By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Title Race

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Is it really a race? I have not had any thoughts of winning the title so far this season, but with Chelsea slipping up and us closing the gap to seven points some folks have been talking about 'the race'. The stupid media only seem to talk about the scum and city being in this race, yeah right, like the scum have a chance! How grumpy would they be if we did actually win?

In previous Premiership history there have been 7 occasions where a team has been on 69 points or more after 29 games, six of these seven have gone on to win the title, but in 2012, Manchester United only made it to 2nd after being on 70 points after 29 games, so there is a precedent for 'the impossible' to happen. 2012 was the year that City won the Premiership in the last seconds of the season, on goal difference. We are only one behind the chavs on GD, so maybe, just maybe.....

I would not be remotely grumpy if we didn't win the title this year, as I said I have never thought we would this season, early in the season it looked like City had it sewn up, Pep was the dog's bollocks and they were odds on will all the bookies, then the chavs took over and they are now the nailed on favourites. Nothing is guaranteed in football and who knows, with a couple of results going our way in the next few days there could really be a race. Whatever happens it adds a bit of excitement to what is already a great season for us.

Will Costa go mental again and Hazard get the screaming hump? I hope so, but I'm not putting any of my money on it.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I think we'll know if there will be a title race by 10pm on Wednesday. I'm not too excited, for all intents and purposes we need them to stumble three times without us making a mistake... I think I'd actually prefer they drew on with City, because if City won that could bring them right back into the mixer. All in all, I think we'll probably need the help of Drawchester United... but the fixture list Chelsea have is actually pretty mean.

Woolwich have thirty points available, and have an eighteen point deficit to first. It's 'possible'... but if you look at it, Chelsea could drop to averaging a point a game for the last nine games, and there would still be a good chance they could finish above Woolwich... in that case Chelsea would get 78, and the max they could get would be 81. It's actually scary how far Chelsea are above them in that regard.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
9 points in our next three and 5 for Chavs would make it pretty interesting...but their run in is piss easy and ours isnt

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
If we can get within 4 points on Wednesday is on......

Anyone dreaming of the double?

COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If we can get within 4 points on Wednesday is on......

Anyone dreaming of the double?

COYS
I would be quite happy to win one or the other. Whatever happens this season has so far been even more brilliant than the last. We have outperformed last year so far and played even better, in spite of suffering significant injuries. The only let down has been Champions league and Wembley, another first for Poch and Players, so next year we'll probably win the CL.

God luck lads, it's been great watching this year again and quite unbelieveable compared to some of the stuff that used to happen in the bad old days, which at the time didn't seem that bad. COYS Keep going.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Might change my expectations of Utd beating chelsea based on tonight

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Drawchester United, at home... and you predicted them to win. Cray cray!

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with all these people dismissing Chelsea's loss to Palace by saying how Chelsea battered Palace, should've had a penalty and, on another day, could've scored 4.

Well, Chelsea not scoring is NOT why they lost. They DID score, in fact they actually scored first, took the lead and STILL lost!

Chelsea lost the game because, for a while now, they've not been keeping clean sheets and, sooner or later, you will have a game where you don't score as much as you feel you deserve. Against Palace Chelsea conceded TWICE, against a Palace team who find it really hard to score! THAT'S why they lost.

Everyone has been lambasting Man Utd for dominating teams but not finding a way to score, but when Chelsea do it everyone says how it doesn't matter because "Chelsea played well"!

What is with this Chelsea love-in? People need to say it how it is, as good as they keep telling us Chelsea defend, they cannot keep clean sheets and, when that happens, you start to drop points.

Rather then dismiss the Palace result as "a flash in the pan", I see as symptomatic of a defence which has papered over cracks for quite a while.

Look, if it had happened against a top 6 team, where Chelsea had "battered" them but couldn't quite find a way, then perhaps I'd understand why everyone is so quick to leap to their defenders, but it wasn't. It was CRYSTAL PALACE!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with all these people dismissing Chelsea's loss to Palace by saying how Chelsea battered Palace, should've had a penalty and, on another day, could've scored 4.

Well, Chelsea not scoring is NOT why they lost. They DID score, in fact they actually scored first, took the lead and STILL lost!

Chelsea lost the game because, for a while now, they've not been keeping clean sheets and, sooner or later, you will have a game where you don't score as much as you feel you deserve. Against Palace Chelsea conceded TWICE, against a Palace team who find it really hard to score! THAT'S why they lost.

Everyone has been lambasting Man Utd for dominating teams but not finding a way to score, but when Chelsea do it everyone says how it doesn't matter because "Chelsea played well"!

What is with this Chelsea love-in? People need to say it how it is, as good as they keep telling us Chelsea defend, they cannot keep clean sheets and, when that happens, you start to drop points.

