By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Take-away of Choice....

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
So I'm sitting here sulking and hungry and dreaming about my favourite take away place in Tottenham and thought I would ask you guys what's your favourite turn to treat.

Mine's Chinese, love a good chicken chow-mein, duck fried rice and prawn crackers. Need one of those drooling emoji's.

What about you guys ?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Love Turkish.....

Kebabs are fucking ace and a meze is also an excuse to try loads of diferent shit.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We don't got no takeaways where I live, unless you call a pheasant or a rabbit a takeaway, obviously not a deer because you ain't allowed to 'take them away' are you? I think we get a takeaway about once or twice a year so whenever we do they are all nice. When I use to be alive and live in a town I think a nice Ruby was my favourite unless I was pissed then it was obviously a nice big Doner with extra chilli sauce and no fucking saiad.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So I'm sitting here sulking and hungry and dreaming about my favourite take away place in Tottenham and thought I would ask you guys what's your favourite turn to treat.

Mine's Chinese, love a good chicken chow-mein, duck fried rice and prawn crackers. Need one of those drooling emoji's.

What about you guys ?
Chinese all the way,I can do a pretty authentic curry but its impossible to do chinese as the takeaway does,probably not having a bucket of msg stops that?

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I feel another chicken balls thread coming on lol

boo

boo

Founding Member
This is a classic Japanese 'take-away'.

goods10-1.jpg

It's called 'Bento' which means 'lunch box' (kind of). It's rice, of course, fish and pickled vegetables. That battered thing on the right is called 'ebi fry', which is usually a prawn or the like. That pink round thing above the ebi fry is called 'kamaboko' and is a sort of fish paste made into a rubbery texture. Underneath that, the yellowy orange thing, is 'tamagoyaki', which is like an omelette.

I don't eat these by the way, well I don't eat fish but, like I said, this is a classic Japanese take away. For me, I usually have something called; 'tonkatsu'

16760631_441.jpg

It's pork in batter I guess, with rice, ginger and bamboo.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Thanks @boo I'm now culturally enhanced in all things japanese takeaway.

Curry for me or a kebab when in the former style of Dorset drinking mode. Unfortunately I overdosed on Chinese when much younger and saw too many bean sprouts a second time coming back up sideways after too many beers.

boo

boo

Founding Member
B-line to the chippy every time I come home for Chicken and Mushroom Pie and Chips : )

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I feel another chicken balls thread coming on lol
Mate, we all know about your little chicken balls, there's no need to keep going on about them, I don't bang on and on about my humungous elephant balls do I?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
When we lived in Thailand we had to travel to Singapore every so often to get a visa renewal (or send the passport off on the bus to Malaysia, my passport has been to more countries than I have - don't tell anyone). So, when I was in the big smoke of Singapore I used to live on fucking McDonalds for 2 or 3 days, I don't really like their stuff - except of course for the sausage and egg McMuffin, they're are fucking pucker, totally, delightfully fucking pucker! I was well chuffed when I found out on a business trip to Germany that the German for sausage and egg McMuffin is in fact sausage and egg McMuffin, fucking result - and there was a McDs right opposite my hotel in Essen AND they were doing a 2 McMuffins and a coffee fro 3 Euros deal - wahooooo! I can speak reasonably gut (see what I did there?) Germanish, but I can't be fucked making all that effort if they can't be bothered speaking proper Ingerlish, Wurst und Ei McKuchen???? sounds bonkers.

Meanwhile back to what the fuck I was rambling about. We used to live on superb Thai and real Chinese food in Thailand, our mate was a brilliant cook of Chinese-Thai food because his parents were Chinese and he was born in Thailand, best of both worlds, and he owned a restaurant which was just up the road from our house so we ate there every day and drank many Singha beers, fucking luvverly! But, whenever I went to Singapore I had this irrational craving for crap food so it was Big Macs and fries all the way - and Guinness in the Penny Black pub which was full of city type English yuppies, fucking weird!

The closest we get to takeaways these days is fish and chips in Bennets of Weymouth when we toddle down there for a day at the seaside. I never knew I liked Haddock until recently, I always used to have cod, then one day they gave me the wrong thing, fucking Haddock! I was miffed as fuck and nearly went all Conan the fucking Ballbearing on them, but then I thought I would give it a go and it is WAY better than cod, I am definitely a haddock and chips sort of bloke these days.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
First things first, fuck you deliveroo, fuck you!.

When I lived in the good part of Brighton I could get all manner of things, but now I live in the wrong part, they don't deliver to my post code, despite me seeing their bikes go past my house.

I used to love Chinese but never seem to find a decent one these days.

I also no longer live near my favourite burger joint and my favourite chicken restaurant has closed down, it was like KFC but with posh chicken, not one that was made in a lab.

