By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Stoke City H (PL) 15:00 Sat 9th December 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-12-09-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Stoke-City.jpg

Eeeeek! I have an irrational dislike of playing Stoke, maybe I have never recovered from that vicious bottom penetrating assault of Foy-gate, maybe it is that git Adam, maybe I am scared of huge, tall, lanky, freaky ex-Spurs players (I still like Girrafe-man, sue me if you disagree). There is just something about Stoke that makes my bottom itch.

I am hoping for a good result here, we need to keep in touch with the top 4 even though we will obviously win the Champions league and qualify for next year's competition.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yeah, what is it about Stoke, they're the premier League's Millwall. I don't much like Mark Hughes and Ryan Shawcross either, unless they're kicking the shit out of Arsenal. I just hope that a mid table team comes and at least tries to play. I know that is naive and we should expect 10 men behind the ball, counter attack and set piece goals from the opposition, but it's a bore to watch, however successful it might be.

I hope that we start a bit better than of late, move the ball quicker and don't be afraid to have a few more shots, rather than taking an additional pass or two. Let's hope this is the week that we score 4 at Wembley again, we always score 4 against Stoke don't we? 4-1 Spurs. If Mr Dele Alli could find a bit of form, Christian is over his world cup qualification hangover and Harry banging a couple in we should be fine. Oh and Sonny, fast becoming an attacking dynamo and key player this season. I wouldn't mind a bit of this:
Hugo
Tripps, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies
Winks, Dembele
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Key sub; Lamela for the one out of 3 behind Kane who isn't playing well.

Is this a game for Sissoko instead of Winks or Dembele in midfield? Unleash the beast?? Dembele/Sissoko vs Stoke ha ha

Either way still 4-1 to Spurs. (please)

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It's an omen that can only mean Jan will score two goals.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
yeah think we should just call em stoke 0-4,been the way recently!!
Win today means we can afford a chuckle at either west ham or chelsea and city or united whatever happens.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TEAM NEWS
Tottenham defender Davinson Sanchez begins a three-match domestic ban on Saturday after the club decided not to appeal his red card against Watford.
Full-back Danny Rose is available for selection despite picking up a head injury in the Champions League.

Stoke defender Bruno Martins Indi is out for up to eight weeks with a groin injury, while Jese has returned to Spain to be with his ill baby son.
However, defender Geoff Cameron returns after six weeks out with concussion.

Spurs have won 4-0 in each of their past three Premier League matches against Stoke. No English side has won four consecutive top-flight matches against an opponent by four or more goals in each game.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Yeah, what is it about Stoke, they're the premier League's Millwall. I don't much like Mark Hughes and Ryan Shawcross either, unless they're kicking the shit out of Arsenal. I just hope that a mid table team comes and at least tries to play. I know that is naive and we should expect 10 men behind the ball, counter attack and set piece goals from the opposition, but it's a bore to watch, however successful it might be.

I hope that we start a bit better than of late, move the ball quicker and don't be afraid to have a few more shots, rather than taking an additional pass or two. Let's hope this is the week that we score 4 at Wembley again, we always score 4 against Stoke don't we? 4-1 Spurs. If Mr Dele Alli could find a bit of form, Christian is over his world cup qualification hangover and Harry banging a couple in we should be fine. Oh and Sonny, fast becoming an attacking dynamo and key player this season. I wouldn't mind a bit of this:
Hugo
Winks, Dembele
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Is this a game for Sissoko instead of Winks or Dembele in midfield? Unleash the beast?? Dembele/Sissoko vs Stoke ha ha

I like the look off that team. I think we need to revert to that more often. Gives us 4 quality attackers. We don't need anymore defenders in reality against a team like stoke.

Harry Hatrick today I reckon. Wee week off should see him well!! Hopefully with Eriksen showing his vital energy again today.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
......it's happening again, Stoke City, it's happening again ha ha

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Son ...man of the match again apparently.

Heung Son Ming's on fire your defence is terrified....

