By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Summer 2017)

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We only need look at recent history of Poch's reign to see that his attitude does not in any way fit in with what we have built.

*Ade
*Kaboul
*Lennon
*Walker
*Rose (hopefully by the end of the day)

All fucked off because they challenged his authority. I can't see this ending well and this could be the one that cracks open the relationship between manager and chairman if it goes wrong.
You could be right with this one @Yid. He's a bit of a gob shite it seems. Maybe all the fuss over his visa and a bit of growing might make him realise it's time to crack on and realise his talent as he'll either be a star or fucking nightmare in my opinion...

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
From SSN:

BREAKING NEWS

According to Sky sources, Ross Barkley's move to Chelsea for around £30m was all on the table; the midfielder travelled to London and began his medical, but during the medical changed his mind!

He is expected to return to Everton. Wow!

Did he do a Sissoko?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
From SSN:

BREAKING NEWS

According to Sky sources, Ross Barkley's move to Chelsea for around £30m was all on the table; the midfielder travelled to London and began his medical, but during the medical changed his mind!

He is expected to return to Everton. Wow!

Did he do a Sissoko?
Isn't he injured anyway....think this shows he had ideas above his ability....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The transfer window seems to show if nothing else that the clubs have retained a bit of power over the players? Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

We ended up signing 4 or 5 all Levy style and making a profit....lets see whether that money is used to pay the players more money if necessary and whether Levy's strategy pays off, hope so.

Looking forward to the hopeful successful return of Lamela and maybe even Rose without the attitude. Kane, Janssen and Llorente is a reasonable trio in a squad of it works out.

Slightly disappointed we didn't get Mbappe for £167m or Neymar for £220m January or. Ext Summer maybe....

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Slightly confused...

So we now have Kane, Janssen AND Llorente?

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy about the Llorente buy but where does it leave Janssen? 3rd choice so not even a bench warmer? Couldn't get minutes as one of 2 strikers never mind 3.. Hardly like you'd start a match with 2 of them either. Feel a bit sorry for the lad tbh.

Disappointed not to bring in a creative midfielder. I know we could potentially be getting Barkley in Jan but would have liked someone now. Felt that a different creative option was needed as a priority and stand by that. Now massively reliant on one of Sissoko, Lamela or N'Koudou stepping up to the plate. Fingers crossed!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Well Sky Sports have just answered my question haha. They reckon Janssen is going to Brighton.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
According to Sky Sports, Janssen has turned down a move to Brighton, I don't know if I should be happy for us that the is staying, because I still think he will be a good player, or should I feel sorry for Vincent because he needs to be playing to become that top player?

Hmmm, a dilemma. Of course if we do well in the prestige Carbonara League Cup, the FA Cup and the tinpot Champions League then he may get more time than last season. He doesn't seem th sort of bloke who would be happy sitting on the bench, he wants to work, but like @wilson saidI don't see how he will fit in now with Llorente signing.

Likewise with Marcus Edwards, turning down a loan move to try and break into the first team doesn't sound clever to me. OK, we all know he could be great but he needs to develop his game and gain experience of playing higher level competitive football. I really would have liked to see him and Vincent out on loan somewhere, not fucking Scotland where they would have lumps kicked out of them for being London targets, but somewhere like Charlton, Milton Keynes Dons. AFC Wimbledon whee the Poch could still keep an eye on them, or Yeovil where I could pop down and see how they were doing and they could come to my house for tea.

If Levy does not now pay our top starts the wages they could earn anywhere else in the Premier League then he is an even bigger cunt than I already know he is. There is now a humungous amount of money that should have been spent on signings and wages sloshing around and that MUST be used to keep players like Dele, Harry, Toby and the rest.

I don't know if should celebrate our transfer window or not. We have one bloke I know will be a good signing, Davinson Sanchez. One bloke who might cause more trouble than he's worth, but of course could work out fine, Serge Aurier. One young player who could go either way, Juan Foyth. A goalkeeper I know fuck all about, Paulo Gazzaniga. We have the short term striker backup in Llorente, obviously not a rising star but a good signing to try and help keep our top 4 position while we have to play in that cursed place Wembley. We have the two blokes I mentioned above who I think should be out on loan and we still have Sissoko. So, on balance, no, I won't be celebrating, but I am not going to whine either, it's a bit neutral really.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The BBC is getting on my thruppnies. The so called transfer 'news' this morning was that bloke who gets payed a fucking fortune for swanning round the country playing silly games saying that Sanchez, Coutinho and Barkley ain't going nowhere! The only actual transfer they reported on was Oxhead Chamberpot.