Kebab, curries, sushi, love them all but not stupid pizza, a glorified half sandwich. Unless it's "artisan" pizza of course. Artisan, what a stupid ponced up word, something that is made with your hands. Pizzas that have fresh stuff on and not one of those hideous chain places

I'm going to have an "artisan" cup of tea I think to calm down.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
When we lived in Thailand we had to travel to Singapore every so often to get a visa renewal (or send the passport off on the bus to Malaysia, my passport has been to more countries than I have - don't tell anyone). So, when I was in the big smoke of Singapore I used to live on fucking McDonalds for 2 or 3 days, I don't really like their stuff - except of course for the sausage and egg McMuffin, they're are fucking pucker, totally, delightfully fucking pucker! I was well chuffed when I found out on a business trip to Germany that the German for sausage and egg McMuffin is in fact sausage and egg McMuffin, fucking result - and there was a McDs right opposite my hotel in Essen AND they were doing a 2 McMuffins and a coffee fro 3 Euros deal - wahooooo! I can speak reasonably gut (see what I did there?) Germanish, but I can't be fucked making all that effort if they can't be bothered speaking proper Ingerlish, Wurst und Ei McKuchen???? sounds bonkers.

Meanwhile back to what the fuck I was rambling about. We used to live on superb Thai and real Chinese food in Thailand, our mate was a brilliant cook of Chinese-Thai food because his parents were Chinese and he was born in Thailand, best of both worlds, and he owned a restaurant which was just up the road from our house so we ate there every day and drank many Singha beers, fucking luvverly! But, whenever I went to Singapore I had this irrational craving for crap food so it was Big Macs and fries all the way - and Guinness in the Penny Black pub which was full of city type English yuppies, fucking weird!

The closest we get to takeaways these days is fish and chips in Bennets of Weymouth when we toddle down there for a day at the seaside. I never knew I liked Haddock until recently, I always used to have cod, then one day they gave me the wrong thing, fucking Haddock! I was miffed as fuck and nearly went all Conan the fucking Ballbearing on them, but then I thought I would give it a go and it is WAY better than cod, I am definitely a haddock and chips sort of bloke these days.
You should a have a column in the Dorset advertiser or whatever the local rag is called. Great stuff as ever.

If I was a pedantic sort then I'd mention it's 'Pukka' as in Pukka pies rather 'Pucker', which means something else...but as i'm not that sort of bloke, i won't.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
You should a have a column in the Dorset advertiser or whatever the local rag is called. Great stuff as ever.

If I was a pedantic sort then I'd mention it's 'Pukka' as in Pukka pies rather 'Pucker', which means something else...but as i'm not that sort of bloke, i won't.
We say tomato and I don't give a fuck what they say..

Be very careful admitting you are pedantic, Sun readers and Brexiteering racists might come and burn down your house to protect the kiddies.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
First things first, fuck you deliveroo, fuck you!.

When I lived in the good part of Brighton I could get all manner of things, but now I live in the wrong part, they don't deliver to my post code, despite me seeing their bikes go past my house.

I used to love Chinese but never seem to find a decent one these days.

I also no longer live near my favourite burger joint and my favourite chicken restaurant has closed down, it was like KFC but with posh chicken, not one that was made in a lab.

Kebab, curries, sushi, love them all but not stupid pizza, a glorified half sandwich. Unless it's "artisan" pizza of course. Artisan, what a stupid ponced up word, something that is made with your hands. Pizzas that have fresh stuff on and not one of those hideous chain places

I'm going to have an "artisan" cup of tea I think to calm down.
Do folks really deliver grub to your house? You townies live in fucking luxury innit? Is there really a 'wrong part' of Brighton? This place is very educational, I went to Brighton once and thought all of it was wrong!

Oooh a nice cup of artisan tea, lovely. I met a bloke once who truly believed that Yorkshire tea was actually grown in Yorkshire, not that foreign muck from foreign parts. What a Leeds Doughnut he was.

This thread is turning into a travel record of all the places wot I have been to - in Sri Lanka, we visited a tea plantation, they actually have 'tourist pickers' who were nice traditional costumes and don't actually do no picking, they just pose for tourist tips - not PG tips!

The shit tea scraps that dry up and fall on the floor is swept up and used for tea bags, artisan ones probably. I don't use tea bags myself because I am a proper geezer, I use proper leaf green tea and a fucking pot - well a caffetiere really cos I am well posh!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We say tomato and I don't give a fuck what they say..

