By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Rugrats (H) EL thurs 26th nov 2020 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I guess its who gets rest,who gets a run out.
I would Imagine toby is out,rodon isnt registered in this because for uefa he isnt homegrown,doherty isolating still?.So if tanganga is ready do you play him right back?or CB?rest aurier or rest Dier? Do you start with the big guns like kane and drag them off early or wait til second half and use them if we are floundering??

And what about Mr Alli?maybe if we turn the wifi off he can put the controller down long enough to play a bit??be nice eh!!Lets hope erik`s vagina problems are sorted too.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
And what about Mr Alli?maybe if we turn the wifi off he can put the controller down long enough to play a bit??be nice eh!!Lets hope erik`s vagina problems are sorted too.

Hot off the press:
Wifi off? Won't help. Dele just purchased a new data plan but that won't help Lamela's ongoing extensive yet ambiguous genitalia issues. Though next transfer window, Jose has asked Levy for an OB-GYN.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Sorted?

Hart
Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Tanganga
Winks, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Dele, Lamela
Vinicius

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Hot off the press:
Wifi off? Won't help. Dele just purchased a new data plan but that won't help Lamela's ongoing extensive yet ambiguous genitalia issues. Though next transfer window, Jose has asked Levy for an OB-GYN.
Wait a minute here. Are you suggesting the 5G network upgrades are somehow causing Lamela's unexplained but persistent symptoms?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I would play Doehrty instead of Aurier and save him for the weekend. Can't believe I just typed that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You've got Matt Doherty back, how ready is he to play?

Yeah he's back. By the legal and clinical point of view he's ready. Is he ready to start a match? We don't know. Honestly I still have some work to do with him to understand that, but to participate in the game, playing or being on the bench, it's good, because in the Europa League we can have 12 players on the bench so 12 plus 11 makes 23 and it's good to have him in the 23-man squad.

So will you continue with your policy to play strong sides? Can you afford to play Harry Kane and Eric Dier, your first choice spine?

I will not play the same team I played against Manchester City. Of course I'm not going to. There are different reasons for that. Of course the accumulation of matches is a problem. The Toby injury has a relation with an accumulation of minutes.

It's also about players that work a lot. They're not starting matches and they deserve to start. Ben Davies has to start. He didn't play Sunday, he plays tomorrow.

Just as an example, good players, good professionals. Working very hard for the team. I consider them first options. So between Sergio and Ben, they are first options. So of course after Sergio played on Sunday it's normal that Ben is going to play tomorrow.

(He does know one is a LB and one a RB I hope!!)

When you're talking about centre-backs you haven't been mentioning Japhet Tanganga, is that because he's not fully fit or that you see him as a full-back?

For me he's a full-back. Can he play centre-back? Yes he can, of course he can, and he will if we need and we will need. He can play centre-back, but for me in the context of what high level football is and especially Premier League is, I see him more as a multi-functional defensive player but I see him more as a full-back.

How close are you to having Erik Lamela back?

Not this week. Not this week. Not tomorrow or Sunday, I think I can say that. I would be very, very surprised if he said he was able to play Sunday so I will say not this week.

Do you know of the problems with Ludogorets and Covid, and will this make the game easier for you?

According to my information, it's not true. According to my information, the problems that they had were immediately after the game we played there. They had only one more match after that which they won in Sofia, and after that during the international period they managed to recover the players.

So the team that comes tomorrow for the game I believe that only two players that played against us are not playing. The Romanian striker that scored against us and the African central midfielder.

Apart from that, all the other nine players are in the list and ready to play. And they recovered an important attacking player that didn't play in the first game and now he's ready to play. So I don't understand the news because there is a big contradiction between the news and the official information that we have.

It's a team with zero points so of course they will try everything to get a positive result here, and if we don't take it seriously we know what is going to happen because it happened to us in Antwerp and we spoke about it this morning with the players.

It's a dangerous group, it's a group where you will need a lot of points to qualify. It's not one of these groups were sometimes eight or nine points is enough to qualify. So we need results, we have three more matches to play, and if possible tomorrow we need three points.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ps hope Vinicius gets off the mark and Japhet has a good game. Assuming Doherty just needs minutes before Chelsea.....or are we reverting to Aurier!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Perfect team for tonight. GO Dele, get a hatrick and/or run the show. Run your bollocks off mate!!
I hope so,guess we will see early doors how motivated he is.No excuses against farmers for him not to shine,if he puts it in.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Giovani Lo Celso picked up a knock in training which has kept him out of tonight's squad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
N’Dombele is bossing this. I know it’s a poor opppsition, but he’s becoming a beast. If he continues on this trajectory we might have found a genuine world class player.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
N’Dombele is bossing this. I know it’s a poor opppsition, but he’s becoming a beast. If he continues on this trajectory we might have found a genuine world class player.
You're right, they're basically playing against 11 training cones, but I like anyone in his position who will pick the ball up at midfield and drive at the back four. Best player on the pitch by some distance. Dele's been good too.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Pretty much perfect game, against terrible opposition. Good attitude from everyone, 2 goals from Carlos, quietly confident Tanganga, Dele worked hard, goal from 50 yards and a really couple of useful looking kids in White, Clarke and especially Scarlett. 9/10 all round. Could have won by a couple more.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
That all do, decent performance from the fringe players. Vinicius looked excellent and nice to see the youngsters.

Although he played well, I cannot see how Winks fits in the starting 11, to many better players ahead.

I think he may end up leaving, just like Mason did

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Ps hope Vinicius gets off the mark and Japhet has a good game. Assuming Doherty just needs minutes before Chelsea.....or are we reverting to Aurier!

I think Aurier has improved a lot and is our best option right now. Doherty is taking time to integrate.

That mob were lucky it was just the 4. It could easily have been 10.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think Aurier has improved a lot and is our best option right now. Doherty is taking time to integrate.

That mob were lucky it was just the 4. It could easily have been 10.
Probably the weakest performance I can remember opposition giving us in an age,a league 2 side in the fa cup would have pushed us harder.So its not quality related completely,european sides often just dont seem to bother if they are massive underdogs,group stages probably hugely to blame,one off gmaes are one thing doing it 4 times out of 6,no chance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That all do, decent performance from the fringe players. Vinicius looked excellent and nice to see the youngsters.

Although he played well, I cannot see how Winks fits in the starting 11, to many better players ahead.

I think he may end up leaving, just like Mason did
well if we didnt have winks,probably sissoko or hojbjerg would have played more minutes.He played well,forward thinking,tidy,I wouldnt move him on in january.Skipp is the one who will fill that hole in the squad IMO.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Probably the weakest performance I can remember opposition giving us in an age,a league 2 side in the fa cup would have pushed us harder.So its not quality related completely,european sides often just dont seem to bother if they are massive underdogs,group stages probably hugely to blame,one off gmaes are one thing doing it 4 times out of 6,no chance.

Every time I see Ludogorets I think of Sucrets the medicinal throat lozenge.
Having said that, the lozenge seems stronger than that side.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Every time I see Ludogorets I think of Sucrets the medicinal throat lozenge.
Having said that, the lozenge seems stronger than that side.
I saw the stats,not a single shot,not even one missing by a sissoko margin.Thats awful,wouldnt happen in a domestic cup game against even a non league side.