By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Victor Wanyama

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
To be honest didn't see much of him last year but always rated him. Remember wanting him when he played for Celtic but looks like we got him for a steel at £11mill. Just hope he can produce the goods.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tell you what,from what I seen on his twitter,he seems a good bloke with a lot of humour and doesnt take himself too seriously.He will be good for team spirit and for picking up that elusive 10th card when we play chelsea next.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Daily Hotspur ‏@Daily_Hotspur

.@VictorWanyama: "I know there are a lot of Arsenal fans in Kenya but they should now shift their support to Spurs. I wont disappoint them,There can only be one big team in North London and it is going to be Tottenham."
CmT6LfMW8AAeY6m.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There's a lot of stuff on the official site and twitter @SpursOfficial

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Kenya have decided not to call up Victor Wanyama to the squad for their upcoming friendlies to allow him to focus on his fitness

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Kenya have decided not to call up Victor Wanyama to the squad for their upcoming friendlies to allow him to focus on his fitness
Brilliant.....I assume that means the Poch fitness regime at Spurs, because he looked perfectly fit enough on Sunday.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He is in this months 442 magazine

Roy Keane is his idol; he likes spaghetti; he played without boots until he was 15, then scored against Barcelona six years later. There aren't many things that intimidate Tottenham's Victor Wanyama... well, apart from Paranormal Activity 3. We caught up with the Kenya captain to talk everything from Mauricio Pochettino and the Champions League to social media and scary movies.

newissuewanyama.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
442 magazine rates Poch as the 19th best in the world......there are 18 better out there apparently? one of whom is Ronald Koeman.....the best according to the mag Diego Simeone, Pep's at 2 and Jose at 3....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
442 magazine rates Poch as the 19th best in the world......there are 18 better out there apparently? one of whom is Ronald Koeman.....the best according to the mag Diego Simeone, Pep's at 2 and Jose at 3....
Just goes to show is you package and market shit right most morons will still buy it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just goes to show is you package and market shit right most morons will still buy it.
I know what you mean but to be fair many of the others in front of him are pretty decent and have titles and cups to their name over a long period. There are one or two exceptions though....I wouldn't want any of the other 18 right now, including Pep.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I know what you mean but to be fair many of the others in front of him are pretty decent and have titles and cups to their name over a long period. There are one or two exceptions though....I wouldn't want any of the other 18 right now, including Pep.
sherwood was #4 right??

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I wouldn't want any coach over Pch right now either @Don Diaz. The turn around over a couple of season under him has been remarkable, he's got rid of all the deadwood, Ade, Soldado (loved him but had to go) Chiriches, Paulinho, Bentaled, Mason (liked him but not up to it for us),and now has a young hungry squad who last season will have learned a lot about themselves and what they want for this season. All this has been done whilst other clubs have been throwing money at players and managers in the hope of success and we've built a talented squad on a fractionof the money spent by the big boys and are able to compete with them, whilst building a new stadium and enjoying CL footy at Wembley!!!

Long live the Poch!!!!

after typing this I just realised I'm in the Wanyama thread, been a great signing especially in the absence of Dembele!!!!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
What's the latest on Victory's injury?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
That's not really 'good news' that the Poch was giving the journey, he just hoped the injury wasnt' bad, we all do, but we'll have to wait to get some real news i suppose.

Well, the news part of that is the two journos saying the same thing on Twitter... the Poch update is just typical Poch stuff

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Club saying he's out for a few weeks with a knee injury.

D

Dustin

Player in Training.
Last post was from 2017. Should just stop at that...

Just went to the Kenya vs Togo match, wearing my spurs shirt. Ended 1 - 1. Walking back after the match was rightly approached relentlessly by Kenyans about what a waste of space Wanyama was. If I didn’t show up looking for him, he would have not stood out of a giant group of (mostly) unremarkable players on very unremarkable teams.

Some of my favorite quotes of the night from random people:

(When I sat down) “Is Wanyama playing?” — “Yeah he’s the fat one in the middle.”

“How can a premier player give the ball away that many times? How is that possible?”

“He’s too old, we respect him, but he just can’t do it anymore.” — Me:“He isn't that old, he just had a big injury and barely plays for his club” — “No, we know him, he’s about 34....I play football, we all say we’re younger than we are. His brother’s like 40. He’s old.”

“He needs to go to the US or China and make some money”

These are all from die hard supporters about a legendary national team player. He played DM in a very loose double pivot, I can’t recall him putting in a tackle all game - though he probably did. But was a passenger, and gave the ball away repeatedly.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Just went to the Kenya vs Togo match, wearing my spurs shirt. Ended 1 - 1. Walking back after the match was rightly approached relentlessly by Kenyans about what a waste of space Wanyama was. If I didn’t show up looking for him, he would have not stood out of a giant group of (mostly) unremarkable players on very unremarkable teams.

(When I sat down) “Is Wanyama playing?” — “Yeah he’s the fat one in the middle.”

“How can a premier player give the ball away that many times? How is that possible?”

“He’s too old, we respect him, but he just can’t do it anymore.” — Me:“He isn't that old, he just had a big injury and barely plays for his club” — “No, we know him, he’s about 34....I play football, we all say we’re younger than we are. His brother’s like 40. He’s old.”

These are all from die hard supporters about a legendary national team player. He played DM in a very loose double pivot, I can’t recall him putting in a tackle all game - though he probably did. But was a passenger, and gave the ball away repeatedly.

Remember Obafemi Martin's. Guy looked ancient. Apparently he was 7 years older than he said.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Jeez the bloke is only 28......

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Made his first team debut at 11
Let's cut off one of his legs and count the rings. See if it makes any difference to his passing (although I will never forget the power of that shot against Liverpool). Such a short career with us really, it's a shame if he's done.