Be very careful admitting you are pedantic, Sun readers and Brexiteering racists might come and burn down your house to protect the kiddies.
They could try, that would be fun, trouble is having a debate would be impossible since they can't understand long words and believe in lies and that everything they're told by Nigel Farage is the truth. Easier just to shoot the vermin.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
They could try, that would be fun, trouble is having a debate would be impossible since they can't understand long words and believe in lies and that everything they're told by Nigel Farage is the truth. Easier just to shoot the vermin.
No Germans staying this week, Major.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Chinese. No, Indian. No, Chinese. No, Indian. :confused:

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Do folks really deliver grub to your house? You townies live in fucking luxury innit? Is there really a 'wrong part' of Brighton? This place is very educational, I went to Brighton once and thought all of it was wrong!

Oooh a nice cup of artisan tea, lovely. I met a bloke once who truly believed that Yorkshire tea was actually grown in Yorkshire, not that foreign muck from foreign parts. What a Leeds Doughnut he was.

This thread is turning into a travel record of all the places wot I have been to - in Sri Lanka, we visited a tea plantation, they actually have 'tourist pickers' who were nice traditional costumes and don't actually do no picking, they just pose for tourist tips - not PG tips!

The shit tea scraps that dry up and fall on the floor is swept up and used for tea bags, artisan ones probably. I don't use tea bags myself because I am a proper geezer, I use proper leaf green tea and a fucking pot - well a caffetiere really cos I am well posh!

I do not like the green tea but do enjoy a proper pot with proper leaves.

I take it you will not appreciate this chaps tea making skills.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
One of the very good things about Green tea is that it is a miracle 'hangover' cure. I spent a week a China some years ago and got slaughtered every night, big time, only way we could do this was by drinking Green tea and other similar anti-oxidant teas during the day. worked brilliantly...try it.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
One of the very good things about Green tea is that it is a miracle 'hangover' cure. I spent a week a China some years ago and got slaughtered every night, big time, only way we could do this was by drinking Green tea and other similar anti-oxidant teas during the day. worked brilliantly...try it.

Black label Smirnoff from the freezer also works a treat.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I do not like the green tea but do enjoy a proper pot with proper leaves.

I take it you will not appreciate this chaps tea making skills.

I say this fellow is rather coarse what? He jolly well seems to suggests that it is erroneous to add milk to one's refreshing cup of Camellia sinensis before one adds the receptacle containing the herb. Well, tish and tosh I say! One never uses one of these vulgar items he refers to I believe as a 'tea bag', that is frightfully lower class, one also does not add milk to one's tea at all! Terribly sorry old chap but I am awfully afraid I should have to call this bounder out if he were to prepare my afternoon beverage for me in this savage, neanderthal way. What a cunt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Black label Smirnoff from the freezer also works a treat.
Nice, another pleasure denied to me. I used to enjoy Smirnoff Black, Stolychnya and other lovely tipples like this, no mixer of course I am not a girl, I have always said the only thing that should ever be added to a decent spirit is one small piece of ice maybe in a whiskey (Irish of course) and only more vodka should be added to vodka.

I am sure there are some pikeys who drink red fucking label Smirnoff, yerkkk. It's funny when they try and be civilised and they put it in the freezer because the cunt only freezes dunnit? I have even heard that folks drink flavoured vodka!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am sure there are some pikeys who drink red fucking label Smirnoff, yerkkk. It's funny when they try and be civilised and they put it in the freezer because the cunt only freezes dunnit? I have even heard that folks drink flavoured vodka!
I may or may not have seen on occassion an incy wincy geezer with a pic of red label smurfnoff on twatter:confused:

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Chinese. No, Indian. No, Chinese. No, Indian. :confused:

Why don't you go with a CHindian! That'll solve your problem.

Prawn Naan
Egg Fried Pilau Rice
Chicken Tikka Spring Roll
Cashews in Balti Sauce

Done, the question is, will you be hungry half an hour after or in hospital?

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Nice, another pleasure denied to me. I used to enjoy Smirnoff Black, Stolychnya and other lovely tipples like this, no mixer of course I am not a girl, I have always said the only thing that should ever be added to a decent spirit is one small piece of ice maybe in a whiskey (Irish of course) and only more vodka should be added to vodka.

Flavoured vodka, grim. One step away from WKD. Drinks should never be blue or green unless you're in Blake's 7.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Gotta say chinese but i always have a curry from them!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Gyros, Mexican, or pizza for me. Anything but the chain places, which I avoid like the plague.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member

Try some "5 Lakes" (Пять Озер) Siberian vodka if you can find it. Although it is exported, I think it's still largely a domestic vodka. Serve it with smoked fish hors d'oeuvres. It's a clear and smooth vodka and a lot better than domestic Russian vodkas, which often struck me to be little more than a mixture of de-icing fluid and squirrel piss. 5 Lakes is great vodka and I think it's a genuine rival for most export vodkas.

And you are absolutely right -- the ONLY thing to add to vodka is more vodka!