By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

RyanAir, AirBnB and stuff.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I ain't never flown RyanAir before, but we're giving them a go om Monday when we nip off to Spain to look at casas for buying.

I have read loads of stuff from people whingeing about RyanAir, all the extra charges etc. but it all seemed pretty good to me. EasyJet wanted£240 per person each way from Bristol to Alicante, fuck, that's £960 before you add in luggage, so thats over £1,000! I booked us Ryanair to Valencia for £210 all in, including one checked in suitcase and I paid the £20 priority boarding so we can take a 10kg lump of hand luggage each.

There were no 'hidden charges', everything was clear, the app on my dog n bone seems pucker, I have got the boarding passes on the app, taken screen shots of the boarding passes and printed the fuckers just in case, it says you can check in on one phone, but as I'm up the back and the boss is up the front I can't see how that works. I didn't pay the stupid £16 to chose a seat, it's only 2 hours and Mrs D gets to sit next to someone nicer than me, probably.

£210 for 2 returns to Valencia at Esater with 40kg of luggage seems like fucking good deal to me. If we get to Valencia and back then I'll let you know if they were any good or not.

We were going to get an AirBnB apartment, but when I tried to register they wanted me to send a scan of my passport or driving licence along with a picture from my webcam. Whoah! There is no way on this fucking earth that I am going to give an Internet company scanned copies of documents that can be used to easily nick my identity, one of me is enough for this world ta very much. Government agencies with military grade security get hacked, most of the huge companies on the net have been hacked, so WHEN AirBnB get done over they won't have my stuff in their database. So I said no way Pedro and booked a hotel that looks well nice.

I was offered a package trip to fucking Benidorm, in a self catering apartment that looked like a 20 storey prison for £750 quid each - 1500 notes for the two of us - fuck that for a game of soldiers, I have booked parking at Bristol, flights, car hire, 2 hotels and got a year's hire car excess insurance policy for less than a grand by doing it all separately. If it all goes tits up I will be subject to the look from Mrs D, so I am praying that it don't.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Even worse than the look is the bit where the missus starts talking after and that shit cuts deep.

Sounds like a good deal, there are so many ways to save a few quid if your prepared to look but internet companies know that most people are just lazy fuxkers who will pay up!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Even worse than the look is the bit where the missus starts talking after and that shit cuts deep.

Sounds like a good deal, there are so many ways to save a few quid if your prepared to look but internet companies know that most people are just lazy fuxkers who will pay up!
Even worse is when the talking stops ..... the silence of doom!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Don't get a window seat with RyanAir.

They charge you £10 for each time you use it to enjoy the view.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I ain't never flown RyanAir before, but we're giving them a go om Monday when we nip off to Spain to look at casas for buying.

I have read loads of stuff from people whingeing about RyanAir, all the extra charges etc. but it all seemed pretty good to me. EasyJet wanted£240 per person each way from Bristol to Alicante, fuck, that's £960 before you add in luggage, so thats over £1,000! I booked us Ryanair to Valencia for £210 all in, including one checked in suitcase and I paid the £20 priority boarding so we can take a 10kg lump of hand luggage each.

There were no 'hidden charges', everything was clear, the app on my dog n bone seems pucker, I have got the boarding passes on the app, taken screen shots of the boarding passes and printed the fuckers just in case, it says you can check in on one phone, but as I'm up the back and the boss is up the front I can't see how that works. I didn't pay the stupid £16 to chose a seat, it's only 2 hours and Mrs D gets to sit next to someone nicer than me, probably.

£210 for 2 returns to Valencia at Esater with 40kg of luggage seems like fucking good deal to me. If we get to Valencia and back then I'll let you know if they were any good or not.

We were going to get an AirBnB apartment, but when I tried to register they wanted me to send a scan of my passport or driving licence along with a picture from my webcam. Whoah! There is no way on this fucking earth that I am going to give an Internet company scanned copies of documents that can be used to easily nick my identity, one of me is enough for this world ta very much. Government agencies with military grade security get hacked, most of the huge companies on the net have been hacked, so WHEN AirBnB get done over they won't have my stuff in their database. So I said no way Pedro and booked a hotel that looks well nice.

