By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Toffees (A) FAC Weds 10th Feb 20;15

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Lloris - 6 - a couple of nice saves, probably could have done a bit better on the Calvert Lewin strike.
Doherty - 5 - one cracking square ball to Son, otherwise a pretty average game.
Sanchez - 7 - a brace but lost his man on a number of occasions. Did some good defensive work though.
Alderweireld - 6 - did ok, I can't see too much fault for any of their goals.
Davies - 5 - vanilla, always vanilla. Did ok.
Hojbjerg - 5 - one of his worst outings in a Spurs shirt. Broke up play well but gave away a dubious penalty and was directly at fault for their opener.
N'dombele - 5 - not his best outing.
Lamela - 9 - did everything but drag us over the line. Great performance. Should not have been subbed.
Moura - 5 - works hard, gives too much ball away.
Son - 6 - lovely little cross for the Kane goal.
Bergwijn - 6 - thought he was pretty good.

Dele - 3 - nup, did nothing other than one good defensive header.
Kane - 6 - took his goal well but butchered one that he should have buried.
Sissoko - 6 - cover for Doherty, hard to rate.
Vinicius - 4 - did nothing of note.
Winks - 2 - culpable for their winner and then tried to be a hero on the odd occasion he wasn't coughing up the ball.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
In fairness, if there's ever a right way then THAT'S the way I want us to be knocked out of the cup. Great game, end to end. Throw everything at it and leave it on the pitch... Great to see for a change.

Yep, we may as well go down swinging...the Spurs way.

But what will happen now is that Mourinho will blame defensive errors and compromise our creativity to shore up the other end of the pitch.

So, enjoy the entertainment whilst it lasts people, because there is no way Mourinho will not make major adjustments after that.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Lloris - 6 - a couple of nice saves, probably could have done a bit better on the Calvert Lewin strike.
Doherty - 5 - one cracking square ball to Son, otherwise a pretty average game.
Sanchez - 7 - a brace but lost his man on a number of occasions. Did some good defensive work though.
Alderweireld - 6 - did ok, I can't see too much fault for any of their goals.
Davies - 5 - vanilla, always vanilla. Did ok.
Hojbjerg - 5 - one of his worst outings in a Spurs shirt. Broke up play well but gave away a dubious penalty and was directly at fault for their opener.
N'dombele - 5 - not his best outing.
Lamela - 9 - did everything but drag us over the line. Great performance. Should not have been subbed.
Moura - 5 - works hard, gives too much ball away.
Son - 6 - lovely little cross for the Kane goal.
Bergwijn - 6 - thought he was pretty good.

Dele - 3 - nup, did nothing other than one good defensive header.
Kane - 6 - took his goal well but butchered one that he should have buried.
Sissoko - 6 - cover for Doherty, hard to rate.
Vinicius - 4 - did nothing of note.
Winks - 2 - culpable for their winner and then tried to be a hero on the odd occasion he wasn't coughing up the ball.
Agreed with the assessment above.

PEH - he's been superb for us & even better than I initially thought he would be so a revelation for me. Today, unfortunately, wasn't his best day given his 2 "giveaways". Having said that, still did so much to be rated better than many.

Moura - he's one of those players that has depended too much on his speed & thus spent less time honing his skills. His touch is quite questionable especially in tight spaces.

Lamela - what a fiend & workhorse he is out there. He & Ndombele were our creative forces. There was still so much fight in him, so yeah, why take him off?! He's also a pretty good penalty taker.

Ndombele - I don't care how gassed he was, keep him on because, even if he's standing still, they can't get the ball off him. Standing still, he's better than Winks

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Based on what.........? He has done the sum total of fuck all since his return.

Not disputing that but if he was ever going to show what he's capable of it was today given there was so much space & end to end action as both sides were stretched at times.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Seems Maureen is asking the same question:

So he’s a fucking hypochondriac.

What a precious, delicate flower. Half a million quid a week or something? Fuck off.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
So he’s a fucking hypochondriac.

What a precious, delicate flower. Half a million quid a week or something? Fuck off.
I take Mourinho's version of anything with a pinch of salt, but this was kinda reminiscent of some of the stories surrounding Bale at Madrid. But then again, it also reminds me of the times he's thrown legit injured players under the bus, so who the hell knows

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I take Mourinho's version of anything with a pinch of salt, but this was kinda reminiscent of some of the stories surrounding Bale at Madrid. But then again, it also reminds me of the times he's thrown legit injured players under the bus, so who the hell knows

Yep, point taken and I wouldn't trust Mourinho to tell the truth if his life depended upon it.