Rather then dismiss the Palace result as "a flash in the pan", I see as symptomatic of a defence which has papered over cracks for quite a while.

Look, if it had happened against a top 6 team, where Chelsea had "battered" them but couldn't quite find a way, then perhaps I'd understand why everyone is so quick to leap to their defenders, but it wasn't. It was CRYSTAL PALACE!!
The man u media love in pisses me off more,its so over the top,biggest bunch of failures in the league and yet moses,lvg crucified but now jose gets fluffed up by bbc,sky,bt,its outrageously biased.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
The man u media love in pisses me off more,its so over the top,biggest bunch of failures in the league and yet moses,lvg crucified but now jose gets fluffed up by bbc,sky,bt,its outrageously biased.

Yh, that's true but it depends who you listen too a bit. There are plenty delusional Utd supporters who big them &Jose up despite their floundering, but there are quite a few prepared to tell it like it is too and after Jose's bonkers conferences recently he isn't getting away with it anymore.

Chelsea, on the other hand, I've not heard ANYONE actually prepared to say why they actually lost against Palace.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Lucky, lucky Chelsea. How they escaped with all 3pts I don't know. Chelsea were getting battered & Im still not sure they won't drop points after that performance. People praising their defending, but City were missing open goals from 2yds out ffs

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bournemouth away on Saturday. Not easy

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
This is absolutely huge pressure for our lads and yet they keep on winning. It really is very very impressive. We've pulled away from the chasing pack and have the chavs in our sights, I reckon this is going to the wire

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Bournemouth away on Saturday. Not easy
We're 7pts behind still, just because they didn't drop points v City doesn't mean anything. I think their Away games v Utd and Everton are actually more likely to see points dropped.

People say we have to win EVERY game and they have to lose 3, but that's just not true. If they take 1 point from those 2 away games when we take 6, that drops the gap to 2pts. That's not even 2 losses but only 1 loss and a draw and they're well within sights and the pressure is on. When the gap is 2pts with 5 games to play, they don't need to lose again. A couple draws here and there and that's it. Or 1 loss where we draw.

Anyone who says Chelsea have to lose 3 out of the last 8 and we have to win all of them just doesn't understand football.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Just to add:

Chelsea lose 2-1 to Palace and they all say how great Chelsea and Conte are & they should've battered Palace with all the chances they missed, despite Palace scoring 2 cracking goals.

Then Chelsea win 2-1 but City should've scored at least 3 goals and both Chelsea's goals, even the penalty, were very lucky with the goalkeeper handing it to them in a plate. Likewise the goal they conceded their defenders was all over the shop. However, rather than praise City for how "on another day they win that game", in the same manner they all praise Chelsea for losing to Palace, they still have to gush over the Chavs.

It just feels like no matter what Chelsea do, the pundits get a boner.

They've not kept a clean sheet in 8 games now, and people think Chelsea won't drop points before this season is over?

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I hope Vincent has played enough games to get a title winning medal at the end of the season. ;)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Jose is the new Wenger mate...

He also, is a proper cunt.

Iv never rated the prick as since his Porto days all he has done is spunk unbelievable amounts of cash inevitably pissing off talented players because he thinks he is bugger than them and the club.

Ego maniac prick who I want to tear down that shit house corrupt mega cunt of a club...

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Oh, and we did gain on chelsea tonight . . . Our goal difference is improved.

That might sound silly, but it could be important because, if we do beat Chelsea to the title, it may come down to goal difference!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Flipping it round, you would have expected city to possibly chelsea and chelsa beat palace, so realistically nothing is lost!

I keep saying this we can only win our games and then who knows!

I did like the way ferdinand said chelsea had one hand on the title to be reminded of what happened in 11/12! Citeh were 8 points behind with 6 games left

And then Steve g bless him said its still not cheleas remembering his 5 point lead with 3 games to go

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Flipping it round, you would have expected city to possibly chelsea and chelsa beat palace, so realistically nothing is lost!

I keep saying this we can only win our games and then who knows!

I did like the way ferdinand said chelsea had one hand on the title to be reminded of what happened in 11/12! Citeh were 8 points behind with 6 games left

And then Steve g bless him said its still not cheleas remembering his 5 point lead with 3 games to go
This with bells on.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Chavs are 1/12 we are 9/1 where would you put your money?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Chavs are 1/12 we are 9/1 where would you put your money?
Spurs. You can't buy money.....about 10years ago we were beating United at home 3-0 at half time. Spurs we're about 1/10 on to win the game, someone put 20k on us to win. We lost 5-3....nothings done yet.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Spurs. You can't buy money.....about 10years ago we were beating United at home 3-0 at half time. Spurs we're about 1/10 on to win the game, someone put 20k on us to win. We lost 5-3....nothings done yet.

