By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Unhappy camp?

C

Canadaspur

Player in Training.
Body language from Dier, Dele, Rose, seems very off, i am wondering if they have firmed plans up to leave in new year.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bit down in the dumps lad....?

What will be will be and we can't do shit about it so no choice but to enjoy the time they are here imo.

Playing like cunts won't help their moves anywhere this so unless they pull their shit together they'll get fuck all.

No doubt the whole team looks like they need a rest and are in a bit of a slump, but Poch needs to sort that shit out and find out how to rotate, recruit and motivate them through this mini slump.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Body language from Dier, Dele, Rose, seems very off, i am wondering if they have firmed plans up to leave in new year.
I haven't noticed it with Dier, but I know what you mean about Dele and Rose. But Dele's been pretty open about the rough patch of form he's going through right now, and he's always worn his heart on his sleeve, so to speak. No reason to jump to conclusions about their futures IMHO. Life's too short to worry too much about the life goals of a bunch of multi-millionaire post-adolescents. Que sera, sera and all that.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Well, at least we've stopped talking about Jan's body language...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Luckily Harry Winks looks happy as fuck, so he won't be toddling off and he is great. But the body language of everybody else when they were being torn apart by City obviously meant they were not happy and will be leaving soon.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Not sure about body language, haven’t really noticed anything particularly sinister with regards to their body language.

However, I have noticed a drop off in our overall play. We don’t necessarily have the pace in our front line, other than Son or have players that can dance past players one on one, other than Moussa, so we’re reliant on movement and crisp passing. The latter for me has been an issue this season, obviously there are games this season where we’ve played some really good stuff but I just feel something’s not quite right, we haven’t kicked on as I thought we would do this season.

We seem to be too easy to play against atm and that in the most part is down to too many players being off form and a lack of invention in the final third. There’s been too much sideways passing. Eriksen’s been fairly toothless and struggling to make an impact in games since his hat trick for the Danes. Alli is a shadow of the player we’ve been accustomed to over the last few seasons, right now he’s producing nothing in games. Harry’s been isolated up front and has at least 2/3 players around when he gets the ball and tends to receive it with his back to goal. Moussa, another who looks way off the pace, the marauding runs of his, in large down to a lack of match fitness have been fairly non existent this season. Rose is nowhere near the player he was pre injury and since his comeback, Davies’s form and consistency has been curtailed by Rose’s comeback.

We’re conceding stupid goals and getting no luck. I’m not concerned as I think we’ll turn it around, of course we will, the players and manager are far too good for this to be an issue going forward, although Alli’s form is a worry, as he’s been so far off the pace this season, it can only been a concern, it just feels if he’s not scoring goals, he’s offering nothing to the team.

I’m not sure what the stats compared to last season are, we’re probably maybe 3/4 pts off points wise where we were last season but the fact we’re 7th, means others have improved and we’ve stagnated a little.

As i’ve said i’m not concerned, it’s really just my view of what i’ve seen this season. Tell me if i’m talking bollocks but I just feel we look a little laboured in our play this season, yes we’ve been without Vic, who’s been an absolute rock for us and also Toby being out, not only does that affect our defence but also he’s an attacking threat with his ability to spray a 50 yd pass. We’re just missing a bit of a zip in the final third. I appreciate teams are sitting back on us and ‘parking the bus’ and it’s not easy to penetrate a well organised disciplined 10 man defence but this is not new for us, teams were doing that to us last season and we weren’t having the issues we’re having this season, especially ‘at home’ where we were destroying teams last season.

In conclusion, I think we’re struggling a little bit with Wembley and a loss of form to individual players as well as injuries to key personnel. It’s all good though, i’m just being a little paranoid, as I don’t want this season to be the season where things go a little awry. What with moving into the new stadium and potentially attracting top talent and keeping what we already have, I really want this season to be a successful one.

Apologies for the negativity and hope no one says but we thrashed Stoke 5-0 a week ago, they are the worst team in the pl right now and if there’s one team you’d want to play it’s them!

P.S Had a boozy lunch and still have a bit of Saturday still running thru the veins!!

C

Canadaspur

Player in Training.
Not sure about body language, haven’t really noticed anything particularly sinister with regards to their body language.

However, I have noticed a drop off in our overall play. We don’t necessarily have the pace in our front line, other than Son or have players that can dance past players one on one, other than Moussa, so we’re reliant on movement and crisp passing. The latter for me has been an issue this season, obviously there are games this season where we’ve played some really good stuff but I just feel something’s not quite right, we haven’t kicked on as I thought we would do this season.

We seem to be too easy to play against atm and that in the most part is down to too many players being off form and a lack of invention in the final third. There’s been too much sideways passing. Eriksen’s been fairly toothless and struggling to make an impact in games since his hat trick for the Danes. Alli is a shadow of the player we’ve been accustomed to over the last few seasons, right now he’s producing nothing in games. Harry’s been isolated up front and has at least 2/3 players around when he gets the ball and tends to receive it with his back to goal. Moussa, another who looks way off the pace, the marauding runs of his, in large down to a lack of match fitness have been fairly non existent this season. Rose is nowhere near the player he was pre injury and since his comeback, Davies’s form and consistency has been curtailed by Rose’s comeback.

We’re conceding stupid goals and getting no luck. I’m not concerned as I think we’ll turn it around, of course we will, the players and manager are far too good for this to be an issue going forward, although Alli’s form is a worry, as he’s been so far off the pace this season, it can only been a concern, it just feels if he’s not scoring goals, he’s offering nothing to the team.

I’m not sure what the stats compared to last season are, we’re probably maybe 3/4 pts off points wise where we were last season but the fact we’re 7th, means others have improved and we’ve stagnated a little.

As i’ve said i’m not concerned, it’s really just my view of what i’ve seen this season. Tell me if i’m talking bollocks but I just feel we look a little laboured in our play this season, yes we’ve been without Vic, who’s been an absolute rock for us and also Toby being out, not only does that affect our defence but also he’s an attacking threat with his ability to spray a 50 yd pass. We’re just missing a bit of a zip in the final third. I appreciate teams are sitting back on us and ‘parking the bus’ and it’s not easy to penetrate a well organised disciplined 10 man defence but this is not new for us, teams were doing that to us last season and we weren’t having the issues we’re having this season, especially ‘at home’ where we were destroying teams last season.

In conclusion, I think we’re struggling a little bit with Wembley and a loss of form to individual players as well as injuries to key personnel. It’s all good though, i’m just being a little paranoid, as I don’t want this season to be the season where things go a little awry. What with moving into the new stadium and potentially attracting top talent and keeping what we already have, I really want this season to be a successful one.

Apologies for the negativity and hope no one says but we thrashed Stoke 5-0 a week ago, they are the worst team in the pl right now and if there’s one team you’d want to play it’s them!

P.S Had a boozy lunch and still have a bit of Saturday still running thru the veins!!
Well reasoned, although id say Eriksen has picked up, and he puts in the effort, Davies can count himself unlucky to not have been selected maybe as centre back in our crisis?

J

Jamaica_spursfans

Player in Training.
Abit of subject but every time Dier is put back in defence there seems to be no confidence in the back line there always seems to be some mistakes every time he is there & on body launague he one player that to me sometimes looks like he doesn’t want to be there when the chips are down Dier really doesn’t do much like he can’t be bothered.

I know I’ll get blasted for this but personally I’d like to see him and Rose to be sold I rather have players like Davies that give 100% then players that are like do I really want to be here or do I wish I done what Kyle Walker did and go.

See both those two get £100 million in and look to replace, Rose £50 million in return Ryan Bertrand £30 million
Dier 50 million replace with Martial(maybe)

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Dier may not be our best player, but to suggest he lacks heart is way off IMO.. In my view the team is just collectively a bit down because of recent results. This too shall pass...a good win and we’ll be motoring again.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dier whilst individually in FB,CB isnt amazing and DM is more a clogger than maestro,the sum of his parts is worth more,especially at an age where playing centre back/midfield benefits greatly from experience.He may not be perfect in any position ATM,but fact is he covers 3 areas in the squad.That and potential,why would we sell,unless crazy money.And not to united.
I agree i would like a look at Davies CB just to see,he did ok before bit so did wimmer and Rose has to go,not cos of his poor so far performances,but I think he has affected the squad harmony even if they think they are ok with him,he mentally is an illness we need to cure,i dont think rehab is gonna fix it myself.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Abit of subject but every time Dier is put back in defence there seems to be no confidence in the back line there always seems to be some mistakes every time he is there & on body launague he one player that to me sometimes looks like he doesn’t want to be there when the chips are down Dier really doesn’t do much like he can’t be bothered.

I know I’ll get blasted for this but personally I’d like to see him and Rose to be sold I rather have players like Davies that give 100% then players that are like do I really want to be here or do I wish I done what Kyle Walker did and go.

See both those two get £100 million in and look to replace, Rose £50 million in return Ryan Bertrand £30 million
Dier 50 million replace with Martial(maybe)
Not going to blast you don't worry haha - just give you my opinion.

I think Dier works as hard and cares as much as anyone else. I agree with Rose though - counting the days for him to leave.

Selling Dier would be a nightmare - who becomes our 2nd choice DM, 3rd choice CM, 4th choice CB and 3rd choice RB? The suggestion of Martial replacing him is a bit daft - he won't help with the gaping defensive hole that Dier would leave.

The fact that this season Dier has played in 17 out of 18 Prem games and 5 out of 6 Champs League games despite not being 1st choice in any single position is evidence enough of his importance to the squad and how hard it would be to replace him with a single player.

Not defending his performances at CB btw - he has had a couple of very poor ones of late; but still if he didn't play then who would have? Foyth? Clearly not ready yet in Poch's eyes otherwise he would have. Davies? Fine in a CB 3, but not a 2, plus it means having Rose as LB every game - no thanks.

Last edited:
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Really the main problem for Dier is moving around. DM to centre back is night and day. I know he started life as a defender, but he has grown in to a different role. I wouldn't for instance put Dembele back up front like he started at Fulham and expect him to bang them in lol, or Bale to left back.

I don't think he lacks heart though, he's just finding it tough being what is essentially out of position. I liked him in the back 3 with Sanchez central but in a back 4 he is clumsy, however if he had to stay there any length of time he'd get the centre back brain again.

To be honest I'm just looking forward to the return of Sanchez so the beast that is dier returns to breaking up play in the middle of the park.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Much nonsense on here.....careless talk costs lives.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I know I haven't been around much lately but I'm watching the games and tbh, I don't get the stuff about Dier. Agree with @Glenjamin , his problem, if any, is that he is so versatile, he hasn't had the chance to nail down one position. When he played DM consistently a couple of seasons ago, he was arguably our player of the year. Love the big man

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I know I haven't been around much lately but I'm watching the games and tbh, I don't get the stuff about Dier. Agree with @Glenjamin , his problem, if any, is that he is so versatile, he hasn't had the chance to nail down one position. When he played DM consistently a couple of seasons ago, he was arguably our player of the year. Love the big man

He was brilliant the other night when we had to play a changed line up then moved back to CB. For me hes a player we must keep..He will get better and better.