By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

So Yiddo has been added to the dictionary

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So no other team has their nickname added to the OED dictionary

• Love
Reactions: Yid
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

The club, however, has distanced itself from the term and does not support use of the term owing to its historically racist connotation.
"As a club we have never accommodated the use of the 'Y-word' on any club channels or in club stores and have always been clear that our fans (both Jewish and Gentile) have never used the term with any intent to cause offense," said a Spurs statement.
"We find the Oxford English Dictionary's definition of the word misleading given it fails to distinguish context and welcome their clarification."
The Oxford University Press, which publishes the OED, issued a statement in response, saying: "As a historical dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) records the usage and development of words in the English language.
"We reflect, rather than dictate, how language is used which means we include words which may be considered sensitive and derogatory. These are always labeled as such.
"The entry for YIDDO n. is labeled as offensive and derogatory and our reference to Tottenham Hotspur is a reflection of the evidence for the word.
"As we state at the closely related word YID n., Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is traditionally associated with the Jewish community in north and east London, and the term is sometimes used as a self-designation by some Tottenham fans.
"We will ensure the context for this connection is very clear in both definitions."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Probably isnt easy to understand the history in america?seems a bit of a joke why we do it?So.....

I am so bored recanting stories about as a kid hearing the yiddo,gas,jewishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chants which evolved into holocaust humour from other teams,long before spurs fans simply chanted yiddos yiddos (80s) when the team ran out the tunnel,drowning out the away fans of arsenal,west ham,chelsea who were the 3 worst offenders I heard, who used to chant that yiddos thing in a not so friendly way!.Well it stopped that particular abuse.The yid army thing was well in the 90s until it started,that is 20 years after I first heard fans giving spurs anti-semitic abuse,all those years,every year,and up until this day thats nearly 50 years I have heard this shit directed at us,or been as an individual been abused in person let alone the online shit trolls have aimed long before twitter etc.,
Surely the fucking outrage is the othersides fans who sing "spurs are on their way to auschwitz,hitlers gonna gas em again",,or "i`ve got a foreskin havent you fucking jew","adolf hitler he`s coming for you",Other sides players doing the "roman salute " to spurs fans mark bosnich you cunt!!And now we have two "comedians" who have never been PC in their acts bleeting about spurs fans and the Y word

This pair of clowns pockets.......what a suprise,one is a celebrity chelsea fan the other arsenal.

BTW neither are black.

EQE3483X0AYg3eM

1581618725638.jpeg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Probably isnt easy to understand the history in america?seems a bit of a joke why we do it?So.....

I am so bored recanting stories about as a kid hearing the yiddo,gas,jewishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chants which evolved into holocaust humour from other teams,long before spurs fans simply chanted yiddos yiddos (80s) when the team ran out the tunnel,drowning out the away fans of arsenal,west ham,chelsea who were the 3 worst offenders I heard, who used to chant that yiddos thing in a not so friendly way!.Well it stopped that particular abuse.The yid army thing was well in the 90s until it started,that is 20 years after I first heard fans giving spurs anti-semitic abuse,all those years,every year,and up until this day thats nearly 50 years I have heard this shit directed at us,or been as an individual been abused in person let alone the online shit trolls have aimed long before twitter etc.,
Surely the fucking outrage is the othersides fans who sing "spurs are on their way to auschwitz,hitlers gonna gas em again",,or "i`ve got a foreskin havent you fucking jew","adolf hitler he`s coming for you",Other sides players doing the "roman salute " to spurs fans mark bosnich you cunt!!And now we have two "comedians" who have never been PC in their acts bleeting about spurs fans and the Y word

This pair of clowns pockets.......what a suprise,one is a celebrity chelsea fan the other arsenal.

BTW neither are black.

EQE3483X0AYg3eM

View attachment 1123
Neither are ‘comedians’ in the true sense of the word. They simply seek self publicity from a very low talent base. Don’t waste your energy on the hypocritical cunts.