By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tottenham Hotspur - All or Nothing

• Thread starter The Cryptkeeper
  • Start date
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Watched 3 episodes last night back to back...

First one was emotional, it was sad seeing Poch so lost and almost lonely. Those players, especially Rose, Streaky and to a lesser extent Toby fucked him. Levy is a smarmy, medling, ego maniac who does not like being notnin complete control. How this manager will operate under those conditions could be utterly explosive... how Poch coped for so long.... i don't know.

And then the Jose Mourinhio show started... in all honesty I don't see this magical inspriarion from a seasoned winning manager. I see a man who uses soundbites to morivate and hides behind his "honesty" as a way to denigrate an individual in order to elicit an element of fear and therfore control over the majoriry. Looks like Serge was the target for this treatment.

The side seems disconnected, unconcerned and in all honesty not a cohesive unit. Toby signed a new deal foe security, not ambition. Streaky left and woulsnt reconsider under any circumstances, Kane stands out as a solitary weak voice of desire that is extinguished with the smallest of disappointments on or off the field... its fascinating to watch in an absolutely horrific way. I believe it shows this club in a terrible light and shows that it is a sterile business where the off field and on field activities are not given the same level of management or investment.

I'm gonna keep watching but I don't expect ro see anything new, unique or inspiring.

For me it's Nothing as opposed ro All.
Still haven't started watching, haven't got the appetite atm

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Finished it last night... in all honesty it's a steaming pile of tripe.

As I said before, the first episode trys to show the downward spiral and eventual downfall of Poch and his teams in about 30 mins. There is absolutely no context behind it and it simply looks like since the CL final the players and Poch are shell shocked and out of ideas. There's a little bit with Levy trying ro justify his position and about how difficult it is to get players etc, and then the Mourinhio show starts.

The next 5 episodes are him calling them cunts (didn't mind that bit),him telling them they are too nice, him alternating between digging out Serge and Dele, and the physios constantly trying to patch up our thin as fuck squad. Oh and far far too much Levy... in and about the club everywhere and into and around everything.

Soz but any manager having their boss breathing down their neck quite literally to that extent, would eventually loose patience.

It hasn't given me an insight, other than what pampered cunts these players are. It has confirmed that this team including all the superstars needs dismantling and a new one building in its place and that the club I supported has gone to be replaced by something dont recognise.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
OK, so I am going to give this a miss, got to keep that blood pressure down.
I need a that's sensible emoji for your post but as I don't have one I'll just have to write it the old fashioned way, so here I go...

That's sensible.

There.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Finally got round to watching this last night, 2 episodes in and my take so far is...
Eric comes across a lot more academic coz he can speak fluently in Portuguese.
Dele has actually had a couple of decent games in the last few years.
Harry likes to swear...a lot!
Mourinho’s calmer than I expected him to be and at one point asked the players to express themselves, even saying play football, enjoy it...Shocking!!
They all seem like a decent bunch and get on really well together but looks more like a holiday camp.
Levy comes across as a slime ball.
I love Jan even more than I used to.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Finally got round to watching this last night, 2 episodes in and my take so far is...
Eric comes across a lot more academic coz he can speak fluently in Portuguese.
Dele has actually had a couple of decent games in the last few years.
Harry likes to swear...a lot!
Mourinho’s calmer than I expected him to be and at one point asked the players to express themselves, even saying play football, enjoy it...Shocking!!
They all seem like a decent bunch and get on really well together but looks more like a holiday camp.
Levy comes across as a slime ball.
I love Jan even more than I used to.
I did exactly the same, but was in for three episodes. Will do a couple more tonight. I admittedly was watching through the slightly jaundiced eyes of a Poch fan and Maureen hater, but found it:
At best 'quite interesting' - was hoping for a more genuine reveal about the true inside workings of a club, the manager, players and transfer deals. It all feels very stage managed, 'edited' and contrived to me, at least at the moment. For example you're not going to have a real heart to heart with a player, or get the real deal (in most instances) with a camera crew in your office, the dressing room or in the restaurant are you?
Levy is a prime example of what this is really all about - a huge THFC PR reveal and personal presentation of what a really good guy he is running a club for the local community, and how misunderstood he is, because it's such a difficult job.
I found the Eriksen transfer stuff the most interesting, unless Levy was bull shitting that bit as well. Sissoko being a 'big influence' was a surprise and Kane needs to change his team talk once in a while.
Agree with the holiday camp feel, but like the camaraderie, interesting to see who sits with who, Dele is clearly down with the kids, Harry with the more serious Toby, Jan, Eriksen group.
Jan Vertonghen class act and small insight into Dier and Son was quite good.
Mourinho, still not a fan, seems to have a good way and empathetic with the players, but loves the spotlight on him. If you compare the initial period with Dele and the way he got him playing to now, how has that happened? If JM know how he needs to be managed to get the best out of him, go back to doing it?

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses and hoping for a bit more truth and insight. There's a lot of general 'filler' and pretty shots of the stadium and training ground at the moment, maybe for the wider audience? Which club are they doing this season? Liverpool?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I did exactly the same, but was in for three episodes. Will do a couple more tonight. I admittedly was watching through the slightly jaundiced eyes of a Poch fan and Maureen hater, but found it:
At best 'quite interesting' - was hoping for a more genuine reveal about the true inside workings of a club, the manager, players and transfer deals. It all feels very stage managed, 'edited' and contrived to me, at least at the moment. For example you're not going to have a real heart to heart with a player, or get the real deal (in most instances) with a camera crew in your office, the dressing room or in the restaurant are you?
Levy is a prime example of what this is really all about - a huge THFC PR reveal and personal presentation of what a really good guy he is running a club for the local community, and how misunderstood he is, because it's such a difficult job.
I found the Eriksen transfer stuff the most interesting, unless Levy was bull shitting that bit as well. Sissoko being a 'big influence' was a surprise and Kane needs to change his team talk once in a while.
Agree with the holiday camp feel, but like the camaraderie, interesting to see who sits with who, Dele is clearly down with the kids, Harry with the more serious Toby, Jan, Eriksen group.
Jan Vertonghen class act and small insight into Dier and Son was quite good.
Mourinho, still not a fan, seems to have a good way and empathetic with the players, but loves the spotlight on him. If you compare the initial period with Dele and the way he got him playing to now, how has that happened? If JM know how he needs to be managed to get the best out of him, go back to doing it?

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses and hoping for a bit more truth and insight. There's a lot of general 'filler' and pretty shots of the stadium and training ground at the moment, maybe for the wider audience? Which club are they doing this season? Liverpool?
I`d say go straight to the last episode,beat the scum,see harry announce new baby boy,hear Jan speak about his 8 years and family at spurs,and if you havent already seen it bit of a skywalk advert from amazon.

All in all not gritty enough for me,and christ knows there would have been enough material last season.Was it worth it for the club?well not knowing what or if amazon paid and what any extra exposure might gain,I still believe allowing this access will fuck up your "normal".May well have cost us Poch he def wasnt keen to have a camera all the time in his office and he always said the dressing room was sacrosanct.Even Mr ego himself Jose said he is glad to be rid of the cameras this year.

So my review is not very good,not very real and interfered with the most important thing,the team.Cute to see a bit behind the scenes,but too sterile,too staged&soft lens coverage for myself.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I`d say go straight to the last episode,beat the scum,see harry announce new baby boy,hear Jan speak about his 8 years and family at spurs,and if you havent already seen it bit of a skywalk advert from amazon.

All in all not gritty enough for me,and christ knows there would have been enough material last season.Was it worth it for the club?well not knowing what or if amazon paid and what any extra exposure might gain,I still believe allowing this access will fuck up your "normal".May well have cost us Poch he def wasnt keen to have a camera all the time in his office and he always said the dressing room was sacrosanct.Even Mr ego himself Jose said he is glad to be rid of the cameras this year.

So my review is not very good,not very real and interfered with the most important thing,the team.Cute to see a bit behind the scenes,but too sterile,too staged&soft lens coverage for myself.
Levy talked at one point about the team being the engine for growth and change....that single line showed how much he was playing to the camera, because none of his actions support that statement. Until recently of course and in a week or so’s time I expect Mourinho will have even more new players.

