By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Southampton - A (PL) 16:00 Sun 21st January 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-01-21-Southampton-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Exciting times coming up! Luvverly jubberly.

We are coming into a season defining period, eeeek! The 4 weeks wot is coming up could make or break us, United and Arsenal are coming to Wembley in the Premier League, we're travelling to two foreign countries, taking on Newport in the FA Cup wherever the fuck that is and Juventus in the Champions League. So, Sunday's game is massively important, let's keep in touch with the top 4 - well 3 of them at least,. We can earn our 3 points with a hat-trick from Harry or Sonny, then maybe one of the others will slip up, everyone and his uncle's dog is playing away this weekend so anything can happen.

Southampton have not won a Premier League game since November last year and I think their main goal scorer Austin is injured, but they will be grumpy about the 5-2 thumping we gave them just last month, blimey, seems like ages ago innit? 3 points please, 1-0 will do.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This is another nice game for us....a bit like Everton. Southampton are nice, they find, coach and then provide players and managers for other clubs, who then come and beat them 4-0 when they return. I think that's very kind and generous of them. Our boys will be back from sunny Barcelona, nicely rested and motivated for the final third or half or even two fifths of the season. I think their only goal scorer Austin might in fact be back for this, but doesn't matter he wn't see much of the ball and their only defender has just gone to Liverpool. Play properly, switched on and we win this comfortably, if we're still on hols then it will be more difficult. 3-1 Spurs, one each for Harry, Dele and Son. Oh and if we get a penalty, I hope the groundsman has fixed that dodgy turf..........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hugo Lloris is ill and is a doubt. Alderweireld is close to rejoining first-team training, while Harry Winks and Danny Rose are still out of action.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Hugo Lloris is ill and is a doubt. Alderweireld is close to rejoining first-team training, while Harry Winks and Danny Rose are still out of action.

We need to just call Harry Winks, Winks. Reading through that injury update and reading Harry I near passed out.

C

CyprusSpurs

Player in Training.
A win here, we all love a Kane hatrick it will go well towards hes 3rd Golden boot,MP gets to see his old ground and give them another thrashing!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Couple of quick queries? Why not Lamela for Eriksen? And why not Wanyama (against his former club) rather than Sissoko?

I don't always understand the magic one, although 100% trust him

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Couple of quick queries? Why not Lamela for Eriksen? And why not Wanyama (against his former club) rather than Sissoko?

I don't always understand the magic one, although 100% trust him
Poch was being a little elusive in his comments, but seems like there are a lot of the squad, including some starters, that aren't quite 100% from the illness. Pellegrino suggested Southampton had a few ill this week as well. As you say, I'd have rather seen Erik starting as well.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Another weekend, another set of results from those around us that outs a bit of pressure on. Maybe Im being a bit blinkered but it seems to happen quite a lot over the last 2 seasons where we are playing after our rivals needing to win to stay in touch. To be fair tho, we more often than not come thru with the right result. I fancy us very strongly in this one, 0-2 would do just nicely please lads.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Maybe the curse of the knee-jerk message board poster will kick in and he'll prove me an idiot, but I really can't see anything that Sissoko does well.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Maybe the curse of the knee-jerk message board poster will kick in and he'll prove me an idiot, but I really can't see anything that Sissoko does well.

Missed another sitter.... Cant stand him which annoys me. Been a while since I haven't loved every player.

What an unfortunate own goal. Couldn't do that again in 1000 goes. We look dominant though and getting right in their box.

Harry kanes determination to get on the end of that corner. What a lad. Keep it up boys and the win is there!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Getting a bit frustrated with Dele today, he seems to be trying to do it all himself when playing others in would be a much better option. Aurier needs to work on his first time crossing as well, other than that I think we've got this in the bag, just need to get the ball over the line!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
On another note. I love Hugo but how nice is this safe distribution from vorm. Hasn't went out for a throw in yet lol.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Annoying. Dirty cheating cunts got on my tits. All that falling over and trying to get out players booked by the wanker with the whistle. Oh well, at least we still have the gap.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Well that really sucks!

Tough conditions and we got very little luck with the bounce of the ball. We missed Eriksen massively, Alli played like he did a month ago, kept running down dead ends and nothing really came off for him. Sissoko has no right to be anywhere near this team and Lamela at times, looked like a competition winner that had never touched a football before.

Very disappointing result, puts enormous pressure on our next 3 games, which’ll go along way to determining whether we’ll make top 4.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
That was a tough one. Baffled by playing Sissoko the whole match. Son was awful but his awful was still way better than Sissoko. Sure Sissoko runs, but his running usually ends up with him getting the ball, which is a plus for the other team. Dele needs a TO. Can he not pass? Dier can't pass, but at least he tries to pass. Dele surely looked selfish today. And Sanchez was not great. While the own goal was a bit unlucky, it came from lack of effort. He was jogging back and realized at the last second the cross was coming in so he had to burst towards it. Had he been in position he could have simply cut it out. Tough run coming up. Need to pull together. COYS!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Very disappointing result, puts enormous pressure on our next 3 games, which’ll go along way to determining whether we’ll make top 4.
Yeah, that's the thing, this result is not that big a shocker, as everyone bar City will drop points from time to time in games like this. Ultimately if we want top four we're going to have to beat the teams ahead of us.

D

Dustin

Player in Training.
Sissoko had his best game in a while, but that still wasn't good enough to be on the pitch. Aurier is not far behind him. I wonder if Lamela was also a bit under the weather, otherwise I can't see why he wouldn't start with Eriksen out. We immediately looked better with him on the field, though he came on much later than was obviously needed.

Lack of Eriksen was only one part of the problem however, our press never looked up to it. We needed to play more compact at times, but didn't as Alli, Kane and Son were all pushed high up the pitch. This allowed Saints to get more confident as the game went on. Dembele often looked all alone on the press, and even when we did turn into transition the link play was disjointed and clumsy. Lamela would have helped with that, but a more compact line would have helped a lot as well.

Finally, yes it was a very poor day for the officials, but the way our squad focused on the official instead of the game only took us even more out of our game plan.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Poor performance from too many players today in poor conditions, against a very average team. Made far too many basic mistakes and to be honest we could have lost if they had taken their chances. Need to put it behind us and move on. Beat United and Liverpool and it's all happy in the camp. Frustrating this football lark.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That's not good enough after our beano away... that is points dropped... some of these players are not good enough for the level we are at now and unless we address it now or in the summer the ones who are good enough will get sick and tired of performances like that and fuck off to win silverware. Soz this is all a bit negative numpty just pissed off that we have again failed to put a decent shift in when its fucking needed.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Poor performance from too many players today in poor conditions, against a very average team. Made far too many basic mistakes and to be honest we could have lost if they had taken their chances. Need to put it behind us and move on. Beat United and Liverpool and it's all happy in the camp. Frustrating this football lark.

I couldnt agree more! Bored of the whole its sissokos fault or pochs fault! Alli, son, sanchez and dembele were way below par for me

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Did you notice the weather? Not easy to play beautiful football in that sort of yuck???