By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Summer 21/22

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Apparently Levy has drawn his line in the sand over Kane. At least £150m in straight cash with no player swaps.

Once again demonstrating his deep understanding of how football works ..

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Apparently Levy has drawn his line in the sand over Kane. At least £150m in straight cash with no player swaps.

Once again demonstrating his deep understanding of how football works ..

With Harry under contract for three more years I think this is fair

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Why is everyone presenting the fact that Levy is a tight arsed, control freak, as 'news'. It's the biggest truism in football and has been that way for years.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Why is everyone presenting the fact that Levy is a tight arsed, control freak, as 'news'. It's the biggest truism in football and has been that way for years.
Exactly. We've known it since the day Enic took over and he started sacking managers every year for shits and giggles but if you read some of the stories doing the rounds, it appears as if this is some big revelation.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

[Fabrizio Romano] There have been 'positive' developments with Son about extending his contract. Spurs want to keep him for the future and talks are ongoing. Paratici is also directly involved in the manager search and Spurs will keep things quiet until the next manager is close to being announced.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I really hope this happens, although surely it's now Paratici's decision ?
I seem to remember reading that Levy was stepping back from the football decisions and allowing the Director of Football (Manager?) and coach, whoever the feck he will be to make these decisions.

I have worked for people like this, not for long because I never renewed contracts with them. I am not very good at business, fucking hopeless with people skills and don't give a flying fuck about PR, I liked to let the people who were good at that stuff do the managing and I would do the data analysis, design the databases and write the code, I was very good at that. But, control freak types seemed to think they could tell me how they thought I should do my job. This will make you laugh - I went to an interview once and the managing director showed me the company database model that he had created, all by himself, he didn't need no expert to tell him how to do data normalisation! I couldn't stop laughing, there were unresolved many to many relationships all over the place, one to one links and so much data duplication that my head spun off and bounced on the floor! I asked if the job was to redesign the database and build it properly and he said no, the job was to fix the code that didn't work because his database did not need any redesign. I politely told him that I wasn't going to waste his time or mine and left. He actually phoned my agent and told him I had been rude to him - and offered to increase my already stupidly high rate if I took the job! Ah the good old days when we were the gods of code, Y2K and all that lovely money, all gone now.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
He didn't google Watford, did he?
He'll probably hire a lad from our academy to drive him up whatever highway gets you to Watford. Am actually curious to find out if he can still bring it. Hoping they play him against us, hoping he pulls off something like he did on his Spurs debut, and hoping he'll follow that up with an OG.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

"I am never going to talk specifically about an individual player in public,” Levy said when asked about speculation over Kane's future.

"All I would say is his frustrations of us not winning is shared by me and I am sure all the fans and the players. Clearly we all want to win.
"I think one of the items that Fabio will have to deal with when he comes in is which players are being retained, which players will be asked to look for other clubs.
"But obviously there is a market out there and what we want, and what somebody else wants, is not always possible to achieve.
"We will do whatever is right for the club."

The Italian has already recommended out-of-work former Roma manager Paulo Fonseca as Jose Mourinho's permanent successor, with the 48-year-old Portuguese close to being announced on an initial two-year deal.
"Everything to do with the football side the club, he will have responsibility for," Levy said of Paratici.

"Obviously recruitment is one element but he will be working with Steve Hitchen and all the analysts and the scouting department.
"Juventus has been a highly successful club. He’s been a major part of that. Hopefully some of that will rub off on Tottenham."

Addressing the club's financial situation, Levy said Spurs had suffered more than any other Premier League club during the pandemic and warned supporters they must "be careful over the next coming years" to ensure ongoing sustainability.
But he defended the record of owners ENIC over strategy and transfer spend, and said Spurs will invest in the first team.
"The financial consequences of buying players, it’s one area where if you don’t get it right can have dire consequences," Levy said.
"We have to be realistic about where we are. We’re still in a pandemic, the consequences for this particularly club have probably been more severe than any other club in the Premier League.
"We’re not getting the revenues we had hoped for from our stadium and as a consequence we have to be careful over the next coming years and we need to be prudent.
"We will spend but we have to be sensible.

"Sometimes fans think we ought to be spending but there have been circumstances where the coach doesn’t want us to spend on a particularly player. We will make investment in the squad.
"We have always been a club that has managed to finance everything within it’s own means," the chairman added.
"What I would say to [our critics] is that even penny that goes into this club – whatever the revenue source is, whether its purely football or third part revs like conferencing or concerts – it’s all going back into the team. Every single penny that comes into this club will go back into the team."
And Levy insisted that now the club had completed their £1.2billion stadium, their priority is to invest in the squad and said he believed Spurs had "unfinished business" after so many near misses in recent seasons.

All we want now, having spent all these years getting the infrastructure at this club in the most fantastic position, is to invest in the team," he said.
"We take a long-term view. We have to protect this club, we’re custodians of it.
"Patience is a virtue and that’s one thing you definitely have to have in football. Things can change so quickly, positively and negatively.
"We all know where we were two years ago, are we satisfied where we are today? Absolutely not and we need to turn it around.
"But we need to make sure this club is in a sound financial position in years to come. We need success on the pitch now. My view is we have unfinished business."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
to_dare.jpg

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

The Gunners are keen on the Cameroon international but have yet to table an offer for the 25-year-old
Arsenal face competition to sign Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana as rival interest has grown since the verdict by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to reduce his doping ban.

Rival interest intensifies​

Arsenal can’t afford to wait too long before deciding whether to push through with a move for Onana.

The keeper is now attracting strong interest from around Europe, with Ajax keen on getting a deal done as quickly as possible for a player they would lose for nothing in 2022.

A club who finished in the top eight of the Premier League last season has now made contact over a potential transfer, while there is also strong interest from sides in France.

When can Onana play again?​

Due to the terms of his suspension, Onana has been unable to even train with Ajax since February and has been working on his fitness with a personal trainer on local pitches in Amsterdam.

He will be allowed to start competitive training again two months before the end of his ban. He will then be available for selection from November 3 onwards.