I was offered a package trip to fucking Benidorm, in a self catering apartment that looked like a 20 storey prison for £750 quid each - 1500 notes for the two of us - fuck that for a game of soldiers, I have booked parking at Bristol, flights, car hire, 2 hotels and got a year's hire car excess insurance policy for less than a grand by doing it all separately. If it all goes tits up I will be subject to the look from Mrs D, so I am praying that it don't.
I booked an airbnb the other day and have done it the past and haven't needed to send any of that shit in the past. Sounds dodgy as fuck to mate. I'm off to Palma de Mallorca next week mate, can't fucking wait to sit around doing fuck all, if that's what I'm allowed to do, of course.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I booked an airbnb the other day and have done it the past and haven't needed to send any of that shit in the past. Sounds dodgy as fuck to mate. I'm off to Palma de Mallorca next week mate, can't fucking wait to sit around doing fuck all, if that's what I'm allowed to do, of course.
The AirBnB thing is being rolled out to everyone apparently, so you might get asked in the future. There are zillions of grumpy folks on the net saying they're ditching it. Hopefully they'll trust you and not bother. I hadn't registered before so it would not let me even register without government ID, so of course I told them to fuck off.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
The AirBnB thing is being rolled out to everyone apparently, so you might get asked in the future. There are zillions of grumpy folks on the net saying they're ditching it. Hopefully they'll trust you and not bother. I hadn't registered before so it would not let me even register without government ID, so of course I told them to fuck off.
Yeah they can fuck off if that happens next time. I've got an apartment booked in Budapest for August so wonder if they'll as on things that have been book a while back but are yet used... Hope not.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Yeah they can fuck off if that happens next time. I've got an apartment booked in Budapest for August so wonder if they'll as on things that have been book a while back but are yet used... Hope not.

If your going to Budapest with a better half be prepared for coming back single haha!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Good city, same as Prague and about half the price.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Don't get a window seat with RyanAir.

They charge you £10 for each time you use it to enjoy the view.
I can't stand them, but that's probably because I can't fit my knees into their tiny seats, and there is zero service, but guess that's standard these days. Have they started charging to use the toilet yet?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Good city, same as Prague and about half the price.
Yeah it's cheap as fuck there! Going to Sziget festival for the second time too, we'll see how that works out with kids in tow this time round...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Budapest is nice, so is Prague. We lived in Vienna yonks ago and used to go to all the along the Danube places for weekends away and to eat the massive, humuhgous, ginormous lumps of meat they serve in all the restaurants and drink the beer (Mrs D had salads and small glasses of wine of course, because she isn't a pig like me). The trains were so cheap, I think it was about a tenner return in those days, . Bratislava is nice as well, we did a 3 day cycle trip there, I must have been fit back then. I think Budapest has changed since we went there, nasty young people go there on piss ups these days, tsk, tsk, but I expect you will be going for the culture.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Does anyone remember when you used to go on holiday before tech? You used to pack a razor and toothbrush, buy a book and a newspaper at the airport and go. I have spent all day today updating apps, copying music and movies onto phones and tablets, downloading BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime movies. It looks like fucking Currys when I have to unload all my stuff at security, laptop, eReader, phones, backup disks, charging cables, adaptors, socket board, mini wifi router, cameras, a dinky little battery travel razor and USB beard trimmer - I need that or I look like Worzel Gummidge in about 2 days. This time I'll also be packing a dashboard mount for a tablet/phone for Google maps, the fucking car hire company wanted £12.50 per day for sat nav!

Did I mention the car hire excess policy I got? £39 for a whole a year and £8 back from Quidco in cashback - the car hire company charge £15 a day! It's scary when you see what isn't covered when you hire a car.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I can't stand them, but that's probably because I can't fit my knees into their tiny seats, and there is zero service, but guess that's standard these days. Have they started charging to use the toilet yet?
Not yet, but god forbid the cabin depressurises and those funny masks drop down , cause they’re attached to credit card scanners , and you have to insert a card before air gets pumped in , and at only £10 a minute , ‘tis a bargain .....ok this is probably something Michael O’Leary has thought about yet

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Does anyone remember when you used to go on holiday before tech? You used to pack a razor and toothbrush, buy a book and a newspaper at the airport and go. I have spent all day today updating apps, copying music and movies onto phones and tablets, downloading BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime movies. It looks like fucking Currys when I have to unload all my stuff at security, laptop, eReader, phones, backup disks, charging cables, adaptors, socket board, mini wifi router, cameras, a dinky little battery travel razor and USB beard trimmer - I need that or I look like Worzel Gummidge in about 2 days. This time I'll also be packing a dashboard mount for a tablet/phone for Google maps, the fucking car hire company wanted £12.50 per day for sat nav!