The other day when they reported on the crick (what the fuck was Root doing?) they said Windies were chasing over 100 runs to win, well it was actually 321 but to report that they would have needed to actually bother Googling the score.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
... and we lost Wimmer who did a great job when Jan was injured, that might prove costly but Davinson will make up for him. How's that going to work? Will the Poch drop Toby or Jan? Fucked if I know! Somebody tell me now.

That other bloke who has gone to City? Not bothered. If he didn't want to be part of the project then good riddance. Fazio, remember him? Gone. Hissing Sid Rose is still with us, but I think his future will the mighty Spurs will not be a long one.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If true, fair play to him, that's the kind of ambition we want
I agree we do want that ambition, but we also want or what might help these guys coming through is a bit of experience as well. Josh has gone to Villa and it might not have done any harm for Marcus and also Vincent to go to somewhere like a Brighton or Bournemouth r a decent footballing side in the Championship for game time, match fitness etc.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I agree we do want that ambition, but we also want or what might help these guys coming through is a bit of experience as well. Josh has gone to Villa and it might not have done any harm for Marcus and also Vincent to go to somewhere like a Brighton or Bournemouth r a decent footballing side in the Championship for game time, match fitness etc.
I agree with all of this. Vincent in particular should have gone to Brighton- would have been exactly what he needs and I am curious to know why he chose not to. Regular starter for a premier league club, could have hit some good form this season and proved why we bought him in the first place and then come back to us next summer and say "look at what I've done, I deserve more game time than I was getting, I'm a goalscorer - play me more or I will look elsewhere." A headache for who to select is never a bad thing. Instead, he will sit on the bench (or maybe not even that as doubt we will go 2 strikers on the bench?) and feature in the cup (or maybe not even that as if Llorente doesn't get much minutes in prem/champs I'd imagine he will start the cups?). If he wants more game time then he'll have little to no opportunity to prove he deserves more not going out on loan.

Onomah is right to go to Villa and I love that he wants to play regularly, will do wonders for him on an individual level and will help us long term too. I love that Edwards has ambition and confidence but I really doubt he will breakthrough into the first XI or even make many bench appearances, certainly not in the prem or champs league.. I'd have liked him to have taken that ambition and turned to Poch and said "I am ambitious, I want to play matches and prove I am good enough for the first team at Spurs, I will go on loan and show you what I can do, gain some experience and show that I'm ready for men's football."

I'm all for Poch keeping young players at the club and integrating them with the first team squad, but it should be players like the Walker-Peters and the Wink's of the club who are a more ready to play for the first XI.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Arsenal supporters in meltdown today on talkshite radio. It is comical to hear them slag off everything their club has achieved.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Arsenal supporters in meltdown today on talkshite radio. It is comical to hear them slag off everything their club has achieved.
Yep well that's the sort of supporters they are......... there's one or two like that on various Spurs forums as well from memory :mad:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yep well that's the sort of supporters they are......... there's one or two like that on various Spurs forums as well from memory :mad:
..but to be fair mate, we are shite and the Poch really ain't all that is he?

Last season those comical goons booed the players off the pitch in the first game of the season when they were beaten by Liverpool, Wenger out!. The season before they also lost their first game of the season to the pikeys, Wenger out!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Personally I think its a cracking window. We have signed (and club record so no one can say we didnt spend) what seems to be one of the best CB's and fantastic RB, a young prospect CB, an old head Striker and GK, we have let go people surplass to requirements IMO..in Walker it was clear the relationship was going down hill. In the times of crazy money we have kept out best players and all this with a wage restriction..Speaks masses for the Staff, levy and Poch

Also, it was a great window as Chavs had a shocker partly due to us, Arsenal had a shocker....Lemar turned you down. Liverpool, Utd and City have just spent only time will tell how it works for them

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DIkGD2dXUAIL4ct.jpg

DIk-4XDXYAsxLkR.jpg

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Jesus, loads to catch up on and no better place that the transfer window.
Good window/bad window? My view has always been we'll not know until they've played some games for us. On the money front tho, Levy seems to have done it again, making a bit of a profit so all good there. The scum remain in meltdown, the chavs are still cunts and the dippers haven't addressed the gaps in their squad imo.
Get these poxy internationals out of the way and lets crack on.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Good window/bad window? My view has always been we'll not know until they've played some games for us. On the money front tho, Levy seems to have done it again, making a bit of a profit so all good there. The scum remain in meltdown, the chavs are still cunts and the dippers haven't addressed the gaps in their squad imo.
I agree that we won't know until we know. Remember the magnificent seven? I give less fucks about how much money Levy has made for EvilCo than I do about something that I don't give a flying fuck about. The money is totally irrelevant I think, look at Dele, 'w'e paid fuck all for him, while United paid nearly £70m for Di Maria who was pants in the Premier League. Toby was deal of the country for £14m, so it sort of shows that big money doesn't mean success.

