By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Spammers away, Wed 31 Aug

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hope we smash the fuckers. Bissouma gets his first start, so there's that.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
VAR, half a fucking hour to. tell the ref their guide dog didn't see the handball.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
VAR, half a fucking hour to. tell the ref their guide dog didn't see the handball.
Feel like that delay sort of sapped our momentum as well. We were looking pretty sharp the first 10 minutes or so

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
In fairness, Bissouma's game isn't to entertain either... Jesus I miss Mousa.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Not a great start to Bissouma’s Spurs career

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
A slight improvement, but I am getting increasingly fucked off with all this fucking around in our own penalty area and half. 15-20 square or back passes then we lose the ball back to the opposition. OK, it might be effective, we're 2 points off the top of the table at the moment, but it is getting right on my thrupnies. I'm going to give Bissouma a pass, he's probably nervous and wants to make a good impression, but he hasn't been very impressive so far, I'm sure he'll get better. I'd probably like to see Richarlison come on early in the second half to add some pace - but what do I know about football? Fuck all.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Counts. Fucking about, passing back to Lloris again, and they score. I am so fucked off with this.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We don't stretch the play enough.. we don't have anyone running g beyond their back line to create space in the centre of the park...

This is a fucking boring game. West ham are sooo shit, we cnst drop points to these shit cunts.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We are a mess, now their new signing will score the winner…football is scripted 😃

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Stop it, just fucking stop it. Passing back to two left feet Lloris nearly cost us again.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
...and again. I am going to have a fucking tantrum soon. What is the fucking point of this bollocks?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I haven't been this fucking bored and annoyed since the AVB era. Take off Dier and then there won't be anyone to keep passing back to every time we get over the half way line.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't think I can be fucked with a whole season of this shit. Maybe I'll have a year off and come back when Conte has gone. If this is his kind of football then I am not interested.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
So, we have not lost away at Chelsea and West Ham. That Is a minor positive, but we have been awful in the last 3 games

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
It's all very underwhelming. Yep 3 wins and 2 draws sounds great. But apart from the opening day win over Southampton I think we've been very average tbh.
If the chavs had a decent striker they would've been out of sight at half time. The win v Wolves we had 4 shots on target. Forest had us pinned back for long periods but again, just didn't have a finisher. and as for tonight, again, not good, no flow, unnecessary tippy tappy in our own box and alot of predicable bollocks.
I'm not blown away by Conte yet tbh. Alot has been camouflaged by the actual results imo...We've got away with alot so far, we just look a bit meh and that's worrying.
Richarlison has to start for Son v Fulham. Son's a shadow of himself at the mo and needs some bench time to get himself together.
Time to go up the gears Antonio.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Unwatchable and Lloris should be strung up for that performance. He’s a wonderful shot stopper but the rest of his game is garbage. Should be catching more balls than he does and his play with the ball at his feet is diabolical.

And I am getting fucking sick of us conceding the centre of the park every match. Continually playing two DM’s, neither of whom can find a progressive pass is getting on my tits. It’s just so predictable.

Plus Son needs a break. Richarlison has to be given a run of starts now.

What is Conte’s plan B?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Wasn’t home so missed the game but the comedy defending highlights on MOTD just made me laugh and swear at the same time.

How we’re undefeated after playing so poorly in the last few games is beyond me.

