By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

US Election WTF???

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That mentally ill person has been on my tv now, live on BBC from about 5.30am (yeah, us country folk get up early innit). What is the matter with these numpties, why would anyone go to a political rally and whoop like a demented retard when a racist, sexist, homophobic, unintelligent tosspot talked bollocks? He is like an ignorant Hitler preaching hate and those gun loving lunatics love him. Hitler was a clever man with some control over his temper, Trump is not clever and has no self-control and a belief in his xenophobia that is so clearly mental illness.Fuck, did I just say Trump could be worse than Hitler? Yep, look at the rise in xenopobia, hate crimes and even the murder of a Polish bloke since that fucking country ruining referendum,. Hatred has been justified by what was really just an opinion poll, imagine if the leader of the country's policies supported this shit? An even worse thingymajig would be a country with more guns than people electing a leader like this.

Someone summed him up last night as a six times bankrupt failed businessman with the intelligence and temperament of a 13 year old. Ok, so if the Unbelievably Selfish Arseholes vote this bloke in as President then for me it will be time to boycott everything that comes out of that awful place. That won't make much of a chage as I've been doing that for years, I have never visited the place and I never will, I do my best to not buy their exports, the only thing that is tough is avoiding their telly programmes, oh well sacrifices must be made.

On the other hand if they elect that awful Clinton woman then ... see above. I thought our politicians talked bollocks, but these two take the biscuit, every word that comes out of their mouths is so obviously scripted to encourage the whooping retards to whoop even more.

Sadly the actions of that country where everyone seems to think real-life is a TV reallity show or an action-hero film affects us all, but we don't get to vote, not that allowing numpties to vote on anything important has done us any favours recently.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Scary day...not just for America but potentially the rest of the world as well. We 'need to build a wall' ;)......hopefully (looking for some sort of positive) whoever wins doesn't actually end up running the country, that's really done behind the scenes by the US equivalent of our civil service - anyone remember the TV show 'Yes Minister' another example being the Reagan presidency.

I get the feeling, aside of all the dangerous nonsense he spouts to the ignorant masses, that Trump is only in this for Trump and his ego. Clinton is far less dangerous and appears to have cleverer people around her. There was quite a good line on Have I got News for you recently, suggesting that the US was about to potentially have their worst President ever, or an even worse one.....

By tomorrow we'll know.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd like to ask our American (or someone with a real knowledge of politics)..... how in fucks name did it get to be a vote between these pair of cunts?

I mean there are a fucking lot of you... billions and these pricks are the best you could come up with...?

I'm not saying our political system is in any way shape or form better, fuck me we have some old hag who no fucker voted for pulling the shots but seriously... what the actual fuck?

Is there no movement over there for political reform? Is no one concerned that for hundreds of years your country has been run by the banks and those who are at the top of the table firmly stay there and save seats for their pals..?

I'm sorry but I want one "opt out" of being a pawn in their system. I no longer want to live in their world or elect them as custodians of my countries best interests.

I fucking hate politics and am so disenfranchised by it all that if there was a place to fuck off to to escape their corrupt self serving bullshit I'd book my fucking flights now.

You poor cunts have to elect either dumb or dumber to run your country through the most turbulent time in recent history....

I'd like to put it in writing now that officially... YOU ARE ALL FUCKED...!!!

Good luck (don't bother coming here we have our own wall building reptiles to deal with)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Like @Yid says, the choice is no choice. Its like saying would you prefer Syphillis or Gonorrhoea, do you want to be kicked in the left bollock or the right one.

I hate politics too, no, that is not right, a political system is vital or we get anarchy, it's these career politicians I hate. I think @Don Diaz is right saying Trump is only in this for Trump, he has a massive mentally ill ego to feed, what I don't get is how anybody in that fuck-awful country could vote for him. He doesn't hide his racism, xenophobia or hatred like Farage, Johnson and the other cunts did here, he is totally open about his nazi views and his supporters see that as being 'honest' and straight up. Fuck me, they are almost as dumb as the voters in this country, at least our numpties have the excuse of being lied to, the septics don't. If this lunatic gets elected and they get what he has promised then I expect they will be like the numpties here who voted as a protest against the government because they were too lazy to investigate what they were voting for and will be all 'oooh I didn't think he would start a war or try and deport 11 million people - oooh I didn't think voting for Brexit would really fuck up the economy and future of the country I was just pissed off with the `Tories'.

Fuck democracy, it is a fucking stupid system, letting stupid or lazy people vote is a really bad idea. Sadly we are affected by what happens in that fucking country, as is the rest of the world, a scary future is in store whoever wins, the Russians are portraying Clinton as a warmonger who will start WWIII, if she wins the cold war will kick off again, let's hope it stays cold! Trump could start a nuclear war with Isisland (he hasn't got a scooby he thinks Islam is a nationality and he's going to make sure no mooslims ever get into that excuse for a country, whoop, whoop, whoop!) maybe he'll start a war with China because they laughed at his ridiculous Barnet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Last time i voted over 25years ago,i voted monster raving looney,the plan to turn the M25 into a one way system got my vote.I havent found anyone worth voting for,I dont give a fuck what economic principle either party produces,which is what it all boils down to.If ever one good man/woman comes along I may go back on the electoral role,but til then fuck em all.

Politics shouldnt be a career,it should be a calling.Two or three party politics just makes it divisive cos you cant support a good thing if another party has started it,fucking ridiculous,they have all forgotten that they are here to serve,not to be served.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'd like to ask our American (or someone with a real knowledge of politics)..... how in fucks name did it get to be a vote between these pair of cunts?

I mean there are a fucking lot of you... billions and these pricks are the best you could come up with...?

I'm not saying our political system is in any way shape or form better, fuck me we have some old hag who no fucker voted for pulling the shots but seriously... what the actual fuck?

Is there no movement over there for political reform? Is no one concerned that for hundreds of years your country has been run by the banks and those who are at the top of the table firmly stay there and save seats for their pals..?

I'm sorry but I want one "opt out" of being a pawn in their system. I no longer want to live in their world or elect them as custodians of my countries best interests.

I fucking hate politics and am so disenfranchised by it all that if there was a place to fuck off to to escape their corrupt self serving bullshit I'd book my fucking flights now.

You poor cunts have to elect either dumb or dumber to run your country through the most turbulent time in recent history....

I'd like to put it in writing now that officially... YOU ARE ALL FUCKED...!!!

Good luck (don't bother coming here we have our own wall building reptiles to deal with)
I'm a historian by trade, so I write about this shit, or at least about how we got here.

I won't bore you with the long version, but suffice it to say that our country is trying to deal with a lot of long-term changes that are affecting yours as well, and legitimate anxieties over these changes are being pretty cynically manipulated by Trump, just as they are by some politicians in your country and in Europe.

There are movements for political reform here, as there are in most other democratic(ish) countries, but over here they're generally stifled by a political system that, because of its structure, is oriented toward only two political parties. I honestly don't know if we're all fucked. As a historian, I know that people have believed that (and said as much) about more or less every election in American history, and for that matter, with every major shift in British politics. The tone of this one is so much different because of Trump's personality, the virulent hatred the Republicans have for the Clintons, and above all the internet and cable TV. It's depressing, and frankly embarrassing, pretty much confirming what most of the world already believes about us. If Clinton wins the presidency but the Senate stays int he hands of the Republicans, this will just be the tip of the iceberg.

All that said, I disagree that there's an equivalency between the two candidates. One has strongly authoritarian, even fascistic tendencies, and the other, while very much an establishment candidate with all the baggage that goes along with that, is stable and competent. I do not like Hillary, and indeed supported her opponent in the Democratic Party nomination process, but for me, there's really no choice. Whereas Trump has openly challenged many basic precepts of democracy, and talked just as openly about doing everything he can to destabilize the rest of the world, Hillary has a series of foibles, some serious, some minor, but all pretty typical of politicians.

It's a shit sandwich, to be sure, and that's part of the reason why I've spent so much time gabbing about football with the likes of you all over the last decade.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Fuck me, they are almost as dumb as the voters in this country, at least our numpties have the excuse of being lied to, the septics don't.
All too true. Trump wears his nastiness on his sleeve. He probably won't win, but we're going to have to face up to the fact that a very large percentage of people voted for him for exactly this reason. As I've gotten older, I've tried to come to terms with the fact that decent people, including people I care about, can believe utterly horrible things, especially related to race.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think there's some socioeconomic term for it but not sure what it is. Essentially when times get tough, nationalism gets stronger, there's lots of historical examples of it including some very recently. The Jews have been commonly victimised over hundreds of years not just by Hitler and the same often goes for any non nationals or different creeds and cultures. Farage , Romanians, Trump Mexicans.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I was at our local dinner dance on Saturday night and was sitting next to a local politician. A former MLA and now a local councillor. Lovely man on a one on one basis but he's the sort of politician that makes me despise politicians. He's the very definition of a career politician, in it for his own ego, for the backslapping. We've tried for years to get his help and backing for the club, the club that he played for in his youth, the town that he grew up in and has spent his life living in, his sons went to school with my lads. The local railway line closed on his watch, public transport in the area went to pish on his watch. I could go on.
I studied politics at A level many moons ago and it gave me a decent understanding of all the isms and why and how they come to the fore but I simply don't have the brainpower to comprehend how anyone can justify a vote for either of these two. I'm totally apathetic to it all. No time for any of it or any of the people involved in it tbh

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm a historian by trade, so I write about this shit, or at least about how we got here.

I won't bore you with the long version, but suffice it to say that our country is trying to deal with a lot of long-term changes that are affecting yours as well, and legitimate anxieties over these changes are being pretty cynically manipulated by Trump, just as they are by some politicians in your country and in Europe.

There are movements for political reform here, as there are in most other democratic(ish) countries, but over here they're generally stifled by a political system that, because of its structure, is oriented toward only two political parties. I honestly don't know if we're all fucked. As a historian, I know that people have believed that (and said as much) about more or less every election in American history, and for that matter, with every major shift in British politics. The tone of this one is so much different because of Trump's personality, the virulent hatred the Republicans have for the Clintons, and above all the internet and cable TV. It's depressing, and frankly embarrassing, pretty much confirming what most of the world already believes about us. If Clinton wins the presidency but the Senate stays int he hands of the Republicans, this will just be the tip of the iceberg.

All that said, I disagree that there's an equivalency between the two candidates. One has strongly authoritarian, even fascistic tendencies, and the other, while very much an establishment candidate with all the baggage that goes along with that, is stable and competent. I do not like Hillary, and indeed supported her opponent in the Democratic Party nomination process, but for me, there's really no choice. Whereas Trump has openly challenged many basic precepts of democracy, and talked just as openly about doing everything he can to destabilize the rest of the world, Hillary has a series of foibles, some serious, some minor, but all pretty typical of politicians.

It's a shit sandwich, to be sure, and that's part of the reason why I've spent so much time gabbing about football with the likes of you all over the last decade.
Thanks for taking the time mate.

I think the systems we have are outmoded for our modern world. They do not work, are manipulated and non representative of the people they are supposed to serve.

I am good friend with an MP in this country and she is a real person who has dragged her arse out of the ghetto and grafted for a career in politics... Unfortunately she is almost resigned at the prospect of being leapfrogged by tory boy Freemasons who stick their dick in far animals and engage in casual paedophilia...

If a politician stood up and said that he wanted to revolutionise our parliament and change it to work for our modern society I'd vote for him without question.

All too often we are told..... make a choice, your destiny is in your hands. Only to be giveen strict parameters to work within and options that are not viable making it a one gorse ra e anyway.

We don't have the right to bear arms so it's pitchforks and raised voices in order for us to take back control.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
All too true. Trump wears his nastiness on his sleeve. He probably won't win, but we're going to have to face up to the fact that a very large percentage of people voted for him for exactly this reason. As I've gotten older, I've tried to come to terms with the fact that decent people, including people I care about, can believe utterly horrible things, especially related to race.
It's a syptom of the media driving fear and hate down our throats every day.

We don't know what we're supposed to be scared of and what we are supposed to hate so we turn to what ever is diferent and project that fear and hate towards it.

The trouble is in the US is that the fabric of their society is so deeply fractured that I genuinely don't think they're far off taking the streets to settle their diferences between themselves. That added to cocktail of freely available firearms is a terifying prospect.

Change needs to happen but their philosophy of quelling the thirst of the liberty tree with the blood of their oppressors is another completely twisted concept.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It's a syptom of the media driving fear and hate down our throats every day.

We don't know what we're supposed to be scared of and what we are supposed to hate so we turn to what ever is diferent and project that fear and hate towards it.

The trouble is in the US is that the fabric of their society is so deeply fractured that I genuinely don't think they're far off taking the streets to settle their diferences between themselves. That added to cocktail of freely available firearms is a terifying prospect.

Change needs to happen but their philosophy of quelling the thirst of the liberty tree with the blood of their oppressors is another completely twisted concept.
I go back and forth on this--there are times when I think that we're more divided and angry than at any point since the 60s, and times when I think that a lot of this is just ginned up media shit. Maybe it doesn't matter, and perception is basically reality. The nature of the media today everywhere is that the loudest and angriest voices will always get the attention. There are a whole subclass of media figures in this country who make a very tidy living by basically pissing people off.

Certainly there are some crazy bastards over here, and the fact that they have access to semi-automatic weapons that they can carry into fucking Starbucks in some states makes things worse. So too does the fact that our police patrol neighborhoods dressed like they're going into Mosul. The weapons thing is actually a symptom of the bigger problem we have here, which is that interest groups have a death grip on our politics. They raise the money, they buy the ads, they destroy candidates that don't toe their line. This is far worse on the right than the left, as groups like the National Rifle Association and the various groups representing the oil industry spend millions to influence elections. Trump actually ran early on as an opponent of some of this, but that was bullshit from the word go.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
Me, too...it's only 1630 here on the West Coast. @J.spurs ... doesn't this have the Orwellian feel of "the proles" against BB? Of course, Trump is no Anya Major. (
)

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
You could throw Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump into a vat of wet concrete, either way, you set a bad president.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sorry, terrible joke!
Yet somehow completely fitting.

@LakewoodSpur It does indeed. I'm also staying up because there are two very important races in my home state of NC--the race for governor and senate. It's going to be a long night.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This is starting to go wrong....Trump wins Ohio

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Canada's immigration online application systems have crashed...ha ha

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
If results continue to go against her, I've heard reports that Clinton will not deliver a concession speech tonight...she will e-mail it and it will be released by Wikileaks tomorrow.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Not over yet, but I'm horrified.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Brexit all over again. life these days is both disturbing and surreal.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well you wanted independance,you wasted a lifetime of tea throwing it in the sea,no way back to the kin folk in UK & ireland.
Best bet is run for the border before the wall goes up,but make sure you are prepared by watching desperado first.

All i got is humour,unbelievable,any chance some states might do a brexit??Hey maybe that 2nd ammendment thing is there for moments like this......

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
@skiathospurs ... Trump's victory preempted any 2nd Amendment action or Texas seceding to become independent. As far as New York? California?...well, not many people in the US would care if the Bay Area, SoCal, or NY (the city part, not the upstate) fell into the sea. Regarding running for the border, the official Canadian government website for immigration information crashed tonight (true!) -- who knew so many Hollywood celebs were bitten by the ice hockey bug? All I know is that I'm going to have seek psychological help because of what will be a dramatic lack of phone calls to my house starting tomorrow -- don't they still want to talk to me?

Seriously, I think way too much was manufactured and peddled by the media (in my opinion, they are the real losers tonight) as some of the posters above mentioned. It is often very difficult for us in the US (I can't imagine how hard it would be for you folks abroad) to get anything remotely resembling the truth from the media. They made up so many polls (call 7 Democrats and 3 Republicans and then claim the Dem candidate has a big lead -- lots of Trump supporters maintained an "undecided" posture to avoid confrontations) and fabricated so many false flag stories it was ridiculous (I can't believe some of the outrageous stuff I saw on foreign sites concerning the election -- I kept having to check to be sure they were talking about the US election!). Most people I know had made up their minds long before today and with many states having early/mail-in balloting, the gas-lighting efforts of the media fell flat. Interestingly, for better or for worse (I guess we'll find out although I can't believe it can get any worse than Obama),our Founding Fathers never envisioned a professional political class to rule the country; so Trump's victory more closely resembles how we originally thought our country would decide our elections. I don't know how the UK will accept him, but Trump should be well-received in Slovenia, his wife's home country....hey, that's a start!

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Holey moley, America have voted in a man with no political nous, which may or may not be a good thing. Some people grow into their jobs.
We will however see the blood drain from his face when they brief him on just how much doodoo his country is in. I don't like either of them but he may well be a breath of fresh air, or he will be backtracking for months on his pre election promises to nuild a wall, drain the swamp etc......

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So now that fucking place is officially a rogue nation, it is in my opinion. I used to hate America but not the United Statesians, I had a feeling that deep down the majority were decent, normal people.

OK, so now the majority have voted in a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, mysogynistic mentally ill, unintelligent nazi who has said he wants to 'take out' the families of terrorists. He has openly said he wants to murder innocent people - and he gets voted in as President?

He says that Mexicans coming to the US are murderers, rapists and drug dealers and he is going to deport 11 million latinos. He says that the drug problems in that poxy country are caused by Mexico, not by the demand of the buyers ...and he gets voted in as President?

He has also bragged about the criminal acts he has committed on women - who he thinks are provided for his sexual gratification, unless of course they are 'pigs' as he calls them, as well as fat, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals. All this and he gets voted in as President?

He wants to ban Muslims fro the US, how the fuck he would do that I don't know. Would he deport the US citizens who were muslims back to 'Islamland?' He judges billions of people around the World by the actions of a tiny minority and he gets voted in as Presicent?

Goodbye America, and goodbye Americans., I have had enough of you now and hopefully the rest of the World will have as well and you can have the splendid isolationism the majority of you want. I feel sorry for the decent, human beings there but you should have stopped this.