By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transport

Spursyb

Spursyb

Player in Training.
Has anyone managed to find out if there are to be any new transport links for the new stadium.
There was talk of a new tube station?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Welcome to the mad house, no is the answer to your question. Also everyone please note that there are no Chiltern Line trains stopping at Wembley Stadium for Saints on Boxing Day. You've got to go to Wembley Park/Wembley Central.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
New station upgrade at WHL isnt complete until a year or two after,though platforms maybe I have read.
Plans for crossrail and northumberland park?i believe,but thats years away yet.It will really be the same old,and just hope service on match days is improved through frequency and number of caoches,though evening games are always a pain and fastest hike to 7 sisters normally the option.

When i have time later i ll dig around,been awhile since i took any notice of train info,seemed so far away.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This what i have found,
NWHL station is for completion 2019,conytacts for the work have been handed out to taylor woodrow,though the list of improvements is underwhelming for 26,000 extra match day travellers,here is link to that

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/p...f-white-hart-lane-station-moves-a-step-closer

Seems the club is mostly pinning hopes on the victoria line at seven sisters and northumberland park station,not specifically WHL station as I cant see how new ticket offices,lifts are going to make the difference.
From THFC stadium development site
The upgraded Victoria Line has already delivered brand new, faster and higher capacity trains – ending the disruption that supporters have faced for many years and delivering major service improvements. The Victoria Line will become the highest frequency railway in the UK with trains running every 100 seconds, each way, before a midweek fixture and all trains now running the full length of the line to Walthamstow by way of Tottenham Hale.

Improvements at Seven Sisters station interchange are now well underway – with extra stairs from the southbound National Rail Overground station towards the Victoria Line Underground station completed and further work will be undertaken as part of the London Overground devolution to improve the quality of the station facilities for all passengers.

The White Hart Lane station train service is under the control of London Overground in 2015 – with brand new and higher capacity trains, similar to the new Metropolitan Line trains, and station improvements planned. This important project is now being developed by TfL, Network Rail and Haringey Council.

And then this info on northumberland park station
https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/anglia/lee-valley-rail-programme/
Anglia-Lea-Valley-Improvements-Map-2017.jpg

THFC info continued
Network Rail are scheduled to introduce ‘three tracking’ for the section through Tottenham Hale and Northumberland Park – which will entail the reconstruction of Northumberland Park station, and significant frequency improvements for services to Stratford. Construction works are planned to be completed before the new stadium is finished.

Better use will be made of White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park stations – and the Club will work with the two new Train Operating Companies to further improve match-day services

Last edited: