By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

WBA PL (A) Sun 8th Nov 2020 12.00

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That’s a brilliant touch header by Kane.

We’ve stolen another one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
kin hell that was a tough watch.Well into the break,sort of game those 2pts can make a difference later on.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Feel like there’s been a few too many STOP THE COUNT jokes but oh well:
1604843707470.png

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Get in!

Just had a look at our fixtures after the international break...City, Chavs, Arse, Dippers and Leicester in the next 6 league games...Yikes!

Fuck it, top of the table (might not last long) and a bloody clean sheet, happy days!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Winning ugly but winning. We rode our luck today but we'll take it.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The fight we have shown in the last 3 EPL games has been excellent. 9 points and no Spursy moments along the way.

Not great to watch but football wise, but it’s great to see attitude, concentration and discipline to get the result we need

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There’s a pattern here - 3 ugly wins on the bounce, Maureen style football.....guess that’s what you need to win things eh? None of our stars seemed really on it today and WBA were decent. Nice to be top of the pile at least for a few hours and thank god for Kane. Happy Days!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There’s a pattern here - 3 ugly wins on the bounce, Maureen style football.....guess that’s what you need to win things eh? None of our stars seemed really on it today and WBA were decent. Nice to be top of the pile at least for a few hours and thank god for Kane. Happy Days!
Son was awful,sissoko bad,bale poor,hojbjerg and ndobby average,but dier was very good,toby,reggy alright,doherty gets a pass with his assist and Kane pulled it out the bag.
once again we were ponderous and open to them attacking,I dont think this ugly win was by design.Top for 32 mins til vardy scored,apparently its the 1st time in 6 years we have gone top.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Son was awful,sissoko bad,bale poor,hojbjerg and ndobby average,but dier was very good,toby,reggy alright,doherty gets a pass with his assist and Kane pulled it out the bag.
once again we were ponderous and open to them attacking,I dont think this ugly win was by design.Top for 32 mins til vardy scored,apparently its the 1st time in 6 years we have gone top.
This is a good point. I'm prepared to chalk the performance up to legginess after the game in Bulgaria, and fuck knows we've dropped a lot of points after Thursday trips over the years..

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This is a good point. I'm prepared to chalk the performance up to legginess after the game in Bulgaria, and fuck knows we've dropped a lot of points after Thursday trips over the years..
The 3pts make it ok,0-0 or worse would have left us open to "bottling it spursy" tags.So I will take the win,but brighton and wba have outplayed us truth be told last 2 games.Sooner or later that catches up with you.Dont know why,looks like our mojo attacking wise has gone again,I dont think son kane and bale is as good as it looks,bale and son hanging around not pressing,kane drops into eriksen territory and we are looking for a moment to turn a game.Sissoko looks best driving forward with the ball,even if his next pass is tosh,perhaps ndobby being their doesnt allow this?he is better on the right covering when serge goes missing,when doherty is more at home its like he doesnt have a role?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to Sky Sports:
"
We are top of the table but other clubs have a match in hand so let’s see what happens.

"Honestly if Liverpool and Leicester win it is not a problem for me at all, the first important thing was to get the three points, three wins in a row for the first time this season and by getting 12 points from 12 away we compensate for the dropped points at home.

"This match was very difficult. West Brom showed how much they are with Slaven Bilic because the way they fought to try and get the positive result says everything. I wish them the best and I am pretty sure with this commitment Slaven will take them from where they are now.

"We defended well, we were compact but they were very good tactically. Three very important points for us."

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport about Harry Kane scoring his 150th Premier League goal: "I prefer not to speak because he speaks by himself. Because some other players can have an incredible goal record but after that, what they did? This guy does much more than scoring goals. For example, last five minutes he was playing as a number six and winning balls in front of the defence. Special.

"Every team, if you want to have a good position in the table and want to win objectives you need to win matches like this. We managed a clean sheet, we managed to be safe defensively.

"I feel satisfaction because we won and have 17 points and have 12 in 12 possible away from home and that compensates the dropped points at home, for this reason I am happy.

“These two wins away 1-0, Burnley and here, they can tell us it is not always possible to play beautiful and to score three or four goals and be fluent. You need to keep clean sheets, we tried to score, we tried and tried and tried. We forced all the way against a very organised opponent.

“When we scored with five or six minutes to go it was time to fight, time to give everything. This is the way sometimes to win points.

“We leave on the bus now and we are top of the league and when we arrive in London we could be third so no point to get carried away.

“Now they go to national teams and time for me to have a couple of days rest. I keep saying the same, one day I will be a national team coach and will want to win the same way as they do so I don’t complain when they want their players to win matches."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The fight we have shown in the last 3 EPL games has been excellent. 9 points and no Spursy moments along the way.

Not great to watch but football wise, but it’s great to see attitude, concentration and discipline to get the result we need
Nah mate, not having that even a teeny bit. We could have really easily dropped points today and against Burnley and the penalty against Brighton would not have been given if the VAR man's guide dog had gone to Specsavers. Those 9 points were more luck than anything else and we need to improve massively to hold on to a top four place.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We won while playing poorly...

Harry Kane was the sole difference for me, his class dragged our lame arses through... everything else in that game was utterly forgettable.

That game was crying out for GLC & Lamella to start... we needed fight and grit to break them down not Bale and his 70% effort at most for an hour. I dont think Fatbelé had a poor game by any measure in fact he played well, but we needed industry today and GLC has that in spades as well as a bit of culture.

But, we still won and 3 points in a game we would usually conspire to throw away, is a great sign... as many great sides have done it in the past.

For some simply winning all the time is good enough... I want a bit more, the winning is great but please entertain me or there is zero glory in it for me personally.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I actually thought Bale was pretty good. He's just a very different player these days. His brute strength and pace have diminished (unless he is a long way from full fitness) but the craft is still there. I also think it will take some time for him to work out the best way to integrate with Son and Kane.

Sonny needs a break. He looks cooked at the moment and played very poorly. Agree with @Yid that the game needed Lamela. The one thing we need to do when a team sets up the way WBA did is pressure the last man. Lamela does that better than anyone in the league.

Dier was very good. Toby was also excellent. N'dombele is reminding me more and more of Dembele every time he plays but still doesn't look 100% fit. His control and release to Sonny that should have been buried was world-class. I doubt any other footballer in Europe could have pulled that off.

Reguillon was good. Not sure what to make of Doherty. Defensively he is sound enough and his end product is of higher quality than Aurier's but Aurier is much better at getting himself into dangerous areas. It's a bit of a riddle for me. I certainly think that Serge has a part to play in our squad and I'm not even sure Doherty is that much of an upgrade at this point. I suppose he needs to be given time.

Sissoko gets caned on here sometimes. I don't understand it. He's certainly an uncultured shittruck of a footballer but he does break up play and he does have one hell of an engine. For me, he is an important part of what we do.

Hojbjerg was again outstanding.

Kane was Kane, although his passing was a little off. He does try to do a bit much at times but when you are as good as he is, why not?

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I didn't see the match so have very little to go on other than what is stated on here. May look for the highlights.
I enjoy watching Spurs games, particularly when their in the groove & playing fluidly but feel kinda fortunate I didn't wake at 4 am to watch this one as I had my own match later in the morning.

Can you guess my locale given the time dif?

PS we won 4-1

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I didn't see the match so have very little to go on other than what is stated on here. May look for the highlights.
I enjoy watching Spurs games, particularly when their in the groove & playing fluidly but feel kinda fortunate I didn't wake at 4 am to watch this one as I had my own match later in the morning.

Can you guess my locale given the time dif?

PS we won 4-1

West Coast USA?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Close. First two words are correct.
Remember, you recently visited my city.
When I realized you were here, I contacted you but you were leaving the next day.

Well that's embarrassing. :eek:

As an aside, as soon as Covid fucks off (vaccine or like magic, it just disappears) the missus and I will head back for some skiing at Whistler.

We'll have a couple of beers then.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Huge three points.
Onward and upward

It was turgid crap though, wasn't it?

I think we all fully understand that there are games that will be a grind and a 1-0 win is very nearly as good as a 4-0 win. And I think we all get that these matches will often happen after midweek European fixtures. But we can't really be relying on late winners as we have been. Yes we got 3 points, but truth is that we should have dropped points in our last 3 fixtures and have been a bit fortunate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

I think we all fully understand that there are games that will be a grind and a 1-0 win is very nearly as good as a 4-0 win. And I think we all get that these matches will often happen after midweek European fixtures. But we can't really be relying on late winners as we have been. Yes we got 3 points, but truth is that we should have dropped points in our last 3 fixtures and have been a bit fortunate.
For me its more worrying its been a succession of matches in this vein.But our luck is holding,the next 6 fixtures in the league are brutal,but normally we raise our game in those,here`s hoping to that.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
For me its more worrying its been a succession of matches in this vein.But our luck is holding,the next 6 fixtures in the league are brutal,but normally we raise our game in those,here`s hoping to that.

Reckon we need 12 points from those fixtures to be a realistic title chance. Anything less and we leave ourselves too much to do.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

agreed. Paper over the cracks with the wins. Hopefully the international break helps a bit with fatigue and such.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hang on a minute people.....we've just win 3 games on the bounce, 2 of which were away against teams already fighting for their lives. The most recent of which WBA, were 3-0 up against Chelsea recently. I'd agree that the football hasn't been pretty, but that's the way that Burnley and Brighton play. We're starting to sound a little bit entitled aren't we? The alternative view was that we could have drawn or lost these games been about 12th in the league and had really something to grumble about. We're also one of the top scoring sides in the league and have kept a couple of clean sheets.

Now I'm not the managers biggest fan and maybe he's changed course after the West Ham game, but we're only 8 games in and are where we should be in the league, considering the opposition. We'll see what sort of results we get when we play teams that want to play and are a bit more 'open'. For now I'd say we're doing pretty bloody well, as the new players bed in and the busy schedule takes it toll a bit. Not great football in the last 3 games and a tough watch but 9 points. I'm looking forward to more entertaining stuff against the likes of City, Arsenal and Liverpool, tough tests to come.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hang on a minute people.....we've just win 3 games on the bounce, 2 of which were away against teams already fighting for their lives. The most recent of which WBA, were 3-0 up against Chelsea recently. I'd agree that the football hasn't been pretty, but that's the way that Burnley and Brighton play. We're starting to sound a little bit entitled aren't we? The alternative view was that we could have drawn or lost these games been about 12th in the league and had really something to grumble about. We're also one of the top scoring sides in the league and have kept a couple of clean sheets.

Now I'm not the managers biggest fan and maybe he's changed course after the West Ham game, but we're only 8 games in and are where we should be in the league, considering the opposition. We'll see what sort of results we get when we play teams that want to play and are a bit more 'open'. For now I'd say we're doing pretty bloody well, as the new players bed in and the busy schedule takes it toll a bit. Not great football in the last 3 games and a tough watch but 9 points. I'm looking forward to more entertaining stuff against the likes of City, Arsenal and Liverpool, tough tests to come.
For me its also because my eyes have told me burnley aside,brighton and west brom played better than us.I dont think getting clean sheets and looking more solid is by design,what I mean is sacrificing attractive attack football for the bus,To me we have rode our luck,other teams had great chances,and son,bale,kane have dug us out.The points are really nice and paper over the performance.We arent far away from a bournemouth,sheff utd result though if we carry on pushing it (our luck).
I do hope that bigger games against bigger teams will bring the best out of us,and without crowds watching matches is a different experience and probably different to play in too.

Its not doom and gloom,just could do better possibly tainted by a bit of buswankersaurus dislike still.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
For me its also because my eyes have told me burnley aside,brighton and west brom played better than us.I dont think getting clean sheets and looking more solid is by design,what I mean is sacrificing attractive attack football for the bus,To me we have rode our luck,other teams had great chances,and son,bale,kane have dug us out.The points are really nice and paper over the performance.We arent far away from a bournemouth,sheff utd result though if we carry on pushing it (our luck).
I do hope that bigger games against bigger teams will bring the best out of us,and without crowds watching matches is a different experience and probably different to play in too.

Its not doom and gloom,just could do better possibly tainted by a bit of buswankersaurus dislike still.
Fair enough and behind the scenes there might be a whole heap of reasons, including weariness. But yesterday, had Son scored after about 10 minutes we would have watched an entirely different game. Also don't forget some of the 'top' teams have suffered from several poor performances United being the best example but also City vs Leicester and Leeds, Liverpool vs Villa, Sheffield United. So we're not in a minority here. Arsenal lol.

I still don't like Mourinho, even less so since I heard he has described Lo Celso as lazy without the ball - more of the Dele treatment? but I do like winning games ugly sometimes, as long as it's not all the time. Liverpool got away with it in the 70's as I recall........and I'd certainly settle for it if it brought us significant Silverware or a title for a season.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I'm sure we'll play a better brand of football against the better teams in the next few games, we'll have to. Why do we have to drop to the level of the opposition all the time? It's painful to watch and I'm just on edge the whole match waiting for us to give away a penalty for some dodgy handball. Can't even drink my way through it at that time of the morning.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm sure we'll play a better brand of football against the better teams in the next few games, we'll have to. Why do we have to drop to the level of the opposition all the time? It's painful to watch and I'm just on edge the whole match waiting for us to give away a penalty for some dodgy handball. Can't even drink my way through it at that time of the morning.
No fucking commitment...