By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Vitessse (A) Alternative Champions League Today, 17:45

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
4-4 anyone? Got to admire how hard Vitesse work and skills upfront

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I suppose it will take time for Conte to beat them into shape, but is that Emerson bloke worth wasting effort on? I don't know why but I don't rate him at all. I expect we'll get another 3 or 4 in the second half but can we stop them getting 5? Is it fun? Yeah, probably, I've forgotten what that is like.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
This should make things interesting. Playing 4-4-1 with Kane up front running with sandbags in his pants.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We really know how to make a first impression.🙄

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
How many are going to be left of the pitch by the time this is over?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I have no fucking idea what to think about that.
Utterly bizarre game. It was an improvement but a complete basket case of a game. At least some seem to care again. Winks went forward with ball to, twice!!!!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We won & at this time, that's what matters.
Conte has had 2 days to assess this squad.
He changed the formation & the first 30 mins were indicative of what we're capable of.
He energized the side & we came out flying.
After that, we were essentially running on fumes.
Once they get fitter, we should be better. Add 2-3 prioritized players in January, get rid of deadwood, & we'll be a formidable side.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I suppose it will take time for Conte to beat them into shape, but is that Emerson bloke worth wasting effort on? I don't know why but I don't rate him at all. I expect we'll get another 3 or 4 in the second half but can we stop them getting 5? Is it fun? Yeah, probably, I've forgotten what that is like.
I agree about Emerson. Happy to be proved wrong, but I don’t much rate him either. There’s a reason the worst Barca team in recent memory wanted rid of him.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
He changed the formation & the first 30 mins were indicative of what we're capable of.
Once they get fitter, we should be better. Add 2-3 prioritized players in January, get rid of deadwood, & we'll be a formidable side.
I get the feeling January might be used to trim the squad down so we can improve early doors in the summer. One of the biggest things holding us back in the transfer windows is having to sell so get rid now as many players aren't good enough anyway. If we can get quality in January then great but realistically top players rarely move mid season.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I was interested to see Davies at the left side of a back 3 as he's done very well there before for Wales. Crazy game but a win is a win I suppose. A performance like that after 2 days with Conte was better than most of the last 2 months under Nuno.

Just need to flutter our collective eyelids at Newcastle to take a few players in January for starters.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

The get fitter bit always seems strange to me with a professional footballer . It's nothing against the players though really, I remember reading that about Mourinho yonks ago that he expected his team's to keep themselves fit. Problem is your own head will make you stop when someone else driving you on would make you keep going .

I'm sure I'm not alone in this when I say I can't wait to see the team simply 'run around a bit'

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I agree about Emerson. Happy to be proved wrong, but I don’t much rate him either. There’s a reason the worst Barca team in recent memory wanted rid of him.
I agree, but he's still very young and definitely has 'potential'. At the moment he's often caught out of position and his final ball is woeful.

I'd like to see Tanganga get some games - he's good and I think possibly better than Emerson and Reguilon at the moment. Hojbjerg is also a bit of a worry, not having as good a season as last and Skipp had a poor game as well giving the ball away a lot.

In the plus column we moved the ball quicker, ran faster and further and scored 3 goals....it was a crazy fun watch and I haven't said that for a while, properly Spursy pantomime stuff....and we won, which was also very necessary.

Don Tony spoke much sense after the game (and looked exhausted) and so did Glen Hoddle on the feed that I watched. Including 'Stadiums don't win trophies' and 'Levy leave the football side alone'

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I agree, but he's still very young and definitely has 'potential'. At the moment he's often caught out of position and his final ball is woeful.

I'd like to see Tanganga get some games - he's good and I think possibly better than Emerson and Reguilon at the moment. Hojbjerg is also a bit of a worry, not having as good a season as last and Skipp had a poor game as well giving the ball away a lot.

In the plus column we moved the ball quicker, ran faster and further and scored 3 goals....it was a crazy fun watch and I haven't said that for a while, properly Spursy pantomime stuff....and we won, which was also very necessary.

Don Tony spoke much sense after the game (and looked exhausted) and so did Glen Hoddle on the feed that I watched. Including 'Stadiums don't win trophies' and 'Levy leave the football side alone'
Tanganga is an interesting one under Don Tony--he can play at RB, but not sure about RWB. IMO he's probably better suited to playing on the right of a back three. You're right about Emerson, of course he needs a bit of time. I'm wondering if Doherty will get a look in, especially since he was very good playing as a wing back at Wolves. Either way, what a different state we're in than a few years ago, when we had Trippier pushing Kyle Walker for the RB position.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
From what I understand of Tony's system - which surely must be adaptable anyway - when we have the ball, the outside CBs magically transform into FBs, one of the DMs stays home to help the centre centreback, and the wingback pretend they're wingers. Thinking Japhet needs work going forward - which isn't to say he can't do it - and Royal needs it for shaping up when we don't have the ball.

Not sure how that will play out, but I reckon we need both, regardless of what happens to Doherty (which I think will be a "let's go for a walk in the forest Matt" kind of ending).