By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Spammers (A) Haribo cup 31st Oct 2018 19.45 GMT not your BST

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oi oi yids,dust off the binoculars cos we are off to the spammers council house again.

Seems like only last week we were there beating them,this comes only 48hrs after we play city in the league,lets see what we have in the tank,KWP,Skipp??Foyth,aurier,sissoko,son,llorente,wanyama,eriksen or lamela who knows?i suspect not even Poch yet.
Big game for them and us,champions league is gone,we need a trophy and this is a chance.Kane almost always scores against them dare Poch risk him?Will Dele be on the bench monday and start here??What a difference having Rose&Jan could have made this week..Question is who will they rest as well?

Lets win this for Hod !!who`s that other guy chasing Hoddle`s shadow?

32936A2E00000578-0-image-a-8_1459022346706.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oi oi yids,dust off the binoculars cos we are off to the spammers council house again.

Seems like only last week we were there beating them,this comes only 48hrs after we play city in the league,lets see what we have in the tank,KWP,Skipp??Foyth,aurier,sissoko,son,llorente,wanyama,eriksen or lamela who knows?i suspect not even Poch yet.
Big game for them and us,champions league is gone,we need a trophy and this is a chance.Kane almost always scores against them dare Poch risk him?Will Dele be on the bench monday and start here??What a difference having Rose&Jan could have made this week..Question is who will they rest as well?

Lets win this for Hod !!who`s that other guy chasing Hoddle`s shadow?

32936A2E00000578-0-image-a-8_1459022346706.jpg
The other bloke in the picture is either Emille Heskey or Johan Cruyff, I always get them two muddled up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hate it in a quiz when someone shouts out the answer!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We need to smash these cunts to pieces...

It's all we realistically have left in terms of shiny stuff.

We need performances from a few.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If Kane plays I will lose my rag.
Why? I will lose my rag if we don't field the best team we have available. Is the League Cup not good enough? We ain't going to win fuck all else this year.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This is a must win game for so many reasons, here are just 6.

1 They have knocked us out of the league Cup in the previous two meetings in this competition, they can not be allowed to get a hat-trick.

2 They are cunts.

3 We need a trophy and even someone as optimistic as me doesn't rate our Champions league chances very highly.

4 They are cunts.

5 Just in case anyone has forgotten or thinks the league Cup is just a tinpot trophy, this is what winning feels like:

spursLeagueCup.jpg

6 They are cunts.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Why? I will lose my rag if we don't field the best team we have available. Is the League Cup not good enough? We ain't going to win fuck all else this year.
Because even Stevie Wonder can see that the guy needs a rest.

You don’t destroy your most valuable asset.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Because even Stevie Wonder can see that the guy needs a rest.

You don’t destroy your most valuable asset.
He's a professional athlete, and I disagree, he looks OK, playing a different role maybe, but ifs he's a fit healthy kid.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
He's a professional athlete, and I disagree, he looks OK, playing a different role maybe, but ifs he's a fit healthy kid.

Yes, he's a professional athlete, not a bloody machine. There would be very few footballers on the planet who have played as much football as Kane has over the past two years.

Any coach/trainer will tell you that rest is the single most important part of an athlete's preparation and the single best way to avoid injury. When was the last time Kane had a rest (and I am not talking about the week he got off between the WC and the EPL season starting, I am talking about a break of at least 3 or 4 weeks so he can recover and rejuvenate)? He might be healthy, but if you think he looks fit then that surprises me.

I don't care what your vocation is, whether you are an athlete of an office worker....if you do not take regular breaks then you will eventually burn out. I think UEFA and FIFA have a lot to answer for in this regard. Pretty much every professional sport in the world has an "off season." Football in Europe has a shorter off season than most and this year they jammed the World Cup right in the middle of it. Of course, England and Belgium had to go on deep runs in the tournament which abbreviated the time off for a fair chunk of our squad. It is absolutely no coincidence that we have had a string of injuries to start our season.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I trust the coaching staff to put out the best team that they can but I can't see how it will be a full strength team considering the injury and fitness concerns of some of our players.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Yes, he's a professional athlete, not a bloody machine. There would be very few footballers on the planet who have played as much football as Kane has over the past two years.

Any coach/trainer will tell you that rest is the single most important part of an athlete's preparation and the single best way to avoid injury. When was the last time Kane had a rest (and I am not talking about the week he got off between the WC and the EPL season starting, I am talking about a break of at least 3 or 4 weeks so he can recover and rejuvenate)? He might be healthy, but if you think he looks fit then that surprises me.

I don't care what your vocation is, whether you are an athlete of an office worker....if you do not take regular breaks then you will eventually burn out. I think UEFA and FIFA have a lot to answer for in this regard. Pretty much every professional sport in the world has an "off season." Football in Europe has a shorter off season than most and this year they jammed the World Cup right in the middle of it. Of course, England and Belgium had to go on deep runs in the tournament which abbreviated the time off for a fair chunk of our squad. It is absolutely no coincidence that we have had a string of injuries to start our season.

The Premier League also should have delayed their season like some of the other leagues did.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It’s that time of year again ,when people are dressing up in silly outfits trying to scare people ......it MUST BE WEST HAM AWAY!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TEAM NEWS:
1f464.png

@ericdier (thigh) - unavailable due to thigh strain injury sustained on Monday.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We'll win this comfortably 3-1. Good luck lads.
Agreed, under Poch we've always done well around the festive period, which is the only time comparable to how thick and fast the games are coming right now. I think we'll batter these pricks.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dq23vDAWwAEDwhX.jpg

That's good enough to win.
what i am glad to see is that if players are rested then they are so,and not sitting on the bench,travelling.If we are brave enough to rest kane,toby,dembele,both fit FBs then I am ok in this game at this time.
That is indeed strong enough,lets hope we are right!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Not only is that a good enough team to win, there are a number of players out there who need some game time, you'd have to think. Hope Skipp gets on.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I am not able to watch the game. How are we playing so far?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
My goodness this game goes from one extreme to another...

Unbelievable tackles, phenomenal passes and needlessly giving the ball away time and time again...

Oh and they've blagged a goal now....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Foyth will be some player.... needs a bit of time tho imo.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Serge..... is trying to get sent off again....