Had to listen on the wireless today, how fucking annoying having done the hard yards against Palace and WBA recently...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That was a shambles. As usual we failed to convert our chances, Four season wonder Harry Kane missed at least 2 sitters, not good enough! Butland was allowed to make some great saves and we really should have got 9!

Only joking of course, that is the way to deal with a useless referee, score loads and it doesn't matter. How fucking triffic is it to see Lamella back and looking really good? If he had scored that sweet attempt from the great Sonny's great cross then we would have been making our underpants a bit moist! I am going to be generous and say Dele's pass was a great assist (it wasn't, but let's pretend it was),he is still going through a rough patch, but it doesn't matter, everybody does and he will soon be back to his best.

Having Lamella back is like getting a £60m mid season signing, when Vincent recovers then the world will be our crabstick. Tottenham are back!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
How did we not score 10?
Because we are Tottenham mate. Did you hear the away supporters sing "5 nil and you fucked it up" after they scored? I think that's what they were singing but nobody can tell because obviously nobody has a scooby what Stoke people are saying, it just sounds like annoying noises. If that is what they were singing then it was quite funny.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Because we are Tottenham mate. Did you hear the away supporters sing "5 nil and you fucked it up" after they scored? I think that's what they were singing but nobody can tell because obviously nobody has a scooby what Stoke people are saying, it just sounds like annoying noises. If that is what they were singing then it was quite funny.

It was hilarious

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anybody who wants to watch the whole game again, it's the game of the day on Sky at 8.30pm.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Loved that. Great to see us bang some goals in - at Wembley too! If it wasn’t from some smart saves from Butland it would’ve been even more.

Got to say, much prefer the formation setup today. 4 at the back, 3 behind Harry.. so much more space, options and creativity up there. Should definitely be deploying that at home against weaker oppositions.

Shout out to Lamela too, think he’s had a solid comeback so far and given us another great option. Son too. Makes for less pressure on Dele and Eriksen to perform.

Lovely stuff! Who’s next?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Loved that. Great to see us bang some goals in - at Wembley too! If it wasn’t from some smart saves from Butland it would’ve been even more.

Got to say, much prefer the formation setup today. 4 at the back, 3 behind Harry.. so much more space, options and creativity up there. Should definitely be deploying that at home against weaker oppositions.

Shout out to Lamela too, think he’s had a solid comeback so far and given us another great option. Son too. Makes for less pressure on Dele and Eriksen to perform.

Brighton - Wednesday, same treatment I expect. Big respect for Chris Hughton though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

I think the change in formation works because all of a sudden its a different proposition for opponents.No doubt a run of 4 at the back teams will approach differently,then you switch it again,dont become predictable.We simply arent strong enough to merely swat others away playing at wembley.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Great result, baffling refereeing.
forget fouls and which way throws free kicks went,but that handball impossible to not see and act upon.Good job nothing he could do wrong would influence the result.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Hugo
Winks, Dembele
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Jesus mate, are you Nostradamus? Within one goal of everything being spot on.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
forget fouls and which way throws free kicks went,but that handball impossible to not see and act upon.Good job nothing he could do wrong would influence the result.
You won't see many if any clearer instances of a handball. I can live with referees not being able to see things because of angles, players obscuring them etc, especially in the penalty area but surely one of the referee or lino would have seen that.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The Cryptkeeper's ratings:

Lloris - made a brilliant save but was caught out for the Stoke goal. 6
Trippier - usual honest game. 6
Dier - had very little to do but a calm, professional performance. 7
Vertonghen - see Dier comments. 7
Davis - worked very well on the left, releasing Son and also ripping in a decent cross of his own for Kane's first goal. 7
Winks - keeps ticking over, solid game. 7
Dembele - a brute force when he is on song. Building into the season. Good game. 7
Dele - better but given plenty of space. 7
Eriksen - again, plenty of space and provided a nice finish. 7
Son - superb, Stoke couldn't cope with him. The only blemish was a moment of selfishness in the first half. 9
Kane - not sure how he missed when clear through in the first half but made up for it with two quality finishes after the break. 9

Subs - no rating but Erik Lamela is a star and it is great to see him back..

Last edited: