By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Strikers

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
So we all agree we desperately need another striker. Even though im happy to give Jansen time at WHL, I still believe we need a striker who we know can score goals.

I like Berahino but he hasnt played in a while which in concerning. Its hard whether to spend bug or not. Ive heard Hernandez is available at Leverkusen but he would cost £22mill, and i could just imagine him being too greedy and not suited to the Spurs etiquette.

Anyone got an Idea on who we could get and realistically.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think we will muddle through with kane,janssen,son and at a pinch harrison in the squad for fa cup?
If Defoe would go for 8m I would have him home just to spite the spammers!

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
I would love Defoe back just because i love him, but i dont think he would want to sit on the bench. I still believe in youngsters. Wouldnt mind Batshuayi but no chance of Chelsea selling lol. BUT then again he is unproven.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I think if we were to take someone on especially in Jan it would need to be a prem player who could come straight in.

Rondon has been great for West Brom so far this season and I'm sure would jump at the chance, or Bony would be obtainable. He just isn't getting on for whatever reason. Watching Crouch bumble around the field ahead of bony is baffling. He's not been prolific since his 17 goal season but then he has been used sporadically since then.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think if we were to take someone on especially in Jan it would need to be a prem player who could come straight in.

Rondon has been great for West Brom so far this season and I'm sure would jump at the chance, or Bony would be obtainable. He just isn't getting on for whatever reason. Watching Crouch bumble around the field ahead of bony is baffling. He's not been prolific since his 17 goal season but then he has been used sporadically since then.
Fuck it,make an audacious £40m bid for Rashford,not a chance it`ll happen,but fuck it shots fired will wind them up no end.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Fuck it,make an audacious £40m bid for Rashford,not a chance it`ll happen,but fuck it shots fired will wind them up no end.

Yeah he's gonna be an absolute star that kid!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah he's gonna be an absolute star that kid!
IF,if united ever have the courage to play him for a spell.Hard to trust youth in this day and age,IMO he and martial should be starting now,also that fosu mensa geezer too,but they are too worried about today to build a side for a decade,so zlatan for a year,and other big signings stopping development of some good talent.Takes balls,infact to play a kid for 30 mins against chelsea to shore up the game takes balls of steel.If chavs had got back in our fans would have crucified poch bringing on winks,youth needs a brave manager,jose is not that man to put his ego/reputation on the line for young talent.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
IF,if united ever have the courage to play him for a spell.Hard to trust youth in this day and age,IMO he and martial should be starting now,also that fosu mensa geezer too,but they are too worried about today to build a side for a decade,so zlatan for a year,and other big signings stopping development of some good talent.Takes balls,infact to play a kid for 30 mins against chelsea to shore up the game takes balls of steel.If chavs had got back in our fans would have crucified poch bringing on winks,youth needs a brave manager,jose is not that man to put his ego/reputation on the line for young talent.

That Fonsu Mensa looked immensed until we injured him

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

You are absolutely right. We have that manager, which is fantastic for our future. Jose always has mega cash to splash which I guess stops him directly looking at the talent already available. Pity really. Would be brilliant if as you said we stick in a cheeky bid for rashford. Only thing is then Jose might realise he has a talent on his hands if we're after him lol.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I agree about Rashford....he's their Dele Alli, there's not a cat in hells chance of us getting him unless we offer him £90k a week right now??! And he gets to train with Dele of course

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So we all agree we desperately need another striker. Even though im happy to give Jansen time at WHL, I still believe we need a striker who we know can score goals.

I like Berahino but he hasnt played in a while which in concerning. Its hard whether to spend bug or not. Ive heard Hernandez is available at Leverkusen but he would cost £22mill, and i could just imagine him being too greedy and not suited to the Spurs etiquette.

Anyone got an Idea on who we could get and realistically.
Nope we don't all agree...

Kane... Janssen... Son... Lamella... Deli... will all score goals for us.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member

I agree with your disagree. Just add Eriksen to that list..