Why didn’t Levy support Poch in the same way?

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Levy talked at one point about the team being the engine for growth and change....that single line showed how much he was playing to the camera, because none of his actions support that statement. Until recently of course and in a week or so’s time I expect Mourinho will have even more new players.

Why didn’t Levy support Poch in the same way?
Maybe cos Poch wasnt on £15m a year.Jose was failing,it is simply to costly to sack him is one point.
All the Levy fanboys coming out and saying aha what do you say now,simply because finally after 20 years he is doing part of his job.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Episode 5, right at the start....
Levy ‘ I get very disappointed at the end of a transfer window if the club isn’t stronger than it was at the start’.......

He’s constantly revealing the lie. Because his actions don’t match his words. That’s why at least from the Levy ‘insights’ this documentary is fake. Which is ironic because he’s trying so hard to look like a real fan and humble, likeable bloke. I’d have preferred it if he was honest and said he’s made a few mistakes.....he could never do that of course.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Episode 5, right at the start....
Levy ‘ I get very disappointed at the end of a transfer window if the club isn’t stronger than it was at the start’.......

He’s constantly revealing the lie. Because his actions don’t match his words. That’s why at least from the Levy ‘insights’ this documentary is fake. Which is ironic because he’s trying so hard to look like a real fan and humble, likeable bloke. I’d have preferred it if he was honest and said he’s made a few mistakes.....he could never do that of course.
Uncle Joe will watch this remeber.

It amazes me how patient he is with his investment when its potential has shat its self down the gurgler for the last 2 years.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Which is ironic because he’s trying so hard to look like a real fan and humble, likeable bloke.
I remember hearing someone from the Supporters' Trust talking responding to someone who was going on delightedly about how personable Levy is when you get to see him in the flesh. S/he pointed out that there's a big difference between coming off nice and doing nice things.

We shall see.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
One other thing, that re-inforced the tactical nature of the documentary was Steve Hitchin (ever a Levy henchman if you saw one) head of player recruitment, last night kept going on about how difficult it was to secure a transfer. I'm sure that there are elements that are difficult but the two most difficult would be: is the club successful and money, surely?. The former has got easier - as mentioned by Steve the second was never mentioned. Of course it wasn't because we've been a Champions league club reaching the final and having beaten Madrid and Dortmund in recent times - which nails the first point. The fact that we're signing Gedson Fernandes not Bruno Fernandes, or no-one at all when Poch needed it, nails the second part. This was further exemplified when Levy wouldn't let Eriksen leave unless he got €20million from Inter Milan.

The documentary tells one side of the PR story but as a fan I wanted to know the whole truth for real balance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
One other thing, that re-inforced the tactical nature of the documentary was Steve Hitchin (ever a Levy henchman if you saw one) head of player recruitment, last night kept going on about how difficult it was to secure a transfer. I'm sure that there are elements that are difficult but the two most difficult would be: is the club successful and money, surely?. The former has got easier - as mentioned by Steve the second was never mentioned. Of course it wasn't because we've been a Champions league club reaching the final and having beaten Madrid and Dortmund in recent times - which nails the first point. The fact that we're signing Gedson Fernandes not Bruno Fernandes, or no-one at all when Poch needed it, nails the second part. This was further exemplified when Levy wouldn't let Eriksen leave unless he got €20million from Inter Milan.

The documentary tells one side of the PR story but as a fan I wanted to know the whole truth for real balance.
The eriksen scene was quite weird,it was as if christian was meant to tell them what the state of play was with inter,and relay daniels I`ll take €20m.I am sure sitting in the canteen on the phone is why we end up with gedson and not bruno,its how we got dele instead of him going to liverpool,no one could be bothered to meet him and fluff him up.Yeah Hitchen came across really poorly.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
What kind of wanker 'buys' someone a watch and before they've opened it tells them and everyone else at the party what it is! THEN declares so everyone can hear we'll get it engraved later!

Oh, thanks Dan I can see you put a lot of time and effort in to this most thoughtful of gifts!