By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Banana skin.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What the actual fuck did that silly cunt think he was doing?
Banana skin.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-throws-banana-skin-on-pitch-arsenal-10992470

First and foremost why are you throwing anything on the pitch you thick as mince cunt. That is not ok, in any scenario.

Secondly you have to be some serious type of prick to throw a banana skin and not think of the ramifications and potential inferences towards racism and the horrendous shite that went on in the 70s and 80s.

Especially from our fans who historically have themselves been singled out for simply following a club who's roots were diferent to others.

Whoever that was should be done for a hate crime and not be allowed near a football stadium ever again.

Its fucking embarrassing.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What the actual fuck did that silly cunt think he was doing?
View attachment 684
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-throws-banana-skin-on-pitch-arsenal-10992470

First and foremost why are you throwing anything on the pitch you thick as mince cunt. That is not ok, in any scenario.

Secondly you have to be some serious type of prick to throw a banana skin and not think of the ramifications and potential inferences towards racism and the horrendous white that went on in the 70s and 80s.

Especially from our fans who historically have themselves been singled out for simply following a club who's roots were diferent to others.

Whoever that was should be done for a hate crime and not be allowed near a football stadium ever again.

Its fucking embarrassing.
banged up,criminal record,banned from spurs for life,name and shame in public

thats what is needed.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
banged up,criminal record,banned from spurs for life,name and shame in public

thats what is needed.
Better if they weren’t inside, name and shame and everything else, so they can get some abuse from society.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Complete cunty behaviour! Fucking out of order.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
He has been found and banned for life. Sorry cannot paste from sky sports atm.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Update is that he is still rightly banned. , for throwing a”missile ” on the pitch .
The police and club have studied CCTV , and he is appearing in court on those charges , Not on racially aggravated charges.
If you see the game , and from friends there , when Aubu ( his nickname cause no one can spell it correctly) Scored , the person who was celebrating and taunting the Spurs fans was Bellerin , then there’s a picture of 4 Goons , all we’re white .
So whilst this 53 year old grandfather from Greek Cypriot background was beyond stupid for throwing anything , it was not a rascist incident , and that will be proved in court ( unless my friends are lying and the picture I’ve seen , don’t cohoberate it) , I bet if Bellerin had scored the goal and the same incident happened , it wouldn’t even have been reported with any Rascist undertones .
The reason I say he was stupid is that the banana had been eaten by a young boy and the skin discarded . So Aubu Scored , Bellerin started celebrating and he though , what can I throw , ah yes , I ll throw that skin , he’s 53 , so to bend down , pick it up and throw , must have taken at least 5 seconds ., and he’s put our club into turmoil , he’s lost his ST hat has probably taken 10-20 years to get enough points to go to this game and obviously also lost his chance of being in Barcelona .

