By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer window winter 20/21

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Let me get this straight...so Levy refused to let Dele go to PSG because we didn't have a replacement for him ? To do what exactly ? Dele doesn't even get into squad's, but occasionally warm's a bench!..How hard is it to replace that ?
It smacks of Levy scared shitless of Poch getting the best out of him and making him and Jose look worse than they already do.....if that's actually possible.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Let me get this straight...so Levy refused to let Dele go to PSG because we didn't have a replacement for him ? To do what exactly ? Dele doesn't even get into squad's, but occasionally warm's a bench!..How hard is it to replace that ?
It smacks of Levy scared shitless of Poch getting the best out of him and making him and Jose look worse than they already do.....if that's actually possible.
Levy, miserable, cuntish behaviour treating people like shit again....who knew?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Dele is English, we could only replace him with another English player.

Thats why he did not leave

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

Good point, but we now have N'Dombele playing the Dele/Eriksen role, and there was talk of CE coming back, so I'm not sure how valid the point is or what the rules are. In either case we also have Lo Celso and lamela both of whom this idiot favours above one of th most talented players we have and if we recalled Skipp from Norwich as a squad player, to replace Winks? the overall balance in terms of numbers would be the same?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.

I still dont see the logic or the problem.
Why does he keep a talent like Dele on big enough wages, demoralised, and discredited, playing with the reserves or sitting on the bench..? Why not let him go and give him a chance to get his career back on track with a manager that actually believes in him! ANY other English player hungry to prove himself from the PL or Championship would be a better option than the one Levy's taken.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Why does he keep a talent like Dele on big enough wages, demoralised, and discredited, playing with the reserves or sitting on the bench..? Why not let him go and give him a chance to get his career back on track with a manager that actually believes in him! ANY other English player hungry to prove himself from the PL or Championship would be a better option than the one Levy's taken.
What English plays are available, at a good price and are good enough for us?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ruining, or trying to ruin, players like Dele is an important part of Mourinho's management style. We've seen it before with the likes of Casillas, Quaresma, Juan Mata, more than a few players at Man U, etc., etc., etc. The point is not to manage them, it's to be the alpha male. Every good manager is ruthless, but it's like this clown is leaving one of our most creative players on the bench to prove a point.

@Havocc, I think the point is that if you're not going to play Dele under any circumstances, he doesn't really need to be replaced--with an English player or otherwise. Just bring up one of the kids to put in the squad. What difference does it make?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
What English plays are available, at a good price and are good enough for us?
You could pick a few English talents out of the championship or even league one, or as @J.spurs said, pluck a baller from the reserves and give him a run...
Are they good enough ? Well, was Dele good enough when we signed him from MK Don's ? We know the answer to that one...
The point is, if Dele earns £2.5m a year, and warms up benches. His manager does not have confidence in him and (unless he's suddenly done a u turn) is not interested in playing him. So what's the point in keeping him ? Get someone in who's English, talented, and hungry...I could understand to an extent a bit of resistance if he was going to Chelsea or Utd etc...but its PSG!!! It smacks of an ego based decision..

Ridiculous imo...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
So Gazzaniga has been treated like shit and shipped out.

And Dele has been treated like shit and forced to sit the pine. At least he can get some golf tips from Gareth I suppose but fuck me what a waste of a mercurial talent. All for a self-serving cunt of a manager and a chairman who knows as much about football as my wife's degenerate, unemployed, wife-beating brother who still calls the game 'wogball.'