By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Steven Bergwijn

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
FFS people couldnt even spell Ericsson right,and how the fuck is that pronounced??

EPc06RcWkAI-yeN

Our new #23,cue all the youtube baller,elite sock wanking gang.
Lets hope he does the business in N17,

Welcome stevie,

"when he plays in lilywhite......
he makes christian look..."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
FFS people couldnt even spell Ericsson right,and how the fuck is that pronounced??

EPc06RcWkAI-yeN

Our new #23,cue all the youtube baller,elite sock wanking gang.
Lets hope he does the business in N17,

Welcome stevie,

"when he plays in lilywhite......
he makes christian look..."

Ok who`s next

Make no mistake about it - Steven Bergwijn is magnetic to watch.
The 22-year-old has outstanding close control and his dribbling ability is perhaps even as good as Son Heung-min’s. He possesses a lethal long-distance strike in his locker but perhaps most interestingly for Spurs, Bergwijn also has excellent passing vision.

He doesn’t quite have an Eriksen-level range of passing, but he’s capable of breaking lines - should he cut inside and play in the half-space, he could be a useful creator for the on-rushing Dele Alli and Ryan Sessegnon, to make overloads on the Tottenham left.

That didnt take long,TBF it never does ;)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We`re tottenham hotspur
we`ll say it how we want"

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Really looking forward to seeing Bergwijn....but...and maybe this is just me, ..but when are we signing a centre forward ? Surely that was obvious that we need a target man to hold it up for the rest of them ? Someone who's decent in the air ? It's the 29th of Jan.....any news on the striker front ?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Really looking forward to seeing Bergwijn....but...and maybe this is just me, ..but when are we signing a centre forward ? Surely that was obvious that we need a target man to hold it up for the rest of them ? Someone who's decent in the air ? It's the 29th of Jan.....any news on the striker front ?
Its madness,it is like having the catering manager at microsoft in charge of software development,we have an investment property developer choosing playing personnel,wouldnt listen to paul mitchell,wouldnt listen to poch,isnt listening to jose,hasnt listened to anyone.

Since last summer we got rid of llorente,trippier,KWP,(rose is almost done to newcastle as well),and now eriksen.I wont count Nwinger or CCV or other academy going,they never played.And we have signed a midfielder,another midfielder,a winger type midfielder,another midfielder and a player is he a winger wing back or full back?the latter probably not his strongest suit. (ndombele,lo celso,fernandes,bergwijn and sessegnon).Oh yeah we released vorm and resigned him injured in a panic.
Does anyone see a pattern here?,its actually ridiculous how obvious it is.There was a thread about which of our midfield jose would cull,and since then all we have done is add two more?and sold our best asset.
We desperately need a DoF,who Levy will listen to and take professional advice from,and not just a scapegoat to fire when the heat is on.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Agree with nearly all that..but i'm not a fan of DOF's unless they're ex players or managers at a high level Someone who works WITH the manager and a situation where one compliments the other.
Even Levy HAS to see the ridiculous imbalance in the squad. We may as well play 4 - 6 - 0

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Agree with nearly all that..but i'm not a fan of DOF's unless they're ex players or managers at a high level Someone who works WITH the manager and a situation where one compliments the other.
Even Levy HAS to see the ridiculous imbalance in the squad. We may as well play 4 - 6 - 0
I am not a lover of DoF either but starting to feel the club needs a buffer between levy and the talent,and a football person in charge of the football.We had that for a period when it seemed poch had more control on contracts/signings and then something changed,no more poch arm round players,poch saying publically he didnt know about comings and goings,contract talks.Never heard a peep about why,but something changed and we took the football knowledge away from the football dealings.
Whatever,Levy clearly loves a silky midfielder..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
'Stevie Wonder' needs a song......... anyone got any ideas?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He`s already got "spurs" more than our previous 23 in under a week.

EP4IjyXX4AcqzuO

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
You just get a good feeling when you read something like that, and especially reading the words "Hungry for more". We needed that freshness and change of attitude badly...and hopefully that can spread through the dressing room...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You just get a good feeling when you read something like that, and especially reading the words "Hungry for more". We needed that freshness and change of attitude badly...and hopefully that can spread through the dressing room...
Conversely the awful body language this year,players trotting back,pulling out of headers,giving the ball away and not going crazy to get it back,eriksen doing the flappy bird to sessegnon when his poor pass wasnt somehow improved by ryan teleporting to get it,toby just watching as Ings flicks it over his head and scores etc etc.The problems mostly were eriksen,rose,jan and toby (not always and not only).That is in order of not giving a monkeys,now toby looks happy and playing much better,have Jan`s legs gone or is it in the head his desire,and how it all collectively must have affected the other 7 or 8 lads on the pitch.
Wasnt helped by sessegnon and davies being injured,so Rose played some,wasnt helped by lo celso,lamela,ndombele,sissoko being injured so eriksen flipped in and out,foyth and sanchez not being as reliable as needed so jan and toby played.Then look at sunday,players fighting for every inch,every lost cause.Before toby wouldnt have stretched that inch got a toe to aguero`s shot,just enough to help hugo`s big toe deflect it on to the post,nobody would have got on the line after hugo and tanganga played keystone cops,was it aurier?wouldnt have dived in vain at gundogan,making him snap at the chance skying it over the bar.We nearly scored 2 own goals,winks and sanchez trying everything to head the ball away,I would rather that than trying to get out of the way,duck the challenge.The week before tanganga took one smack in the face,that is the difference now,no way we make all those blocks against city with how the players fought for each other earlier in the season.

No more passengers from now please!!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Starting with tomorrow night V Southampton...and apologies for this not being in the appropriate thread...but also to make sure that this club never resorts to showing the complete and utter lack of respect for the FA Cup as Liverpool have. Not only are any first choice players not going to be included against Shrewsbury but the the manager wont be attending either.
I only hope that the FA make an example of them....I never had much time for LFC, but now I've even less.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Starting with tomorrow night V Southampton...and apologies for this not being in the appropriate thread...but also to make sure that this club never resorts to showing the complete and utter lack of respect for the FA Cup as Liverpool have. Not only are any first choice players not going to be included against Shrewsbury but the the manager wont be attending either.
I only hope that the FA make an example of them....I never had much time for LFC, but now I've even less.
well the title race is on a knife edge....