By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Saints Wednesday 9th February PL (H) 19.45

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So post January shenanighans, the departure of the Gang of 4 and Steve N'Hitchen, we face Southampton after a good win against Brighton. Feels to me like a bit of a step change, the feelgood factor and excitement and passion is starting to come back. don tony is infectious isn't he? According to social media he's also told Levy a few home truths - brilliant if it's true, might be bullshit ITK though, either way he's also said that he's got a committed squad, fighting for the shirt and wants to make others fear 'coming to our home'.

Let's see if any of that translates into another great performance on Wednesday night. I liked the look of those two new boys didn't you? especially Bentancur - Hojbjerg might find himself having a rest on Wednesday, hope that Skippy is back too.

I think we win this 3-1 again don't you? hopefully Kyle Walker Peters doesn't score - he's on fire, should never have sold him!! COYS

LEVY OUT!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
KWP scores when he wants. It's Ward-Prowse we have to hold in check. No cheap fouls around the box. No bad clearances. If we don't create opportunities for him we'll win. Realistically 3 points is a must for this match. Draw would be a huge blow. Have a hunch were going to regularly win the games we're supposed to going forward. At least 2 for Kane in this one.

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Need a fecking win here and this lot are a high pressing team with a lot of intensity so everybody will need to put a shift in.

Lloris
Doherty Romero Dier Davies Reguilon
Skipp Bentacur
Dejan Kul Kane Son

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If they employ their high press we will hit them on the counter to devastating effect....

If they change up their game and sit back more they might not be as potent but that might also not give us as much space...

Interesting to see how they line up...

Alternatively we could do as we did against Brighton and inpose our game on them... and fuck them up...!!!

Agreed with Hoijberg maybe not finding a start as forthcoming... and he probably needs a rest anyway... if Bentancur is the Box to box player we need then Skipp, Hoijberg and the new lad won't all be starting all the time. Hope it doesn't affect Skipps development though as I rate the kid.

COYS.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Think I'd like
Lloris
Royal, Romero, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon
Bentancur Skipp
Lucas, Son
Kane

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I'm hearing both Skipp and Dier are unavailable, so we're likely to see the same 3-4-3 that started against Brighton. But I'd be happy with Betancur on for Hojbjerg.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm hearing both Skipp and Dier are unavailable, so we're likely to see the same 3-4-3 that started against Brighton. But I'd be happy with Betancur on for Hojbjerg.
Or Hojbjerg and Bentancur and bench Winks, and Kulu instead of Moura?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Have to go with Son, Kane and Moura up top. Kulusevski can come on in the 2nd half, but I'm not ready to bench Moura for him just yet. I am ready to sit Hojbjerg. Happy to play Bentancur next to Winks and see how it goes. Saints aren't exactly an attacking threat, so we shouldn't get overrun. Win is an absolute must.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Have to go with Son, Kane and Moura up top. Kulusevski can come on in the 2nd half, but I'm not ready to bench Moura for him just yet. I am ready to sit Hojbjerg. Happy to play Bentancur next to Winks and see how it goes. Saints aren't exactly an attacking threat, so we shouldn't get overrun. Win is an absolute must.
Need to keep an eye on Broja

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Under the cosh a bit this half…..

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
This is a fucking shambles. We could easily be 4-1 down.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a pile of shite. I'm getting really bored with watching us let Southampton have a passing and shooting practice session. Conte needs to have s fucking word at half time.

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
The gap between defence and midfield at times is gigantic what the fuck is going on?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We are getting our asses handed to us. They should be wrecking us. At least two changes needed, one of those being attitude. WTF?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Our midfield is non existent...

We are under the cosh because no cunt can hold the ball for more than half a second.

Very very lucky to be going in honours shared at half time.

Sanchez is not a footballer... Hoijberg is dead on his feet...
They all look leggy as fuck...

Hairdryers fucking launched please, system change please to retain the ball and transition from defending like fuck to an actual attack at the oposotions goal please.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Put Harry Kane in their team and they are 5-1 up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You can tell how shit our midfield is because Kane is dropping deeper and fucking deeper...

He wants to get on the ball and affect play... when you're starved of the ball or any real service you go looking...

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Harry missed a sitter there. Makes up for their misses.

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Bentacur showing his class and they better not be disallowed he was backing in again!!

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Hope Sanchez doesn’t get fucking sent off

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
That was a much harder finish than it looked. Wow.