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Update is that he is still rightly banned. , for throwing a”missile ” on the pitch .
The police and club have studied CCTV , and he is appearing in court on those charges , Not on racially aggravated charges.
If you see the game , and from friends there , when Aubu ( his nickname cause no one can spell it correctly) Scored , the person who was celebrating and taunting the Spurs fans was Bellerin , then there’s a picture of 4 Goons , all we’re white .
So whilst this 53 year old grandfather from Greek Cypriot background was beyond stupid for throwing anything , it was not a rascist incident , and that will be proved in court ( unless my friends are lying and the picture I’ve seen , don’t cohoberate it) , I bet if Bellerin had scored the goal and the same incident happened , it wouldn’t even have been reported with any Rascist undertones .
The reason I say he was stupid is that the banana had been eaten by a young boy and the skin discarded . So Aubu Scored , Bellerin started celebrating and he though , what can I throw , ah yes , I ll throw that skin , he’s 53 , so to bend down , pick it up and throw , must have taken at least 5 seconds ., and he’s put our club into turmoil , he’s lost his ST hat has probably taken 10-20 years to get enough points to go to this game and obviously also lost his chance of being in Barcelona .
Mate the problem isn't that he is a 53 year old Greek Cypriot grandfather with a ton of multi coloured kids...in modern society and at a club like Spurs that is targetted by other ultra right wing fans - like Lazio, Chelsea, West Ham and in eastern Europe, we cannot have what appear to be double standards. The media of course will go for maximum effect and a banana skin is about a brilliant story as they could wish for. It was solely him who decided in the heat of the moment that the right thing to do was search around for an object to throw, and it was a banana skin. It doesn't matter if he's a gay, black, 84 year old with one leg from Wales, he's in the wrong. Bad luck, got caught take the consequences. It's the only way to sort this out, same as the racists at Chelsea. Their lives will hopefully be very miserable now and may well result in losing their jobs, imagine if Sterling was your own son. This is 2018, not the era Oswald Moseley black shirts.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Mate the problem isn't that he is a 53 year old Greek Cypriot grandfather with a ton of multi coloured kids...in modern society and at a club like Spurs that is targetted by other ultra right wing fans - like Lazio, Chelsea, West Ham and in eastern Europe, we cannot have what appear to be double standards. The media of course will go for maximum effect and a banana skin is about a brilliant story as they could wish for. It was solely him who decided in the heat of the moment that the right thing to do was search around for an object to throw, and it was a banana skin. It doesn't matter if he's a gay, black, 84 year old with one leg from Wales, he's in the wrong. Bad luck, got caught take the consequences. It's the only way to sort this out, same as the racists at Chelsea. Their lives will hopefully be very miserable now and may well result in losing their jobs, imagine if Sterling was your own son. This is 2018, not the era Oswald Moseley black shirts.

Let’s see what the courts say , they’ll have all the facts . I’m just updating on what I’ve heard , and seen , cause no one had updated since the incident and more facts are known
The stupidity of throwing something is not in dispute and he deserves a fan for that . I don’t think it was a Rascist incident from what I’ve seen .
The picture at the top has Aubu in the scene , but it wasn’t thrown at him .

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The picture at the top has Aubu in the scene , but it wasn’t thrown at him .
That might be true, and heat of the moment and strong regrets and everything else, but ultimately that isn't the point.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Doesnt matter if it was a mango,banana,lighter,coin,bottle,chest of draws,he admits throwing a missile on to the field of play.We all know if we did that and were caught what would happen.I am pretty feisty.especially when close to the pitch,dont mind a bit of verbal,hand gestures,I have never ever considered throwing any kind of missile,even when Allison scored in extra time in front of us in the cup semi final at WHL.
He wont get custodial unless he has major priors,but he will lose his ST,probably get a football banning order for x amount of years,maybe lifetime from NWHL?a fine and criminal record.I am no angel,but if I wouldnt do it,then anyone cant complain when they are sanctioned when caught doing it,however severe the punishment.Stupid idiotic issues like this are why we cant legally stand or drink beer insight of the pitch,pay stupid security and police costs,which the club pay via us.I dont feel sorry for him even if bellerin had rubbed a picture of his mum on his crotch shouting "who`s your daddy now",no justification for throwing anything ever.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Stupidity like that, whatever the motivation, needs to be punished.

Plus, call me cynical, but the "I went to throw something at a football match and unfortunately all I could grab was the exact item so often thrown at black players by racists at football matches that its become a cliche" excuse is a little dubious to me. I do hope it proves true though.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If this dildo was a kid and not a 'lifelong Spurs supporter' then maybe we could have let him know what it was like back in the day when people thought it was funny and acceptable to racially abuse players by throwing banana skins at them. We could give him the benefit of the doubt, he wasn't there, he hadn't seen it, he could have then made a public apology and bunged a few quid to charity and we could have all moved on.

This bloke is 57, he knows what used to happen - so no fucking excuses.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Who the fuck brings a banana to a stadium?

Seriously.