Sonny seriously needs to be “rested” in favour of Richarlison as well.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's all very underwhelming. Yep 3 wins and 2 draws sounds great. But apart from the opening day win over Southampton I think we've been very average tbh.
If the chavs had a decent striker they would've been out of sight at half time. The win v Wolves we had 4 shots on target. Forest had us pinned back for long periods but again, just didn't have a finisher. and as for tonight, again, not good, no flow, unnecessary tippy tappy in our own box and alot of predicable bollocks.
I'm not blown away by Conte yet tbh. Alot has been camouflaged by the actual results imo...We've got away with alot so far, we just look a bit meh and that's worrying.
Richarlison has to start for Son v Fulham. Son's a shadow of himself at the mo and needs some bench time to get himself together.
Time to go up the gears Antonio.
I have to disagree with one point you made - you said we have been very average, I don't think we've been that good! We got lucky in 4 of the 5 games, we could very easily be looking at 1 win and 4 losses, a different kettle of haddock. The tippy-tappy stuff is what is driving me closer to the edge. I know fuck all about football tactics but I could manage any team playing against us by saying press hard when Spurs have the ball in their box, send in a few blokes to harass the defenders and especially Hugo. Like @The Cryptkeeper said, he's a great shot-stopper and makes some great saves but his kicking is fucking pony, and his football brain is too fucking slow. If we had someone who could distribute the ball quickly and accurately when attacking opportunities were there, I think that would be better than having a shot-stopper. Richardson did up the pace a bit last night so yeah, he has to start. Bissouma might settle down, I hope so cos he was pants. Hojberg, Sonny, Emerson, Sanchez and Dier were all way below average last night. The boring, slow, predictable, lazy, square and back passing bollocks is not only shite to watch, it will lead to disaster in future games when we play decent opposition. A point against West Ham is unacceptable and Conte moaning about the penalty does not help, we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front so the shite refereeing and denial of an obvious penalty would have made no difference.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
fuck west ham. playing like ass and drawing isnt the key to my heart, either

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Been thinking about it and I think I can see what we're trying to do.

Draw the opponents towards our goal, creating space further up the pitch, creating one-on-ones and turn them round so we can use what has apparently become our only weapon and counter attack at pace.

I mean, it's not very fucking subtle and hardly takes mega-fucking-mind to work out how to nullify it...!!!

Add to that we don't have the players comfortable on the ball in order to perform it. Davidson Sanchez is not a fucking footballer...! He is an athlete, he can run like fuck, forever and jump like a fucking Gazelle... put a football infront of the kid and he turns into a spaghetti legged moron. Seriously, whoever sanctioned the £40+ million on him needs investigating.

Romero is a different ball game. That bloke is calm and can do what Tony wants done. He settles Dier and Lloris too. They're probably shit scared of the lunatic.

What is apparent is that we don't intend on doing anything else.

This is it. This is plan A.

Look at who we've been linked with all summer and who we've brought in... CB's, DM's and pacey french speaking wingers ;). I'm not that clued up on players but I haven't seen us go for that playmaker in the middle to pick the locks. That's not what we are aiming to do... its obvious.

Draw the opponents on and then counter after a long lump up to Kane or into the channel.

Sunday fucking league shite.

Boring and predictable.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We didn't lose, which is about the only positive thing I can say about the game.

Conte is without a doubt a defensive-minded manager, but his teams generally haven't been THIS dull. The strange thing is that we'll likely look better against the likes of Citeh and Liverpool, because they're fine with leaving space behind. But like a lot of quick counter attacking sides, when the break is not on we look confused and kind of aimless. Fucking around with the ball in the back, hoofing it up the pitch to Kane, etc.

I said Sunday I was starting to get disgruntled with the football, and the second half of this game was unwatchable. Saying that, some personnel changes: Lucas and Richarlison in the lineup, more of Bissouma (who was admittedly poor on Wednesday),Spence, etc might do the trick.

