By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Think there is a game today...?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Do you actually think they are though mate...?
No, self entitled bunch of cunts. I have a couple of mates who spent hard earned, going out to support that load of junk. They deserve a bloody medal

Reactions: Yid
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
It’s really no surprise though.

Doesn’t really matter what manager comes in, there’s very little you can do, with the distinct lack of quality in the squad, riddled with players that don’t really give a shit.

I’d happily have Serge, Erik and Toby back, compared to some of the crap that’s been left behind.

Problem is, with every game these fucktards play, whatever value they’ve got, depreciates with every sodding game they play.

Such a mess!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
About as damning a line as you’ll ever hear from a manager, yet it feels like an understatement:

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Sounds like Conte finally realized what he got himself into. We'll be lucky to hang on to him beyond this year.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Sounds like Conte finally realized what he got himself into. We'll be lucky to hang on to him beyond this year.
If we end up dicking him around over transfers then I can absolutely see him walking. And he won't be shy in saying why he walked as well. The only thing is, I can't see us doing anything dramatic in January purely because clubs aren't going to want to part with their best players midway through the season.

But if we can start to ship out the deadwood then it would at least be a start. Sanchez certainly needs to be the first out of the door.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Skipp only player who showed any grit and determination, but when your 10 other mates can't pass to each other and aren't bothered there's not much hope.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I can't see us doing anything dramatic in January purely because clubs aren't going to want to part with their best players midway through the season.

But if we can start to ship out the deadwood then it would at least be a start.
For me, we're past buying other teams top players to improve us... we're so far off that level where a player who stands out at a mid/lower level club or a top player from a less prestigious league would come to us and add marginal gains.

We're looking for players who want to be that top player. Players who maybe haven't settled and who are raw and untested at the top level.

We've become that stepping stone to joining a Utd, Liverpool, West Ham...!!! Again.

We've slipped back to the 90's when the likes of Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Keane, Cuntbell all moved from us, to more prestigious teams.

Only way back out now is with huge injections of cash, a reform of the wage structure and recruitment policy because that organic growth model will be blown out of the water by clubs with so much buying power that they'll buy players to ensure they are not challenged.

Business masterstroke from Levy.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
For me, we're past buying other teams top players to improve us... we're so far off that level where a player who stands out at a mid/lower level club or a top player from a less prestigious league would come to us and add marginal gains.

We're looking for players who want to be that top player. Players who maybe haven't settled and who are raw and untested at the top level.

We've become that stepping stone to joining a Utd, Liverpool, West Ham...!!! Again.

We've slipped back to the 90's when the likes of Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Keane, Cuntbell all moved from us, to more prestigious teams.

Only way back out now is with huge injections of cash, a reform of the wage structure and recruitment policy because that organic growth model will be blown out of the water by clubs with so much buying power that they'll buy players to ensure they are not challenged.

Business masterstroke from Levy.
Wise words as usual. I do often wonder if Levy ever has the self awareness to actually sit there and think "I've really fucked this up haven't i ?".

But then I do think we've got some raw talent already - Rodon, Gil, Clarke and maybe Sessegnon as well so maybe that's something to build on.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Wise words as usual. I do often wonder if Levy ever has the self awareness to actually sit there and think "I've really fucked this up haven't i ?".

But then I do think we've got some raw talent already - Rodon, Gil, Clarke and maybe Sessegnon as well so maybe that's something to build on.
Ahhhhh, that's what optimism looks like.... its been so long I have forgotten...!!!

Lol mate, maybe I've reached that point in my life where I think everything is shit and everyone is a cunt...

Alf Garnet 2.0...!!!

I do agree that there's still a glimmer.... its fucking hard to see it after that shit last night though bud...

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I only saw the final 15 - 20 mins of last night's game.

How bad was the first half?
Was Sess an idiot in getting those 2 yellows or was he simply over exuberant when finally getting a chance to play & trying to impress?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I only saw the final 15 - 20 mins of last night's game.

How bad was the first half?
Was Sess an idiot in getting those 2 yellows or was he simply over exuberant when finally getting a chance to play & trying to impress?
Professional foul 15 mins in, probably not necessary but the man broke the press and Sess brought him down. As he should. Then a sloppy tackle. Borderline, but studs up. Deffo not necessary.

I'm perpetually optimistic about da yout, and am given to loudly proclaiming how patient I am willing to be, but I haven't yet seen a good performance from this prodigy. I desperately want to be wrong, but I just can't see it.

I suppose a red card could go some way toward him shaking off the oft-bruited accusation that he's not assertive enough. But it was a pretty soft red, in truth.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Professional foul 15 mins in, probably not necessary but the man broke the press and Sess brought him down. As he should. Then a sloppy tackle. Borderline, but studs up. Deffo not necessary.

I'm perpetually optimistic about da yout, and am given to loudly proclaiming how patient I am willing to be, but I haven't yet seen a good performance from this prodigy. I desperately want to be wrong, but I just can't see it.

I suppose a red card could go some way toward him shaking off the oft-bruited accusation that he's not assertive enough. But it was a pretty soft red, in truth.
@spurious thanks for the reply. Many Spurs fans were praising Sess while at Fulham but I was never sold on him as I saw him as very raw, naïve, & lacking in technical ability & field sense (for prem level). When I watched him at Fulham, he may have done well (stats wise) & was quite athletic but more often than not, he would dribble into dead ends & get lost in blind corners. Not very good in close quarters. Yes he was young but have not seen much improvement since.

Hopefully, because he's now ours, I hope he succeeds but not holding my breath.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Burnley today... a team that works hard, throws themselves into tackles, does the dirty things well.

If its on... it'll be about minus 5 with the wind chill so expect a plethora of snoods and gloves from the players...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Probably for the best, tbh. Still strange that Burnley’s pitch isn’t heated, they’ve been in the league for years now.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Postponed until another day, or are they waiting until it stops falling?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Postponed until another day, or are they waiting until it stops falling?
They'll move it to some week when we've got an FA Cup game and an away trip to Azerbaijan in the Europa Conference

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Wonder if they could have delayed kick off, unless it was going to get worse

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Probably for the best, tbh. Still strange that Burnley’s pitch isn’t heated, they’ve been in the league for years now.
I read somewhere that their pitch is heated but didn't really help matters much

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
They'll move it to some week when we've got an FA Cup game and an away trip to Azerbaijan in the Europa Conference
First we'd have to progress lol.

Does 3rd place in the ECL drop into some other wimpy competition like the ACL League where all the players have to play without an "anterior cruciate ligament" in their knees?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I read somewhere that their pitch is heated but didn't really help matters much
Yeah, saw that too. I guess it just fell too quickly. Either way, my comments about crowded fixtures notwithstanding, IMO the more time we get with the manager in training right now the better. I'm seeing accusations of shithousery by Burnley, but why wouldn't they have wanted to play us in the state we were in after Thursday?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I involuntarily stumbled across the comments section of an article headed by a Burnley fan bragging about how hard Dyche is because he went out in his shirtsleeves to inspect the pitch.

I've no love for Burnley, but he's not wrong. If true.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I involuntarily stumbled across the comments section of an article headed by a Burnley fan bragging about how hard Dyche is because he went out in his shirtsleeves to inspect the pitch.

I've no love for Burnley, but he's not wrong. If true.
Why is that 'hard' - he's got dementia that's all and forgot his coat, he was out there less than a minute....