By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Taliban United (H) Sunday 23/10/2022 16:30

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
The Chelsea/United draw did us a favour I suppose and minimised the damage from the United loss as far as league position goes.

It's going to be tricky tomorrow though as Howe has got them playing some good football and in good form. I was half hoping we'd get Howe before we appointed Nuno way back then as well. He's "young" (if you can call 44 young!) and certainly has a far more modern approach to the game than Conte does.

But then if it's another poor performance and loss against them, do the rumblings about Conte's position start to grow louder ?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Not going out my way to watch this...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lloris, Royal, Sanchez, Dier, Lenglet, Sessegnon, Skipp, Bentancur, Bissouma, Son, Kane.

Yes, Royal straight back in the fucking side as I suspected he probably would be. Fucks sake.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
1666536868901.png

• 1 Lloris
  • 6 D Sánchez
  • 15 Dier
  • 34 Lenglet
  • 12 Emerson Fucking Royal
  • 30 Bentancur
  • 38 Bissouma
  • 4 Skipp
  • 19 R Sessegnon
  • 10 Kane
  • 7 Son Heung-Min

Substitutes​

• 2 Doherty
  • 11 Gil
  • 14 Perisic
  • 20 Forster
  • 24 Spence
  • 25 Tanganga
  • 27 Lucas Moura
  • 33 Davies
  • 42 White

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Lloris, Royal, Sanchez, Dier, Lenglet, Sessegnon, Skipp, Bentancur, Bissouma, Son, Kane.

Yes, Royal straight back in the fucking side as I suspected he probably would be. Fucks sake.
Maybe because he embodies Cuntes philosophy of time wasting and pretending to be injured? I don't get what Cunte sees in him.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Maybe because he embodies Cuntes philosophy of time wasting and pretending to be injured? I don't get what Cunte sees in him.
Definitely the pretending to be injured part for sure. He’s almost reached David Luiz levels in that respect. That cunt would go down screaming if you looked at him the wrong way.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Better half than I was expecting so far. Bissouma having a good game

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Good n the counter, sloppy at the back.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Nothing wrong with that, Hugo ran into him.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Don't know what Hugo's complaining about. Himself and Dier off it today for whatever reason...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Oh well. Can’t say they don’t deserve if.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I'm probably over-thinking this and ranting at the moment because I'm so fucking annoyed but if Conte goes, what does that say about the club ?. I know The Cunt was past his prime, but, like it or not, he was still considered by many to be 'world class' and the usual 'serial winner' shit as well.

Conte is also a 'serial winner' and has won 5 titles in his last 7 full seasons and even he can't make it work here ?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
0-2 down at home...no changes made, yet THEY look like scoring again and we're chasing shadows and conceding possession time and time again..We're a fucking mess.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Conte would rather cut off his arm than change anything at half time.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
In fairness the fans are trying...but fuck me, you'd think there would be alot more urgency from us considering. There's nobody busting a gut..yet every Newcastle player is driven out there....Says alot.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I’d love Doherty to lay on an equaliser or score just to stick two fingers up to Conte.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I can't remember a season where I enjoyed watching football less than this year. Fuck both of the clubs on the pitch today. The football was shit too.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Shockingly bad after a relatively competent start. Inexcusable from players and manager. Even after we got the goal we never looked like drawing level, it was like we were always trying to dribble through three players every time we touched the ball, even on the wings. Shit tactics, shit game management, shit performance. They’re a good (if evil) side, but we made it very easy for them today, and at home no less.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

There's part of me that wonders if it's as simple as the fact that they're playing every 3 days is getting to them ?

Conte isn't rotating all that much either, so maybe it's fatigue combined with Conte's incessant micro-manging of every aspect of the game that's the reason ?. I was watching him on the touchline as the camera went by and it honestly looked like he was telling players to go here, go there and everything else in between.

I don't know, but something isn't right. (No shit Sherlock)

I don't think Kulusevski being injured is entirely the reason we're struggling either.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Ok so you're Daniel Levy. You're looking at a team that hasn't improved really since you sacked the bloke who was a favourite with most of the fans and played great attacking football. Oh, and not to mention...a CL final.

You then get JM....a coach with a great CV but a trophy winner...it doesn't work and the style of football is negative cynical shite and the fans turn....so....you sign Nuno...uninspiring and lazy....that fails miserably..so..
You get Conte. You go all in. You give him money, you make sure your stars stay and everyone's happy. But....you now realise that your "world class" coach isn't what you thought he'd be...the performances have been ordinary at best and the style of play is still, for the most part negative cynical shite. Yet you gave this guy what he wanted so....what to do !??

The answer for me is obvious. Conte's contract runs out at the end of the season so if he sacks him, it'll be a bit of financial pain but not much....then you go and get him....Poch. Unemployed, no buy out clause, nothing. Overnight, the fans are back onside..Kane, Son and others get excited. They know him, they respect him, they'll play for him. The fans know what's coming. Spurs will be back. We'll start to dominate teams again. We'll start pinning the opposition back and be relentless.

No brainer.....Get Poch back now.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Not sure Poch would work again…..some of those players stopped playing for him. Not against the idea, but not sure it would be as amazing as it was.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It’s based on absolutely nothing concrete, and it’s well established that I’m always wrong, but I have a gut feeling that Conte will be gone very soon. As in before the end of the month.