By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch winter 2019/20

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Think we dodged a bullet with Piatek. Clubs aren't usually desperate to get young strikers off their books after only a year at the club. Not sure we needed Bergwijn but at least we signed someone.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Why is it so important to sign someone? If there is no added value.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Why is it so important to sign someone? If there is no added value.....
Do you mean a striker?or in general?

We resigned vorm when lloris got injured,and although with hindsight it was a waste of time and money,it was prudent.So isnt it prudent to sign cover for kane,I fear all we will do is run Son and dele in particular in to the ground,what happens feb 1st if we lose either of them?
And then fullbacks,we have aurier,sessegnon,tanganga and the injured davies,at a push vertongen and dier can provide some cover,we are now massively short in this position,if aurier (lol) gets injured we basically have 2 kids or 2 immobile players at full back.Its a worry isnt it?

Or we could sign just one more midfielder,you never know that the 10 we have could all get crocked and leave us short in this area.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Do we now think "our cunt" has got the measure of how Levy deals in transfer windows?

Do we now think he gets it? That he probably wont get what he has asked for and he may get a cheaper alternative or he may just get more midfielders with a reasonable chance of turning a profit...?

If these new players dont hit the ground running and change the way we approach games and the results, I think we will start to see a very different "our cunt" to the pretend calm one many think we have got.

It's another transfer window that hasnt addressed our obvious deficiencies and will ultimately be forgotten, possibly along with some of the players themselves.

I suppose you have to give every manager a few windows to get their team and their philosophy working before you gudge but we all know the windows at Spurs ain't dictated by the gaffer...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
“In January, you are probably going to hear something [about my future]. I’m telling you right now that I’m not going anywhere until my contract is finished."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Levy fucked him, then sent him North of the wall.

There were some great times, but he didnt covert himself in glory in the end.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
“In January, you are probably going to hear something [about my future]. I’m telling you right now that I’m not going anywhere until my contract is finished."

oh danny

EPmQv66WoAAL3jo

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He's not very bright is he. In fact his head is a total mess, not sure who his friends and advisors are, but he might be best going back to Doncaster and staying there. Shame because he could have been really brilliant and was England left back a couple of years ago, now he's just a self important twat. See ya.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
we aint getting fck all today, eh?

i guess i knew it was going to be like that, but sucks it actually did...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Foyth loan to Sampordia I believe?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We are the Imelda Marcos of collecting midfielders it seems,never mind we got rid of 3 fullbacks and a striker since the summer,I bet Levy`s house has 9 fridges a toaster and no oven.The squad is so unbalanced,our buying seems to revolve purely about resale value,even then we didnt even try for some of the younger homegrown up and coming,the CL squad should be interesting in who we cant include because we are so short of home qualified.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I am baffled that a player as talented as Foyth can't get any minutes playing in this mess of a defense. Sure he's a work in progress, but his skills are undeniable. I think he can be a good CB, a very good RB, and has to potential a very good DM. What does this have to do with our transfers? Nothing, other than that all of it seems totally nonsensical. Levy OUT!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We are the Imelda Marcos of collecting midfielders it seems,never mind we got rid of 3 fullbacks and a striker since the summer,I bet Levy`s house has 9 fridges a toaster and no oven.The squad is so unbalanced,our buying seems to revolve purely about resale value,even then we didnt even try for some of the younger homegrown up and coming,the CL squad should be interesting in who we cant include because we are so short of home qualified.
I will say after thinking about it more that the Bergwijn move makes sense. There really isn't that much pace in the squad. Beyond that, though, I agree with all of this. It's as baffling as always.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I will say after thinking about it more that the Bergwijn move makes sense. There really isn't that much pace in the squad. Beyond that, though, I agree with all of this. It's as baffling as always.
Son,moura and sessegnon are rapid,but yes pacey wide players isnt as overstocked as cumbersome not #10,not true DM midfielders,not proper quality eye for a defence splitting passers,its the run around do a bit of most stuff our central area is stuffed with.I need to go back to that winter is coming thread and count up how many we have now,even discounting Son and Moura if we pretend they are strikers,i`ll be suprised if its not around 10 or so.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Robbie Keane's only 39 ? Middlesbrough might loan him to us till the end of the season ? Klinsmann looks after himself,..? Anyone ? Please ? ANY strikers....one will do.....