Levy has spent a bit more this window, of course, every team has because the prices have gone mental, I blame that Brexit abortion, no surprise there because I blame that for everything. What I think he must do now is use the ridiculous TV money, which will be at least £150m to pay our players the going rate, it is too much for anyone to earn, let alone for blokes who just kick a ball around, but nuffing can be down about that.

An interesting thing? We have been 6th in 'Market Value' table for fecking yonks, now according to Transfermarkt we are 5th, so that could be seen as encouraging and if I wasn't a total cunt I would give Levy some credit for that, but that is never going to happen! We are now basically the same value as the scum, so we could say we are joint 4th in the money table, and just a Kyyle Walker away from United's market value and a Pogba away from the chavs. What this probably does mean is that we can't bask in the glory of punching above our weight and bragging if we finish better than 6th, shiney things are now needed!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Personally I think it's a good window. If I'd been in charge we'd have added another player with some pace and creativity in the attacking third, but then if I was in charge, we'd have been in bankruptcy years ago. I think Llorente in particular will be a very good signing this season, he's a plan B, yeah, but he's also good enough to lead the line when Harry needs a rest. Also, I think it's not to be overlooked that we held on to every player we wanted to keep with basically no fuss. Walker went (quietly) because Poch was willing to let him go. We told United to go fuck themselves over Dier, the Rose controversy died out pretty quickly, as did all the other speculation around our players. I think the squad is a good bit better than before the window, and Chelsea's in particular is not. Strong, if not spectacular window, but we didn't need it to be spectacular imo.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think we need Dembele to have a big season, build his confidence and dominate the midfield at Wembley. He and Wanyama could destroy teams with that space if they both find form and momentum. Win that area and everything else will fall into place. Harry will score goals ably supported by Dele, Christian etc. And Toby and the boys will keep them out. It's all about running the game in midfield.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Personally I think it's a good window. If I'd been in charge we'd have added another player with some pace and creativity in the attacking third, but then if I was in charge, we'd have been in bankruptcy years ago. I think Llorente in particular will be a very good signing this season, he's a plan B, yeah, but he's also good enough to lead the line when Harry needs a rest. Also, I think it's not to be overlooked that we held on to every player we wanted to keep with basically no fuss. Walker went (quietly) because Poch was willing to let him go. We told United to go fuck themselves over Dier, the Rose controversy died out pretty quickly, as did all the other speculation around our players. I think the squad is a good bit better than before the window, and Chelsea's in particular is not. Strong, if not spectacular window, but we didn't need it to be spectacular imo.
edwards!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
edwards!!
Yeah I hope so. That's kinda what I was getting at when I said I liked his ambition to stay at the club despite a loan offer back on deadline day. We will have plenty of depth if a few or the youngsters (e.g. Edwards, Oakley-Boothe, maybe Shayon in addition to KWP) prove capable of contributing this season. GKN would be like a new signing if he could do the same. Right now despite having the best squad we've had in a very long time, it's hard for Poch to really change the game with his subs, and a bit of pace off the bench would do the trick.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah I hope so. That's kinda what I was getting at when I said I liked his ambition to stay at the club despite a loan offer back on deadline day. We will have plenty of depth if a few or the youngsters (e.g. Edwards, Oakley-Boothe, maybe Shayon in addition to KWP) prove capable of contributing this season. GKN would be like a new signing if he could do the same. Right now despite having the best squad we've had in a very long time, it's hard for Poch to really change the game with his subs, and a bit of pace off the bench would do the trick.
Thats one problem starting Son,no attacking changer to come on and add some trickery.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I think we need Dembele to have a big season, build his confidence and dominate the midfield at Wembley. He and Wanyama could destroy teams with that space if they both find form and momentum. Win that area and everything else will fall into place. Harry will score goals ably supported by Dele, Christian etc. And Toby and the boys will keep them out. It's all about running the game in midfield.

IIRC, I read somewhere that MP is expecting Mousa to push forward a lot more this season. Makes sense to me. With his strength & skill on the ball he'd be far more dangerous in the attacking 3rd. Yes there would be less space but having someone with his skill set in that area of the pitch wouldn't hurt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This is a very interesting post, but it will always be overshadowed by the "dildo brothers" post above it.

PS: Why didn't Palace just stack 30 million in notes and set it on fire?
Everton? lol and we spunked the Bale money,but still had a net no-spend....but that is a whole new dimension