Dave Yidman

Dave Yidman

Player in Training.
I have to disagree with one point you made - you said we have been very average, I don't think we've been that good! We got lucky in 4 of the 5 games, we could very easily be looking at 1 win and 4 losses, a different kettle of haddock. The tippy-tappy stuff is what is driving me closer to the edge. I know fuck all about football tactics but I could manage any team playing against us by saying press hard when Spurs have the ball in their box, send in a few blokes to harass the defenders and especially Hugo. Like @The Cryptkeeper said, he's a great shot-stopper and makes some great saves but his kicking is fucking pony, and his football brain is too fucking slow. If we had someone who could distribute the ball quickly and accurately when attacking opportunities were there, I think that would be better than having a shot-stopper. Richardson did up the pace a bit last night so yeah, he has to start. Bissouma might settle down, I hope so cos he was pants. Hojberg, Sonny, Emerson, Sanchez and Dier were all way below average last night. The boring, slow, predictable, lazy, square and back passing bollocks is not only shite to watch, it will lead to disaster in future games when we play decent opposition. A point against West Ham is unacceptable and Conte moaning about the penalty does not help, we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front so the shite refereeing and denial of an obvious penalty would have made no difference.
I think that if we had got the obvious pen then it would have made a difference....would have silenced their bubble fucking singing crowd, and we would have gone on to win by 3 or 4. Ref was a fucking joke, was he one of the ones that "came up" from the Championship? awful awful decisions, but even that doesn't excuse the fact that if we had gone for it, we could have slaughtered those spammers. Also, lets get Richy on before the last 15 minutes, he's a warrior, could have made the difference if Antonio had put him on at half time. Also thought that Dier was dire. again.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We're spluttering along at the moment and our tactics away from home with the low bloc and counter attack aren't easy on the eye. One of the problems is the carry over euphoria from last season, scoring lots of goals and qualifying for the CL. Well the lots of goals came against the Leicester's, Evertons, Newcastles and Norwich's of this world and now it's a new season.

Last year we lost against the lower and mid table teams - Saints, Wolves (H) and West Ham (A),Chelsea (A) all beat us and so did Burnley (Forest in '22) away. We're 11 points better this time around, good stuff eh?

We'll know where we are by end of December/January

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We're spluttering along at the moment and our tactics away from home with the low bloc and counter attack aren't easy on the eye. One of the problems is the carry over euphoria from last season, scoring lots of goals and qualifying for the CL. Well the lots of goals came against the Leicester's, Evertons, Newcastles and Norwich's of this world and now it's a new season.

Last year we lost against the lower and mid table teams - Saints, Wolves (H) and West Ham (A),Chelsea (A) all beat us and so did Burnley (Forest in '22) away. We're 11 points better this time around, good stuff eh?

We'll know where we are by end of December/January
Good stuff? No. Bollocks stuff and just lucky. If you think we deserved all those points then you probably need to go to Specsavers. I have had enough of fucking around supporting the team whatever and looking through Spurs tinted glasses. If it is not easy on the eye, if we are not daring to do and the football is boring then what is the point?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Good stuff? No. Bollocks stuff and just lucky. If you think we deserved all those points then you probably need to go to Specsavers. I have had enough of fucking around supporting the team whatever and looking through Spurs tinted glasses. If it is not easy on the eye, if we are not daring to do and the football is boring then what is the point?
Well, none of Wolves or Forest had any end product so tactically sound, we were lucky against Chelsea, who have broken all spending records in the transfer market, deservedly beat Saints, and were scrappy against West Ham away, where many teams will also struggle this season.

After 5 games I'm happy we're third, with eleven points more than we had last season. Not every game especially two away London derbies are going to be beautiful footballing affairs. I do expect us to improve starting this weekend and over the course of the next few games.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Well, none of Wolves or Forest had any end product so tactically sound, we were lucky against Chelsea, who have broken all spending records in the transfer market, deservedly beat Saints, and were scrappy against West Ham away, where many teams will also struggle this season.

After 5 games I'm happy we're third, with eleven points more than we had last season. Not every game especially two away London derbies are going to be beautiful footballing affairs. I do expect us to improve starting this weekend and over the course of the next few games.
FUCKING NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN BEAUTIFUL! We were lucky in every game except the Saints one, we could have and probably should have lost all four. You are right that Wolves and Forest had no end product, so what? The Chavs spent a quid? So did we. Most of the other teams we play will have an end product and our predictable, pedestrian tactics will be easy to thwart. That's a good word 'thwart', I don't think I have ever used that one.

I want us to improve, I hope that we will improve, I would pray if I believed in that sky fairy bollocks, but you sir are trying to polish a turd, we have been fucking abysmal in 80% of our matches so far.

If tactically sound means fucking around with all that tippy tappy bollocks in our own area, 80% of our passing being back to Dier then Lloris and the occasional aimless long ball up the park then tactically sound can fuck right off. "To be tactically sound is to do" has no musical ring in my lugholes.