By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

This should be read by every Spurs fan and gutter football "journalist."

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
A good objective read, but who cares about objectivity? I just wanna win something!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
A good objective read, but who cares about objectivity? I just wanna win something!

I'd love to win something too. But if we want to sit at the main table then (in my opinion) we have to prioritise the big trophies. Sure, they are harder to win but are much more important in terms of status and money.

One CL or Premiership trophy is worth every tin pot Carabou Cup in history. The FA Cup is the only domestic cup worth winning, and even then the status of that competition has been diluted over the past couple of decades.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
I don't know if I agree. Even though the Carabao cup is the least prestiges trophy of them all. It's is the best cup memory I have being at Wembley in 2008. It's still rewarded me with a feeling of invincibility beating that Chelsea team which was much superior then us at the time. So yes it maybe a tin pot cup, but the feeling of being at Wembley and lifting something shiney Infront of the likes of John Terry was still something I won't forgot and will live with me. (Albeit I was only 16 then, never less a great child hood memory) Yes UCL, Prem and FA cups are historically and currently the main target, but for a the young and even the old, if we went off and beat another rival in Carabao cup final, it would still feel damn good.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't know if I agree. Even though the Carabao cup is the least prestiges trophy of them all. It's is the best cup memory I have being at Wembley in 2008. It's still rewarded me with a feeling of invincibility beating that Chelsea team which was much superior then us at the time. So yes it maybe a tin pot cup, but the feeling of being at Wembley and lifting something shiney Infront of the likes of John Terry was still something I won't forgot and will live with me. (Albeit I was only 16 then, never less a great child hood memory) Yes UCL, Prem and FA cups are historically and currently the main target, but for a the young and even the old, if we went off and beat another rival in Carabao cup final, it would still feel damn good.
Of course. All this bollocks about prioritising competitions and tinpot cups gets on my thrupnies. If we compete in any tournament the aim must be to win the bugger, we haven't won anything since the great day you are talking about - lets' walk fast before we take on Usain Bolt eh? We need to get a winning mentality back, a couple of League Cups, the FA Cup, then we can talk about the PL title and the Champions League realistically.

Having said that, this season the FA and League cups are shite, pony, tinpot cups - because we are not involved anymore.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Of course. All this bollocks about prioritising competitions and tinpot cups gets on my thrupnies. If we compete in any tournament the aim must be to win the bugger, we haven't won anything since the great day you are talking about - lets' walk fast before we take on Usain Bolt eh? We need to get a winning mentality back, a couple of League Cups, the FA Cup, then we can talk about the PL title and the Champions League realistically.

Having said that, this season the FA and League cups are shite, pony, tinpot cups - because we are not involved anymore.
Couldn't of worded it any better. A winning mentality is something we really do lack and that is what makes me scratch my head when our players get linked to the world's super clubs. This is something they would need to nail into the mentality

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Well we won the League Cup in 2008. It didn't exactly instill a "winning mentality" at that time.

We are mentally stronger now yet have won nothing (yet) with this squad. The notion that if we win one domestic cup, we will have a new stronger mentality is a myth. Swansea, Middlesborough, Birmingham, Spurs and Liverpool have all won this trophy over the past 15 years. Not one of those sides has won anything since. Three of them have been relegated.

Portsmouth and Wigan have both won the FA Cup in the past dozen years. Wigan are in a relegation battle in the Championship and Portsmouth are down another level.

Sure, you take any trophy on offer but the idea that once we win one trophy the floodgates will open is tenuous at best. And with our fairly thin squad, my opinion is that we need to prioritise. Let's say we go on and win the title this season...well, it would be fair to say that being out of at least one of the domestic cups won't have done our chances any harm.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." Bill Nicholson.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We're consistently performing better in all comps... I don't love loosing any fucking game... where we are at is way better than where we was... and not as good as where we will be.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
We're consistently performing better in all comps... I don't love loosing any fucking game... where we are at is way better than where we was... and not as good as where we will be.
Because we’ve never lost semis before ?? Must having imagined us freezing our plums off at the pompy one then? The poor youth team around us the language lol

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Because we’ve never lost semis before ?? Must having imagined us freezing our plums off at the pompy one then? The poor youth team around us the language lol
Exactly mate.... we had been utter shit for a long time, we're now fucking great.

Those days were few, now it's a reasonably common one.

And yeah little cunts got an education that day.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
The days with no expectation were much easier lol

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
My real semi-final Spurs heart ache started with a 4-1 loss against Everton in 1995, I’ve seen every one since. Including the fucking early kick offs at Elland Road and Old Trafford. One day soon that will change.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
My real semi-final Spurs heart ache started with a 4-1 loss against Everton in 1995, I’ve seen every one since. Including the fucking early kick offs at Elland Road and Old Trafford. One day soon that will change.
that sol handball was the fucking worst.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Ah so we need to stop you attending semi finals , and we will be ok , starting with this Wednesday 😂😂I’ll see you out there ,. Now I know how Charlie Bucket felt with his golden ticket 👍

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
00202668-BAC6-4DC4-9228-FC66F4559F4D.png