By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tim Sherwood

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Let's see how he spins this.

SHERWOOD LEAVES SWINDON

Former Tottenham and Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has left Swindon following their relegation to the bottom tier of the English Football League.

Sherwood was appointed director of football at the County Ground last November, brought in by owner Lee Power, a long-standing personal friend.

Asked about 48-year-old Sherwood, Power said: "Tim's gone." And his response was similar regarding the club's director of football role, saying: "That's gone."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
None of this effects his win % I believe .

Not a fan,thanks for your work timmy,but IMO a blagger with low people skills,if saluting one of the biggest mercenary scum buckets to play for spurs is his tools then I am done here!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Dick head - Article from April this year.

Swindon Town director of football Tim Sherwood says he does not regard his role at the County Ground as a job.

The former Aston Villa and Tottenham manager was given total control of footballing matters when he arrived in Wiltshire in November, with Robins owner Lee Power saying at the time that his arrival was 'one of the biggest appointments this club has ever made'.

Sherwood was unable to improve results, however, and earlier this year it was announced that he had toned down his responsibilities at the club, with head coach Luke Williams once again put in charge of training sessions and team selection.

On Saturday, Swindon were relegated to the bottom tier of the EFL having won just seven of the 31 games during their Sherwood's tenure.

The ex-Blackburn captain, speaking on Sky Sports, intimated that his work at the club was a favour for Swindon owner and close friend Power.

'It wasn't a job, for me. I helped him out. I wasn't getting paid to do it,' he said.

'I was in there to try to put some deals together, to try to find some players for him. I managed to do it but unfortunately it wasn't good enough in the end.

'I went in to try to recruit them some players in January - they were already in a bit of a mess - to see if I could get them out of trouble. I managed to bring in seven players but unfortunately it wasn't good enough.'

When quizzed about his side's disastrous slump into League Two, the 48-year-old pinned the blame on his players and landlords Swindon Borough Council, whom the club believe should be footing the bill for much-needed repairs on their dilapidated stadium.

'To move that club on it needs some help from the local authorities, the infrastructure needs working on,' Sherwood said.

'He (Power) has bought a training ground and he's going to build it and try to put some real foundations in place there but the ground is in the same state as when Kammy (Chris Kamara) would have played there. They really do need help.

'Like Brighton have shown, if you get some help you can move the club on.

'They've taken a step backwards but I think he's passionate. If the players were as passionate and had the drive of the owner and the chairman then they wouldn't be relegated.'

Sherwood, who has not given an interview to any local media outlets since the press conference staged to announce his arrival, sparked supporters' anger by missing the local derby with Oxford. He also served a two-game stadium ban following a foul-mouthed rant at a referee and on Sunday remained non-committal about his future as fans' ire towards both himself and Power grows.

'I don't know yet. I went in there in that period just to help him out in the short term. For four weeks I was in there every day and then I've been at a few games since that time,' he said.

'It's a real shame because over the last month or two the fans have been fantastic. I've been to a few of the away games and the travelling support have really tried to galvanise the team but unfortunately everyone has fallen short.'

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Hahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahaahaha

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Haven't been on for a few weeks lads but ...................

his managerial career hasn't really kicked on has it. Always somebody elses fault

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Read one journo who said Tim Sherwood is the personification of autofellatio. Going onto say He's consistently dishonest, unimaginably unlikeable, perversely self-obsessed and spectacularly arrogant.

Lovely words!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Read one journo who said Tim Sherwood is the personification of autofellatio. Going onto say He's consistently dishonest, unimaginably unlikeable, perversely self-obsessed and spectacularly arrogant.

Lovely words!
That evening on sky when he said about spurs fans singing soldado`s name and we didnt want kane playing,he has no idea about our fans and support does he?He really believes his own shite,we only want expensive foreign players he said,twat literally doesnt get how much andros,mason,livermore,rose,kane,winks means to the supporters however inadequate they maybe seen to be.All he did was steady us through a dozen or so games,dropped out EL,lost the only NLD i have seen us lose in a decent time at the lane,got villa in relegation mode and now as DoF relegated swindon.Its hardly like he`s Allegri or even Pardew FFS.The more he spouts the more i dislike this football equivalent of Trump.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
That evening on sky when he said about spurs fans singing soldado`s name and we didnt want kane playing,he has no idea about our fans and support does he?He really believes his own shite,we only want expensive foreign players he said,twat literally doesnt get how much andros,mason,livermore,rose,kane,winks means to the supporters however inadequate they maybe seen to be.All he did was steady us through a dozen or so games,dropped out EL,lost the only NLD i have seen us lose in a decent time at the lane,got villa in relegation mode and now as DoF relegated swindon.Its hardly like he`s Allegri or even Pardew FFS.The more he spouts the more i dislike this football equivalent of Trump.

Agreed mate, I didn't mind him at first, largely coz instincts tell you not to malign anyone at your club until they become detrimental to the club or they become a cunt.

He undermined Avb, there are a few out there that didn't care much for Avb, so maybe take a wide berth on that one but then he became a self indulgent cunt and has remained a cunt ever since!!