By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Winter 2016)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I would scrape together £60m if I was Levy and test the glazers with money for a kid called Rashford,I am sure I could sacrifice Sissoko&Lamela for £40m and find £20m in the sofa or old trousers.Its not I dont like those players,just how much I would love to steal him away and to us.
Might upset the equilibrium within the camp though, with Dele and Harry etc.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Might upset the equilibrium within the camp though, with Dele and Harry etc.
cant always be buying worse than what we have!some day we have to break out of it.Id like to see a bid just to wind them up (man u not harry and dele).

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
The Mirror are saying that we could be preparing a bid for Rodriguez despite Southampton rejecting offers from WBA and Sunderland already, and they're saying that Vincent Janssen could be set for a loan move, possibly to Galatasaray.

Interesting....

Tottenham preparing move for Jay Rodriguez

The suggestion is that any move is up to Rodriguez, and he would not be interested in going to WBA or Sunderland (understandably) but a move to Spurs to play under Poch could be too good for him to refuse

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The Mirror are saying that we could be preparing a bid for Rodriguez despite Southampton rejecting offers from WBA and Sunderland already, and they're saying that Vincent Janssen could be set for a loan move, possibly to Galatasaray.

Interesting....

Hope not, we can't keep raping Southampton after Liverpool have finished and I personally want Janssen to succeed here...he's worked hard for it. Don't mind Rodriguez and all that, and Poch should get who he wants, he deserves it, just want Janssen to be successful.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Hope not, we can't keep raping Southampton after Liverpool have finished and I personally want Janssen to succeed here...he's worked hard for it. Don't mind Rodriguez and all that, and Poch should get who he wants, he deserves it, just want Janssen to be successful.

I hear you, but at what price?

Janssen is just not ready for English football yet and he isn't going to come good for us between now and May. I support him 100% and was thrilled when he won the pen and knocked it in against Wycombe the other day, but even that was only against Wycombe of League 2. We can stick by him, but him misfiring could see our season slip away from us, especially if something were to happen to Kane.

Janssen is still young and could still come good in the future, but a loan away from Spurs at a slightly lower level could be exactly what he needs to regain that confidence and develop and, if that's what it takes, I'm all for it rather than clinging on to the vain hope he can start banging in Premier League goals next week.

Rodriguez could be perfect for us, IF he is fully recovered from that injury. If he is, he will come in and almost certainly give us something off the bench. He's shown he can score goals at Premier League level, and he may thrive with the quality we have at Tottenham. He hasn't quite looked the same player though since his injury, but maybe Poch can get that out of him.

It pains me to say it, but Janssen looks miles off the quality required at our level right now. In my opinion, if we really want to have a crack at the title this season, we do need better and, hopefully, Janssen can comeback a little older and a little wiser and help us push for silverware next season.

PS not sure why "raping" Southampton matters. Look how well it turned out for us last time! I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for them

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

Interesting....

The suggestion is that any move is up to Rodriguez, and he would not be interested in going to WBA or Sunderland (understandably) but a move to Spurs to play under Poch could be too good for him to refuse

Seen earlier reports that we have no interest in him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Reported Tottenham Hotspur transfer deadline-day target Jay Rodriguez does not feature as part of Southampton's squad this evening.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Midfielder Ashley Westwood has joined Burnley on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Championship side Aston Villa, with the option of a further 12 months.

The 26-year-old arrived at Villa Park from Crewe in 2012 and has made 161 appearances - 22 coming this season.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Burnley have broken their transfer record to sign midfielder Robbie Brady from Norwich City for a fee that could reach £13m.

The Republic of Ireland international, 25, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Premier League side.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Serbia international Luka Milivojevic from Olympiakos.

The 25-year-old midfielder has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Swansea City have signed Aston Villa forward Jordan Ayew in a deal that sees Wales international Neil Taylor move in the opposite direction.

Swansea will pay up to £5m - plus Taylor - for the Ghana international who has signed a three-and-a-half year deal at the Liberty Stadium.

Ayew is the brother of former Swansea forward Andre Ayew.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Southampton have completed the signing of Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini.

The 25-year-old cost in the region of £14m and has signed a four-and-a-half year deal.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Leicester have signed Mali international centre-back Molla Wague on loan for the rest of the season, with the option of a permanent deal.

The 25-year-old joins from Italian club Udinese with the consent of his Spanish parent club, Granada CF.

Last edited:
boo

boo

Founding Member
Hull have signed Aldred N'Diaye, a midfielder built like a wardrobe, from Villarreal.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Wow what a huge shame. Hope he makes it through
Yeah it is a shame. I was a bit confused when we got rid as always thought he Barca bright future but seems his head was never fully there. Had all the ability to flourish into a quality centre back.