By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Stoke - A (PL) 15:00 Sat 7th April 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-04-07-Stoke-City-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

I'll get this one in early cos I'll be in Espagna next week and probably won't be arsed.

One of those very rare Saturday afternoon 3pm games. As always I hate this fixture, bleaahhh Stoke! 3 points here will be triffic, Everton will go all out against Liverpool and hopefully take all 3 points, we could go 3rd with a game in hand, nice!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ha ha brilliant timing Dorset. I still hate this fixture, but the boys can't wait for the next game now....I know I can't. Stoke are always difficult but it's not the Stoke RUFC of Pulis days. I can see a difficult game because they'll fight tooth and nail for desperately needed points. Once we break the deadlock we'll go on to win 4-0....we always beat Stoke by 4 don't we? And Harry needs 4 to catch Salah.

Stoke 0- 4 Spurs, Son and Kane hatrick.

Chris Foy is still a wanker by the way.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Ha ha brilliant timing Dorset. I still hate this fixture, but the boys can't wait for the next game now....I know I can't. Stoke are always difficult but it's not the Stoke RUFC of Pulis days. I can see a difficult game because they'll fight tooth and nail for desperately needed points. Once we break the deadlock we'll go on to win 4-0....we always beat Stoke by 4 don't we? And Harry needs 4 to catch Salah.

Stoke 0- 4 Spurs, Son and Kane hatrick.

Chris Foy is still a wanker by the way.
I was at the Foy game. Still gives me nightmares!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Brilliant...

We need a result here to eliviate pressure on ourselves and pass it right onto others around us... need to consolidate that Chavs result

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
While Wimmer isn't Sanchez/Verts/Toby/Foyth/Dyer level, he wasn't dog shit. When needed he did a very steady job for us in high pressured games.

I assume again Poch got the absolute best out of him, and for what ever reason they can't do the same.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
While Wimmer isn't Sanchez/Verts/Toby/Foyth/Dyer level, he wasn't dog shit. When needed he did a very steady job for us in high pressured games.

I assume again Poch got the absolute best out of him, and for what ever reason they can't do the same.
Also young lad straight into a dysfunctional team this season,changes of management,if he hasnt played so well also look at how he has been coached and senior players around him.
Wish him well seems a good bloke.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Yeah speaks volumes about Poch and Alderweireld + defence looking after him. They always say that defending and goalkeeping in a good team is easy.....look at man City's defenders!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Quick question...Oooooh controversial, who thinks that we should keep the same team that started against Chelsea and leave Harry on the bench?? We've scored 7 goals against Bournemouth and Chelsea and looked a threat from everywhere not just Harry and Sonny. Nice problem eh?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Don't change a winning g side... Harry could probably do with being eased back in and if we must play him give him 45 mins to prove to us all why he should start.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don't change a winning g side... Harry could probably do with being eased back in and if we must play him give him 45 mins to prove to us all why he should start.
I would normally say madness,but yeah,give harry time to be really rested and hungry as a kid from oliver in a porridge factory.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I would normally say madness,but yeah,give harry time to be really rested and hungry as a kid from oliver in a porridge factory.
The only thing is.......what if he thinks sod that and toddles off to Madrid or somewhere? Gareth Southgate won't be very pleased either. I just hope he doesn't get injured by Adam, Shawcross, Walters, or one of their prop forwards.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The only thing is.......what if he thinks sod that and toddles off to Madrid or somewhere? Gareth Southgate won't be very pleased either. I just hope he doesn't get injured by Adam, Shawcross, Walters, or one of their prop forwards.
It will an added week off before we play citeh and cup semi final,dont think any toys and pram scenario,unless Sonny scores a hatrick!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It will an added week off before we play citeh and cup semi final,dont think any toys and pram scenario,unless Sonny scores a hatrick!!
He wants that golden boot as well though, and Salah is likely to miss Everton.

It won't happen, but we've looked just as good without him for a couple of games. that Poch - he's magic you know....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He wants that golden boot as well though, and Salah is likely to miss Everton.

It won't happen, but we've looked just as good without him for a couple of games. that Poch - he's magic you know....
Incredible,take Toby out doom&gloom,take Kane out "one man team yer fucked now",what happens??
Carry on regardless.All the Poch knockers (and theyre still out there waiting believe it or not) dont realise its not the personnel bailing him out (ever heard where would Poch be without Kane comments?) its the system he installs and making the players believe and adhere to it.Kane is class but stick him in united or chelsea would he be a +20 a season still?or like billy big bollocks berbatov take the players around him away like Keane and watch him fluff it at united.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Incredible,take Toby out doom&gloom,take Kane out "one man team yer fucked now",what happens??
Carry on regardless.All the Poch knockers (and theyre still out there waiting believe it or not) dont realise its not the personnel bailing him out (ever heard where would Poch be without Kane comments?) its the system he installs and making the players believe and adhere to it.Kane is class but stick him in united or chelsea would he be a +20 a season still?or like billy big bollocks berbatov take the players around him away like Keane and watch him fluff it at united.
That Kean and Berba thing.... was a thing of beauty. I think Cole and York Bettered it but that is the only pairing I can think of... the SAS were a one man show.

Oh and while we're at it regarding the SAS... Sutton commentating...... proper chopsy, carrot eating, arrogant, farmer cunt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Saw Kane has scored 8 in 4 games vs Stoke,I may have changed the resting him thoughts!!

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Gonna need a link for America if anyone gets one. I’ll be looking as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What a great squad we have now, rotate 4 players and bring in 4 more good ones. If the attitude is right and we can peak between Chelsea and City and Cup semi we'll smash this. Got to push on for third now, good luck lads.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool, 3 points behind, 2 games in hand. Great opportunity for the team and Harry in the golden boot race.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Playing ok so far. First time I think I've noticed the drop off in quality of the full backs. Davies and trips getting so much game time now aurier and rose look a bit lost.

Allis dive though. Good lord man stop it!!