That said, Gareth is hardly yelling out to play. He's not done anything since being back at Spurs that suggests that he is even remotely interested in football at all. As long as he gets his rather inflated pay cheque every week, he seems happy. And it is now damaging his Tottenham legacy in my humble opinion.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't think even Moron-io can be criticised for the substitutions, the players coming off were fucking dead on their feet, knackered, at last players giving it all. I would rather lose in a game like that than win those fucking awful 1-0 borefests. That was an epic game and blaming anybody for the loss would only be done by Cunty McCuntface. It was an FA cup game and shit like that happens in FA cup games.

If we could play with that sort of energy every game then we would be unstoppable even with the players who are not at the same level as our best blokes like Dele, Winks, Doherty and usually Sanchez the nearly hero last night.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
That's the first Spurs game I've enjoyed in ages. We've still got some real quality in the squad, but also a few gaping holes. Can't blame Mourinho tonight. OK, I will anyway.
This is right, fantastic game and shit happens, especially to us, remember City beating us at the Lane 4-3 from 3-0 down with 10 men??? yep this was way better than that. last night reminded me a bit of the 80's and Hoddle teams, some real genius surrounded by some real dross. If you keep giving the ball away you'll get punished and that's pretty much what happened. But we showed so much more energy and desire than we have done pre West Brom. Some of the players need to be moved on in time because we need more quality but a highly entertaining evening and I have to say that Lamela has seemingly re-energised the team. He can use all the mascara he wants if he continues to drive things forward, well played.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We definitely have the quality to play fluid attacking football, and I honestly don’t really question the desire on the part of the players. But this game was perfectly set up to bring it out in that we were always having to chase it because they kept scoring. It’s all too predictable that Mourinho will respond to this performance by doubling down on the negativity, especially with Man City next.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We definitely have the quality to play fluid attacking football, and I honestly don’t really question the desire on the part of the players. But this game was perfectly set up to bring it out in that we were always having to chase it because they kept scoring. It’s all too predictable that Mourinho will respond to this performance by doubling down on the negativity, especially with Man City next.
Unfortunately that's the only way to play against City, Leicester are the masters at it and won 5-2 earlier this season by taking about 5 of six chances, we took 2 out of about 4 at the Lane earlier this year too. I don't mind the tactic twice a season, but there's no fucking excuse for doing the same against, Palace, Fulham, Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, etc. Even allowing for a couple of draws in that lot we'd still be 6 points better off.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Didnt see the game. From what I’ve read it was at least enjoyable to watch and we haven’t had that in a long time.

Winks out. Skipp in.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didnt see the game. From what I’ve read it was at least enjoyable to watch and we haven’t had that in a long time.

Winks out. Skipp in.
Winks has massively gone backwards under this cunt. Not apportioning blame, just making a statement.

The shocking thing is, is that he isn't the worse. Dele has gone from way better to even shitter...

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Can I chime in with an observation.

We played fantastic, sharp incisive football for pretty much most of the first half (wobbly 10mins aside).

2nd half Harry came on, the tempo dropped considerably and we started dropping off, coincidence or part of the problem? 😬

Just sayin'

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Good observation... H needs to fuck off up front and leave all the footballing to others....

They however, ain't as good at it as he is... which is why he gets frustrated and driops in...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Can I chime in with an observation.

We played fantastic, sharp incisive football for pretty much most of the first half (wobbly 10mins aside).

2nd half Harry came on, the tempo dropped considerably and we started dropping off, coincidence or part of the problem? 😬

Just sayin'
he creates a different dynamic, very skilful, sees everything, but doesn't have the pace...

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
he creates a different dynamic, very skilful, sees everything, but doesn't have the pace...
We saw what is capable with someone up top setting the pace up tempo (so to speak),there is no doubting Kane's quality but when do we start to think the lack of pace is holding us back?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
A lot of these points RE: Kane are interesting, and I'd argue they really all point to a lack of a plan (beyond just having Son and Kane do what they do) in attack. There really is no attacking system.