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I think we will muddle through with kane,janssen,son and at a pinch harrison in the squad for fa cup?
If Defoe would go for 8m I would have him home just to spite the spammers!
I've not been bothered about Defoe at all as don't thin he'd suit our general play whilst a few people hear and there saying good of bench, knows the club etc but I just don't think it's needed. Having said that if West Ham are gonna get him then I'd rather he was with us!!!! Would be bloody funny and score goals when needed, but it's his overall work rate off the ball that would worry me in terms of fitting into Poch's system. But then fuck the spammers!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Winks, Delli.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Winks, Delli.
I think poch is almost a one off,I was more digging jose and his no youth policy!
Trusting kids hasnt been a problem for us since AVB went,redknapp would never have trusted his good name to kids either imo..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

... and Christian, Danny (I think he's getting a taste for goals) and Victor they'll all chip in with a few. Toby will definitely be smashing in some corners as well! We need to see Hugo step up and score, Robbo did it so why the fuck doesn't Hugo? Come on mon ami

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
So no one thinks we need another proven goalscorer to back up Harry. Or we all assuming that if Kane got injured we'd be happy with Jan, son, Lamela ect.

Seems like its just my opinion then.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So no one thinks we need another proven goalscorer to back up Harry. Or we all assuming that if Kane got injured we'd be happy with Jan, son, Lamela ect.

In an ideal world yes we do,but they dont come cheap,there are no guarantees with big money spent,and whoever will always be signed just as back up to Kane.With how we set up,it cant be an older player imagine berbatov doing the press?defoe for me would be great,but we all know how he hates sitting on the bench.
Its not that we couldnt improve,personally i just dont see the answer this january.Janssen needs a chance to settle & play,who would come and be 2nd or 3rd choice that fans would be encouraged with,cost less than 15m,fit the style of play?,**smarter people than me cant name or find someone,just pray Kane doesnt get crocked again.

** anyone says Austin or berahino I`ll get my gun :p

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Actually shane long long would be a good call for us,but he wouldnt come IMO,and everyone would just moan if we did sign him.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member

I feel like your always degrading me Unit !! :(:(:(

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
TBH is January the right time to buy another player? IMO you won't get class players, as no club will let them go half way through the season.
I would 'Stick' if I was Poch.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

We'd probably all be happy if we could get the right bloke, but who would that bloke be? A top quality bloke wouldn't want to sit on the bench waiting for Harry to get injured. How would Vincent feel if we gave up on him now? I reckon he will come good. Personally I am happy with who we have and wouldn't want to see Berahino anywhere near our team. JD would be OK but Sunderland ain't selling him and the form he is in at the moment why would he want to go back to the bench? Plus he isn't a player for the future and as much as I love the little man I don't want him back for a testimonal half-season ta.

If we buy a player then I would like it to nee for the long term, not just as a temporary measure for this season. The Poch is building a legendary team I reckon and we need to build with a good foundation. If Dembele II was available I'd go for him straight away but I think we missed out last year, I don't know the full story but it sounds like Levy got the hump with Fulham wanting to keep him for the rest of the season? He is the sort of young player I would like. If we lived in a fantasy castle with boot wearing fairies I would say Rashford, but there is no way we could get him....unless of course the numpty one goes mental again and lets him go???

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
If we buy a player then I would like it to nee for the long term, not just as a temporary measure for this season. The Poch is building a legendary team I reckon and we need to build with a good foundation. If Dembele II was available I'd go for him straight away but I think we missed out last year, I don't know the full story but it sounds like Levy got the hump with Fulham wanting to keep him for the rest of the season? He is the sort of young player I would like. If we lived in a fantasy castle with boot wearing fairies I would say Rashford, but there is no way we could get him....unless of course the numpty one goes mental again and lets him go???

Jay Rodriguez from Southampton? probably would be happy to wait for his chance. Competition for Jansen incase Kane got injured which might be healthy for him. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Jay Rodriguez from Southampton? Young, probably would be happy to wait for his chance. Competition for Jansen incase Kane got injured which might be healthy for him. Just a thought.
Young? Nah mate I don't think so and he's only played in 21 games of Premiership football in over 2 and a half years? He's scored 3 goals this season, 179 minutes per goal - not top striker level by any stretch of the bonce power. Maybe he would have been a good option 3 years back, if he had't had such bad injury problems, but I think his boat has sailed mate.