If there is any team in the world that can lose an almost unloseable game, it's Spurs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This game today worries me,its just a given that we will win from what I have read from media,fans,complacency is our worst enemy if we dont keep looking up and trying to catch chelsea.If we try and just think top 4 finishing above arsenal is done it could bite us on the arse.Just take care of business against watford and bournemouth,maximum effort leave nothing,cos if we think winning is just about turning up it wont be pretty!!
Converesly maybe the chavs will have another palace moment,thinking its all over,hardest job for conte and poch is to keep everyone focused on each match and not looking ahead to semi-finals,finals counting points as in the bag.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This game today worries me,its just a given that we will win from what I have read from media,fans,complacency is our worst enemy if we dont keep looking up and trying to catch chelsea.If we try and just think top 4 finishing above arsenal is done it could bite us on the arse.Just take care of business against watford and bournemouth,maximum effort leave nothing,cos if we think winning is just about turning up it wont be pretty!!
Converesly maybe the chavs will have another palace moment,thinking its all over,hardest job for conte and poch is to keep everyone focused on each match and not looking ahead to semi-finals,finals counting points as in the bag.
You're a right old worry guts at the moment innit. Enjoy today because tomorrow all those nasty tourists are going to arrive on your little lump of paradise. I don't think there's a danger of complacency this season, the Poch won't have it, he won't, he will put his magnificent Argentinian foot down. The young chaps learnt a lot from last season's disappointments and I think they will all know that 100% is the minimum needed in every game, right up till the fat lady sings. There are a lot of fat ladies here in Majorca, luckily they are not singing, it's funny seeing the mobility scooters for hire alongside bicycles for the fat cunts who have self-inflicted diabetes. We went for a stroll to the market yesterday, the rep didn't tell anyone it was 5 miles away, uphill, half of them only made it to the nearest cafe, me and Mrs D walked all the way there and back again, she is always fit and healthy but I had fucking surgery 2 weeks ago, I suppose I lost some weight because my gall bladder and all them stones are gone now, but fe fecks fecking sake if I can walk 10 miles then these fucking 30 year olds should be able to jog the fucker, fat lazy cunts.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You're a right old worry guts at the moment innit. Enjoy today because tomorrow all those nasty tourists are going to arrive on your little lump of paradise. I don't think there's a danger of complacency this season, the Poch won't have it, he won't, he will put his magnificent Argentinian foot down. The young chaps learnt a lot from last season's disappointments and I think they will all know that 100% is the minimum needed in every game, right up till the fat lady sings. There are a lot of fat ladies here in Majorca, luckily they are not singing, it's funny seeing the mobility scooters for hire alongside bicycles for the fat cunts who have self-inflicted diabetes. We went for a stroll to the market yesterday, the rep didn't tell anyone it was 5 miles away, uphill, half of them only made it to the nearest cafe, me and Mrs D walked all the way there and back again, she is always fit and healthy but I had fucking surgery 2 weeks ago, I suppose I lost some weight because my gall bladder and all them stones are gone now, but fe fecks fecking sake if I can walk 10 miles then these fucking 30 year olds should be able to jog the fucker, fat lazy cunts.
Mate being worried is my lucky charm this year,like you starting the OMT,or Don turning up at half time or FUWolf never going to a game....I havent changed my pants for 3 months now o_Oo_O

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
I hope Vincent has played enough games to get a title winning medal at the end of the season. ;)

Yes, he has.

In fact, since they reduced the required amount of appearances a few years back from 10 to just 5 (including substitutes) every single player in our squad who has made a 1st team appearance in the League will get a medal, including:

Michel Vorm
Kevin Wimmer
GK N'Koudou

And EVEN young Josh Onomah!

In fact, the only player who wouldn't get one is Tommy Carroll, sadly, but he's not here anymore, so.....

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Come on Bournemouth!!

It's very strange now we're a "big" team fighting for titles, rather than languishing in mediocrity. I don't think I've ever supported as many teams other than Spurs than I have in these past 2 seasons.

Of course, a few years back I was a Bayern fan for a day (which may've been counter-productive as all that goodwill from N17 made the Germans turn all "Spursy"),but they don't really count as they're not a Prem team.

I do usually support anyone playing against Arsenal, but if that's Chelsea or Spam, etc, I just can't bring myself to "supporting" anyone without feeling sick.

However, I'm prepared to sink to any level if it means us winning a title, lol. Today, I'm a Cherry, but if the Chavs were playing West Ham, as dirty as I would feel, I would absolutely be cheering on the Irons ... fk me that feels strange and a little unholy even saying, lol

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
These fat fucks will make me a living my man... let them crack on eating sugar by the pound and drinking excessively.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I've been asked before why I'm watching say, Chelski vs Woolwich... then, 'who do you want to win?' ... 'if it were possible I'd have both lose'