh so much my back is playing up (again) so well done you've broken (and shamed) me in one post (which is to your credit).

To be fair I did own up to it, however I have girded my loins and booked a parking space, not the official one mind they can fuck right off, no, some dodgy back street bloke with a mac type parking. I will set off with all intent to scream and dance and see if I can get my even sillier hat on TV @skiathospurs and see how it goes.

I remember that game. Mums sunday dinner, all sat round the telly in mums large, warm, it was very warm front room with our bellies all full of lovely, scrumptious, warm sunday roast. All screaming at the telly cos Rio was kicking the shit out of Bale, thinking how wronged we were and then up popped Dempsey in Fergie time. Warmed us right up it did ;)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Reading that post has made me laugh so much my back is playing up (again) so well done you've broken (and shamed) me in one post (which is to your credit).

To be fair I did own up to it, however I have girded my loins and booked a parking space, not the official one mind they can fuck right off, no, some dodgy back street bloke with a mac type parking. I will set off with all intent to scream and dance and see if I can get my even sillier hat on TV @skiathospurs and see how it goes.

I remember that game. Mums sunday dinner, all sat round the telly in mums large, warm, it was very warm front room with our bellies all full of lovely, scrumptious, warm sunday roast. All screaming at the telly cos Rio was kicking the shit out of Bale, thinking how wronged we were and then up popped Dempsey in Fergie time. Warmed us right up it did ;)
You got there nice & early I see

article-2520494-19F647D500000578-304_964x643.jpg

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Llorrente deeply unreliable so really playing with 10.