Who are these people?
You have obviously never seen the packed lunches Mrs D sends me off with. Bananas, Peperonis (red of course),sandwiches, biscuits, cakes, snack bars, more bananas - you can never have enough bananas, they're farking luvverly. Although I have taken many bananas to many matches I have never thrown the skins at anybody, because although I am a total cunt, I am not a racist cunt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Some folks seem to think the banana skin issue is not a big deal, political correctness gone mad etc. I think it IS a big deal. Loads of us will remember when we laughed at TV shows like 'Love Thy Neighbour', and 'Till Death Do Us Part'. Pakki-bashing and Queer-bashing were seen as amusing. Abusing foreigners was not taken seriously. No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish - anybody remember that? I do.

There are people in society who would love to roll back the advances we have made, they are older now so join groups like the Tory party, UKIP and the FLA and pretend they are patriots. They pine for the good old days when everybody was the same as them and anybody who didn't fit in could fuck off.

I don't want to see the return of those 'good old days', because they were crap. Throw the book at racists, even if some of their best friends are black/gay/muslim/Sikh or whatever old bollocks they come out with to prove they are not.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Throwing anything onto the pitch is wrong.

That said, of all the debris this guy could have picked up and thrown he just coincidentally picked up and threw a banana skin, just after a black guy had scored?

I am not sure that I am buying the excuse that this was not racially motivated.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can I add if you openly or covertly justify this in any way.... you are an even bigger cunt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46607199

The Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin during the north London derby at Arsenal has been banned from football for four years and fined.

The banana skin was thrown from the away end when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored for the Gunners, who won 4-2.

Averof Panteli, 57, admitted throwing it but denied there was a racial element to his action.

But court ruled: "It was a targeted gesture to throw a banana skin after a goal was scored by a black player."

Magistrate Mervyn Mandell added: "We have in the circumstances found the racial element was there."

Van driver Panteli was fined £500, which was increased by £100 for the racial element, and told to pay £135 in costs.

Panteli was identified on CCTV and the court heard that, after being detained by a steward, he said: "It wasn't a racial thing it just happened."

Reactions: Yid
Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Football stadiums, where abhorrent racism, verbal abuse and on occasion, physical abuse is OK, because its just banter.

People who do this maliciously are ignorant, uneducated and thick.

We need more people to point these idiots out while in the ground and then the stewards need to eject then immediately*

*Obviously this is direct and intended abuse. Calling Ben Davies a fucking idiot after loosing the ball under your breathe to another fan cannot be policed.

Reactions: Yid
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46607199

The Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin during the north London derby at Arsenal has been banned from football for four years and fined.

The banana skin was thrown from the away end when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored for the Gunners, who won 4-2.

Averof Panteli, 57, admitted throwing it but denied there was a racial element to his action.

But court ruled: "It was a targeted gesture to throw a banana skin after a goal was scored by a black player."

Magistrate Mervyn Mandell added: "We have in the circumstances found the racial element was there."

Van driver Panteli was fined £500, which was increased by £100 for the racial element, and told to pay £135 in costs.

Panteli was identified on CCTV and the court heard that, after being detained by a steward, he said: "It wasn't a racial thing it just happened."

Wow , I’m surprised they thought after all the evidence shown it had racial connotations , despite it not being lobbed anywhere near Abu , but because he scored .
I’m happy to accept the decision , and glad he was banned for 4 years .
However Unless he has to report every match day at Half time at his local police station it will Not be enforceable , apart from sold out games and European matches

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Wow , I’m surprised they thought after all the evidence shown it had racial connotations , despite it not being lobbed anywhere near Abu , but because he scored .
I’m happy to accept the decision , and glad he was banned for 4 years .
However Unless he has to report every match day at Half time at his local police station it will Not be enforceable , apart from sold out games and European matches

Yes, I have often wondered how such “bannings” are enforced. His membership will obviously be cancelled (if he has one). But it would be virtually impossible to stop him going to a match on a general sale ticket or if someone else offered up their membership option.