By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Royal Antwep (A) EL thurs 29th Oct 2020 17.55

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Toby's home town club apparently. What a good game he had last night........took the head band from Hojbjerg and played with the same mindset. Interesting how Kane said in interview afterwards about the togetherness in the dressing room and also that we now had more leaders. Anyway good times, 10 unbeaten and Antwerp on Thursday.......also look at our squad now, real depth to compete on several fronts, hopefully with less injuries this campaign.

Not sure who Maureen will ask to step up but have had a guess below. We haven't seen Gedson or Sessegnon recently? have they gone on loan I haven't noticed. This would be a good game for Sess I would imagine. Anyway got to admit I've got more of an eye on Brighton on Sunday, so put out a good team but give the main men a rest, we could do without the injuries this year and have the squad to cope. Think we'll win this 3-0
Hart (Give Gazza a game?)
Aurier, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies/Sergio (45 mins each)
Winks, Sissoko/Lo Celso (45 mins each)
Bergwijn, Dele, Bale
Sid

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Toby's home town club apparently. What a good game he had last night........took the head band from Hojbjerg and played with the same mindset. Interesting how Kane said in interview afterwards about the togetherness in the dressing room and also that we now had more leaders. Anyway good times, 10 unbeaten and Antwerp on Thursday.......also look at our squad now, real depth to compete on several fronts, hopefully with less injuries this campaign.

Not sure who Maureen will ask to step up but have had a guess below. We haven't seen Gedson or Sessegnon recently? have they gone on loan I haven't noticed. This would be a good game for Sess I would imagine. Anyway got to admit I've got more of an eye on Brighton on Sunday, so put out a good team but give the main men a rest, we could do without the injuries this year and have the squad to cope. Think we'll win this 3-0
Bergwijn, Dele, Bale
Sid
Sessegnon is in germany on loan,and gedson,if Dele cant even get on the bench or start in europa,what chance him.

Pretty sure sanchez,aurier were rested last night after playing 2 in a row,plenty of options to rest or play out of the 25.And more subs available in europe.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

Bergwijn, Dele, Bale
Sid

Sess is at Hoffenheim.
Gedson is still with us.

I firmly believe that Winks next to Sissoko is asking for trouble.

I'd like to see what Rodon has to offer.
Didn't Davies just play two 90 mins games in a row? One when he captained the team at LCB & then at LB yesterday.

Hope to see Bale find his rhythm.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Sess is at Hoffenheim.
Gedson is still with us.

I firmly believe that Winks next to Sissoko is asking for trouble.

I'd like to see what Rodon has to offer.
Didn't Davies just play two 90 mins games in a row? One when he captained the team at LCB & then at LB yesterday.

Hope to see Bale find his rhythm.
re-davies,could be a chance to run out Cirkin?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am going for toby captain in his home town,shit like that happens.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Gareth Bale is in line to start our Europa League match against Royal Antwerp on Thursday, with Jose Mourinho set to rotate his side following Monday night’s win at Burnley.
Assistant Head Coach Joao Sacramento confirmed today (Wednesday) that the Welsh international attacker is set for his second start and third appearance overall since returning to the Club on loan from Real Madrid last month.
He was an unused substitute at Turf Moor.
“I can tell you that we will make some changes but like in every previous match, the changes don’t mean that the team is weak,” said Joao ahead of our Group J, matchday two meeting in Belgium.
“We believe that with the squad that we have, even with rotation, the team will keep the level and the quality of play.
“Tomorrow, Gareth Bale will start. Gareth is improving a lot – in terms of fitness level, his condition is much, much better, he’s feeling better every day and with the interaction that we have with him, he’s feeling very positive and we believe that soon he will be at his top level again.”
Defender Japhet Tanganga is the only player out injured, while Gedson Fernandes, Paulo Gazzaniga and Joe Rodon are ineligible to feature in the group stage of the competition.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Didn't realise that Rodon wasn't registered for Europa League.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eric Dier and Tanguy Ndombele haven't travelled for tomorrow's game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
GLC to step into that creative role... FatBele has been great if late so he needs to make a statement.
I agree but he only needs a half and be ready to play at the weekend.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I wonder if the players get pissed with only playing 45's...?

I imagine a run in the side is great for form but those on the fringes will become eager as fuck to play...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So we have met before....

Elffx6qXEAAAdef

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Davies at CB! Alli as a 10! Or 8. Or, uh, 6. Let's see. Decent bench, that.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Has Samchez had a bang in the head???

If not can someone lump him...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We've had our arses handed to us this half...

Beaten on and off the ball right across the park.

Movement up front has been gash... Vinny is a target man that's evident and there sporadically getting something bounce off him but other than that its been a 45 minute shocker...

Davis... WTF are you thinking there lad... deal with the ball dont give them the chance to catch you in possession... school boy error.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hard to pick who was worst out of the first half XI, but can't argue against any of the changes.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Unbeaten in 10 and we get this performance?

awful all over the pitch

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Have we had a shot on target...? 89th minute.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
You would think that the competition for spots would have motivated the guys on the fringes..

Bergwijn
Winks
Reguilon
Lo Celso
Dele

All these guys were terrible.