By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Southampton H [PL] 14:15 Sun 19th March 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-03-19-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Southampton_zpsieexno3k.png

It's another one of those nice weekends when one or two of our rivals must drop points. Manchester City vs Liverpool is a nailed on draw (or a home win or an away win). So we will pull further ahed of at least one of them when we beat Southampton, because we always win at the Lane don't we?

Southampton have not been doing too well this season, but their confidence will have improved following their two recent away wins against Sunderland and Watford. Our confidence levels will of course be massive following our 9 successive home wins in the Premiership and we are still the only team that has not been beaten at home this season. 4-1 Spurs just like the away game earlier this season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think this lot were the last team to beat us at home, in the final home game of last season. Unfortunately I witnessed it. That was then and this is now. I think their best player is still injured - Van Dijk but then so is Harry and Danny. Someone will take care of Gabbiadini who looks like another Southampton 'find' and Nathan Redmond, probably Toby and Vertonghen respectively and we will win, because we still have Eriksen, Dele, Son, Wanyama and Walker to terrorise them, whilst Mousa takes care of the rest of their team. So simple this football malarky isn't it....oh and they've lost Koeman as well now, careless of them.

I think 3-1 will be close to the mark. I don't see them bringing a bus to park. Good luck lads, time for a Dele hatrick and no more injuries this season please. Thanks.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Should be a good game and most likely a spurs win but not having our Harry makes a bit more difficult. The big question is Son or Vinny up top. Son scored a hat trick last week I'd be inclined to go with him but if Vinny was ever going to have confidence it would be now. Vinny up top with Son, Alli, Eriksen behind would be dangerous.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Should be a good game and most likely a spurs win but not having our Harry makes a bit more difficult. The big question is Son or Vinny up top. Son scored a hat trick last week I'd be inclined to go with him but if Vinny was ever going to have confidence it would be now. Vinny up top with Son, Alli, Eriksen behind would be dangerous.
I don't think Poch will change formation - which is probably the only way Son, Dele and Eriksen can play behind Janssen. I think he will keep the same formation, play Son instead of Kane and Janssen first change for a striker. Still good enough to win, Son came on against Saints away and scored, Dele got 2.....we'll be fine if everyone is on their game. Need to keep an eye on Gabbiadini who wasn't with them last December and Redmond got sent off. They don't have any other threats?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I don't think Poch will change formation - which is probably the only way Son, Dele and Eriksen can play behind Janssen. I think he will keep the same formation, play Son instead of Kane and Janssen first change for a striker. Still good enough to win, Son came on against Saints away and scored, Dele got 2.....we'll be fine if everyone is on their game. Need to keep an eye on Gabbiadini who wasn't with them last December and Redmond got sent off. They don't have any other threats?
Redmond and gabiadini are the ones that worry from their team. Let's just keep them out and get the win!

B

Bbkyid

Founding Member

There's no way I wouldn't start Son here, but I agree that it might be good to allow Vinny the chance to kick on and hopefully have some confidence. So I wouldn't mind seeing them both start, but I think Poch won't change the system and Son will start instead of Kane. Either way is fine for me.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
There's no way I wouldn't start Son here, but I agree that it might be good to allow Vinny the chance to kick on and hopefully have some confidence. So I wouldn't mind seeing them both start, but I think Poch won't change the system and Son will start instead of Kane. Either way is fine for me.
Yeah I'm torn with how to go. Danny Rose not being ready yet also comes into my mind as playing three at the back with wing back and two behind the striker would mean Davies having to do a lot of leg work. I think he'll go with Son up top and give Jansen time later on but if they have van dijk out and fonte has left then it could be a good time to revert back to the 4231 system we used to play just so players are in their natural positions, Jansen up top, Davies left back, son on the wing, Alli in the middle behind Vinny, and Eriksen on the other wing. But I do think he'll stick with the formation he's been using with 3 cb's with Eriksen and Alli behind a striker which will be Son. To put it straight, I don't know what to fucking do...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
team news: Kyle Walker (ankle) & Victor Wanyama (neck) need to be assessed over "minor problems". Kane, Lamela, Rose are out of action

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just go and win the fucking game, how hard can it be.....ha ha! I'm pissed, we've got a few injuries but we've got the squad, the manager. The ability and we're at home, 3-0 maybe 3-1 good luck lads, closest I'm gonna get is second half in a hotel bar....

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
My dad has two spares for tomorrow face value I'd rather someone on here got them

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Think this is our toughest game in our mini run in without Kane (famous last words and all that). This will be a very tough game, Southampton are once again doing alright this season. I can easily see this going as a draw 1-1, but hoping the front lads keep the form from last week going and do whats needed. Unfortunately Southampton are no Millwall. Sneaky 2-1 please.

Those going have a brilliant time at the Lane!

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
My heart tells me I want Vinny to start my head tells me Sonny is a shoo in. A win here would be great and I still think that we could be out of sight in 2nd by mid April. Oh shit, I've done it again.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
My dad has two spares for tomorrow face value I'd rather someone on here got them

If they're still available , yes please , for someone from Switzerland
How would I get them ......text me 07976 288002 .....just call me Stan Flashman ! No seriously
How and where are they located, and will he,want copious amount s of beer in payment

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
If they're still available , yes please , for someone from Switzerland
How would I get them ......text me 07976 288002 .....just call me Stan Flashman ! No seriously
How and where are they located, and will he,want copious amount s of beer in payment
There's only one left 65 quid but I think he only wants 50 for it ,it's in the west stand but won't know where till he collects them tomorrow ,meet him at the main entrance to the west stand sort him out then mate he's an ex alco so buy him any drink whatever you do

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
There's still one spare going meeting my old man there face value spread the word people

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
VERY windy in Tottenham today. Should make long balls and corners interestingo_O

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lloris (C),Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Son
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Onomah, Sissoko, Winks, Janssen

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
As Basil Brush would say....
C7ShBEzX0AANkH5.jpg

Boom boom !!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Good first half display. Southampton pressed us very well for the first ten minutes and we struggled to get control of the game for ten minutes minutes then Eriksen goal changed everything. Looked comfortable since.

Although they could have had a penalty.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good first half display. Southampton pressed us very well for the first ten minutes and we struggled to get control of the game for ten minutes minutes then Eriksen goal changed everything. Looked comfortable since.

Although they could have had a penalty.
Thought if they got Redmond vs Dier after the booking could have been trouble,but he is too busy deeper to get one on one with him.The interchange upfront is glorious and bodes well for Kanes absence.And that pass for Son from Eriksen was a beauty.
COYS

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
To the tune of 'Give me hope Johanna'

Please Shoot Dembele
Shoot Dembele
Shoot Dembele, when the chances come

Infinite repeat until he shoots.......