By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Sunderland H [PL] 12:30 Sun 18 sept 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
THFC-v-SAFC.jpg

Seems like a long way off with weds Champions league return over shadowing it,but in 6 days time we face the Mackems at the Lane.Not too big a disadvantage with them facing Everton tonight so they only have two days extra rest.Following this match we have the Gills at home in the league cup,so I would expect most who start weds to start this game?and quite a bit of R&R for the starting eleven for the cup match.

Obviously we have to get through the Monaco game to have an idea of the line up,but Mousa is now available in the league again,probably two out of three of dembele,dier,wanyama to start,Rose`s hamstring the only injury we are waiting on,unless something is up with Wimmer and explains his lack of errrrrrr well even being mentioned.But easy to see the depth we have even with a midweek CL game to negotiate,sissoko,lamela,janssen didnt start last time out at stoke and GKN hasnt even been in the match day squad yet.I actually cant wait for the gillingham game to see if carter vickers,edwards,sterling,winks can stake a claim to increase our depth even further.Good times.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Handy bounce and a good win would do nicely in this one. Same result as last year works for me, we'll have the usual problem of breaking down a packed defence and having to watch the counter.

Spurs 4-1

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
David Moyes could welcome back midfielders Steven Pienaar and Lee Cattermole for the trip to London on Sunday.

Cattermole in particular will be a welcome addition to a team that has lacked experience at times this season.

Meanwhile, full-back Billy Jones is back in training, but new signing Victor Anichebe has a thigh problem and is unavailable.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I think we will put in a strong performance in this one. We usually bounce back from poor results with a good game under Poch and with the Mousse coming back and plenty of others fit I'm sure we will have a strong 11 and bench! I know it hasn't really started to click bar the second half at Stoke but there are plenty of good signs that we aren't far of hitting a good run of form. Hopefully Kane can bag another goal as his confidence could do with it, Jansen to for that matter.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
6-1 to the Spurs is my prediction, 4 goals for Kane and one for Defoe, when they are 6-0 down.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
Might be a little awkward in the early stages with some of the new players in the lineup, but I'm fully confident the quality of our depth will overwhelm Sunderland. 5-1: Janssen 2, Sissoko 2, Davis 1; Defoe 1.

boo

boo

Founding Member
he's said he's going to make changes.

lamela for son
janssen for kane
sissoko for alli
wanyama for dier

?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think the game kicks off at 16.30 not 12.30...don't want any of our American friends getting up too early on Sunday...!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think the game kicks off at 16.30 not 12.30...don't want any of our American friends getting up too early on Sunday...!!!
bollox your right,its 16.30 kick off,i just copied another thread title and just change the dates etc,missed the time,oh well my super powers wont let me fix that lol

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
he's said he's going to make changes.

lamela for son
janssen for kane
sissoko for alli
wanyama for dier

?
I think he will let mousa and Dier re-unite last years partnership and save wanyama for the cup?and maybe Christian will sit this one with Alli pushed up to 10?Lots of options though,Son or Lamela,two upfront,sissoko start?

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I expect us to absolutely hammer them 1-0. Lloris, from 1 yard out in the dying embers of injury time, when Poch sends him up for a corner.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I expect to we'll see some rotation today, but not too much.

Lloris
Trippier Jan Toby Davies/Rose
Dembele Dier
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Jansen

We need to bounce back from the mid week defeat with a strong performance and 3 points!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We like Mike Dean....kick off is 16.30 btw?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We like Mike Dean....kick off is 16.30 btw?
You're not allowed to say 16:30 anymore. In the retarded post-Brexit World, where the pound in your pocket will be worth 5/16th of a groat and the length of a football pitch must now be measured in Weasle's noses and people with an IQ of more than 12 ( the average Brexit voter's IQ) will be burnt at the stake - you have to say 4.30 pm in the afternoon.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Eriksen, Lamela, Winks, Janssen

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Eriksen, Lamela, Winks, Janssen
3 at the back?? or vert LB?with sissoko infront? not suprised to see eriksen sit it out,and Son would have been demoralised if benched again after HT subbing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mauricio: "With Rose's injury Ben Davies would've played three games in a row and that's always difficult.So we need to rotate and it's for that reason we move @ericdier alongside Toby and Jan is used to playing full-back for Belgium.It's always important when you have a player like @mousadembele available again He was important last season for us, a key player and he's a player who can help us."

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Decent opening 10, we have a pretty powerful midfield out there

boo

boo

Founding Member
It feels like that Wolves game a ew years ago. Hueng Min Son is ripping them apart down the left which is good to see. Sissoko needs to calm down a tad by he looks of it. Mousa Dembele is in the team which gives us should a solid starting point.

Jan Vertonghen doesnt look too miffed to be playing left back either eh?

COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Can someone hurry up and put one of these chances in the net please....thanks in advance.

PS I fucking hate Thierry Henry (he's today's Sky pundit)

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Made that hard work for ourselves, should have been a few goals ahead, another win and we go on

COYS!