Did I mention the car hire excess policy I got? £39 for a whole a year and £8 back from Quidco in cashback - the car hire company charge £15 a day! It's scary when you see what isn't covered when you hire a car.
Hiring a car is a potential nightmare, use your IPad to video every part of the vehicle and tell the people who hand it over, it’s so you can’t charge me for stupid damage already there.
The biggest scam , is they fill up the car, and charge you for a Full tank , so if you’re only there for a few days , or only drive 200 miles, you return it half empty, they then fill up the £30 you ve used and sell a full tank again for 70......... I had this in Cyprus , only hired it for two days , on the second went up the Troodos Mountsins, did the last 40 miles on fumes as there were No petrol stations . When I did find one, the minimum they allowed was £10.........the following morning I got up early and drove aimlessly around for an hour and chugged the final 200 yards to the drop off point, leaving it beyond empty
and if you collect from the airport, there are stories of due to plane delays, of as little as 2hrs , the car gets cancelled, without any refunds, especially bad if it’s a late arrival flight

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Hiring a car is a potential nightmare, use your IPad to video every part of the vehicle and tell the people who had it over, it’s so you can’t charge me for stupid damage already there.
The biggest scam , is they fill up the car, and charge you for a Full tank , so if you’re only there for a few days , or onkymdrive 200 miles, you return it half empty, they then fill up the £30 you ve used and sell a full tank again for 70......... and if you collect from the airport, there are stories of due to plane delays, of as little as 2hrs , the car gets cancelled, without any refunds
We always use Enterprise, they're a pucker company, usually the cheapest of the 'Big ones' like Herz, Sixt, Avis etc. (apart from Pedros Autos and all the little local companies - I wouldn't for near companies like Goldcar),never had a problem with Enterprise. The excess insurance thing is brilliant, we hire cars a lot and for £39 you are covered for a whole year. We try and go for a full to full hire, then you just fill up on the way back to the airport when you drop it off.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Aaargghh! I checked my flight booking and I had fucked it up big time, instead of booking one checked in bag each way I had booked 2 bags one way! What a cunt. I got on to the online chat doobry with RyanAir and d they sorted it in two minutes, no charge.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Aaargghh! I checked my flight booking and I had fucked it up big time, instead of booking one checked in bag each way I had booked 2 bags one way! What a cunt. I got on to the online chat doobry with RyanAir and d they sorted it in two minutes, no charge.
Lucky fuck...

That'd have been a mare, an expensive mare at the airport.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Been on like 10+ Ryanair flights. They aren’t that bad, not much leg room but no different to EasyJet to be honest. Don’t be surprised if it’s late leaving the airport though - honestly can’t think of a time it has left at it’s scheduled time haha.

Used AirBnB several times and haven’t had to do any of that shit! Stayed in an AirBnB in Prague last weekend and yeah no passports, pics, etc required.

Enjoy Budapest @Liam, I loved it there! Better than Prague imo.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Been on like 10+ Ryanair flights. They aren’t that bad, not much leg room but no different to EasyJet to be honest. Don’t be surprised if it’s late leaving the airport though - honestly can’t think of a time it has left at it’s scheduled time haha.

Used AirBnB several times and haven’t had to do any of that shit! Stayed in an AirBnB in Prague last weekend and yeah no passports, pics, etc required.

Enjoy Budapest @Liam, I loved it there! Better than Prague imo.
The AirBnB thing seems to be a new requirement, all new users need it and as far as I can make out on the Internet, they are rolling it out to all existing users. there are many grumpy geezers in the US especially, I had never used them before so ... I never will, shame.

I hope they don't get you guys, AirBnB is such a great idea. Maybe they'll realise that nobody is signing up as a new user now and scrap this very silly security requirement?

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
The AirBnB thing seems to be a new requirement, all new users need it and as far as I can make out on the Internet, they are rolling it out to all existing users. there are many grumpy geezers in the US especially, I had never used them before so ... I never will, shame.

I hope they don't get you guys, AirBnB is such a great idea. Maybe they'll realise that nobody is signing up as a new user now and scrap this very silly security requirement?
Yeah, definitely a step too far! It’s saved me so much money over the last few years and so long as you’re respectful that it’s someone else’s place it’s brilliant.

As you say, hopefully they scrap it!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Quite simply if they don't fix it... someone will, and steal their hugely successful business model...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Phew! I will be allowed to live! The flight was fine, the hotel in Valencia last night was really good, the car I hired for Mrs D ( there is no way she'll let me drive) meets her approval, the drive down to Denia went OK, the Google maps app got us right to our hotel and it's really nice, old fashioned, cool, big rooms, free wifi, safe, parking ... and breathe out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Phew! I will be allowed to live! The flight was fine, the hotel in Valencia last night was really good, the car I hired for Mrs D ( there is no way she'll let me drive) meets her approval, the drive down to Denia went OK, the Google maps app got us right to our hotel and it's really nice, old fashioned, cool, big rooms, free wifi, safe, parking ... and breathe out.
Valencia is a great City, you might be a bit unimpressed with the number of Brits in the Denia, Javea and Moraira area though..... if you're trying to escape them.