By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

WBA PL (A) Sun 8th Nov 2020 12.00

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
He tears you apart doesn't he ? Mr Mourinho..Here we are, right up there, winning games, keeping clean sheets, but still alot of us are still going "meh".....and why is that ?
Personally, the footballing traditions of this club on the pitch are being challenged and let's face it, sacrificed in order to get the result required. Is this what we want ? Silverware, but have opposition fans chant.."boring boring Tottenham" or "1-0 to the Spurs"...?? Are we happy to sit back, at home, and try to counterattack or knick one from a set piece ? I'm not....
Klopp, Pep, and even the likes of Bielsa have proved that you CAN play the game in an exciting way and win. You can attack the opposition from the whistle, especially at home and be relentless, regardless of how the opposition is set up.
I'm a romantic. Yes I want us to win the league after so many years and to have an FA Cup back in the cabinet again would be great...but I also want us to win things with flair. I can only hope that's not to much to wish for...maybe I'm nieve I want trophies, but I want them won the Spurs way if at all possible....and I think, it is.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think 90% of us are in the same boat. We love spurs because of how we did things, not because of what we did.

Trouble is past tense is applicable.....!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He tears you apart doesn't he ? Mr Mourinho..Here we are, right up there, winning games, keeping clean sheets, but still alot of us are still going "meh".....and why is that ?
Personally, the footballing traditions of this club on the pitch are being challenged and let's face it, sacrificed in order to get the result required. Is this what we want ? Silverware, but have opposition fans chant.."boring boring Tottenham" or "1-0 to the Spurs"...?? Are we happy to sit back, at home, and try to counterattack or knick one from a set piece ? I'm not....
Klopp, Pep, and even the likes of Bielsa have proved that you CAN play the game in an exciting way and win. You can attack the opposition from the whistle, especially at home and be relentless, regardless of how the opposition is set up.
I'm a romantic. Yes I want us to win the league after so many years and to have an FA Cup back in the cabinet again would be great...but I also want us to win things with flair. I can only hope that's not to much to wish for...maybe I'm nieve I want trophies, but I want them won the Spurs way if at all possible....and I think, it is.
Look we all agree with the sentiment but memories are sadly lacking here..............I remember many games under Poch at Wembley and WHL against the likes of WBA (when they went 1-0 up early and we drew 1-1) Crystal Palace, West Ham, Huddersfield, Watford and countless others over the years that have been slow, turgid to watch and at the same time we were beating Liverpool 4-1 and Real Madrid 3-1 and scoring hatfuls of goals in other games - like 6-1 against United and 5-2 against Saints. It's football. The smaller teams have often produced terrible games, regardless of manager, players or style, and not just for us. You'll remember Andros winning the game at City for Palace a year or so ago?

I'm definitely not defending Mourinho, I don't like him *apart from the way he defended Harry Kane recently),but as I said before we're winning these ugly games not drawing them and that's a good thing. Ugly games are not new, it's just that we've had 3 back to back that's all.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Look we all agree with the sentiment but memories are sadly lacking here..............I remember many games under Poch at Wembley and WHL against the likes of WBA (when they went 1-0 up early and we drew 1-1) Crystal Palace, West Ham, Huddersfield, Watford and countless others over the years that have been slow, turgid to watch and at the same time we were beating Liverpool 4-1 and Real Madrid 3-1 and scoring hatfuls of goals in other games - like 6-1 against United and 5-2 against Saints. It's football. The smaller teams have often produced terrible games, regardless of manager, players or style, and not just for us. You'll remember Andros winning the game at City for Palace a year or so ago?

I'm definitely not defending Mourinho, I don't like him *apart from the way he defended Harry Kane recently),but as I said before we're winning these ugly games not drawing them and that's a good thing. Ugly games are not new, it's just that we've had 3 back to back that's all.
I'm going to reserve judgement for another 6 games. That's when we'll know whether Mourinho has got it right. In the 8 games we've played, 6 of them are in the bottom half of the table. Liverpool have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Everton & City and are on the same points as us. So yeah, it's a good sign that we're winning these scrappy games, but it's worth diddly squat if we dont take the points off the teams competing at the top....so I'll wait in hope.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm going to reserve judgement for another 6 games. That's when we'll know whether Mourinho has got it right. In the 8 games we've played, 6 of them are in the bottom half of the table. Liverpool have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Everton & City and are on the same points as us. So yeah, it's a good sign that we're winning these scrappy games, but it's worth diddly squat if we dont take the points off the teams competing at the top....so I'll wait in hope.
Yep agreed, but that wasn't the original theme of the moan, it was style of play. I had no idea that Liverpool have already played many of the bigger teams, as you say, that's our acid test (in terms of points) to come. It will also be interesting to note the style of play. Particularly against Liverpool and Chelsea, both away games. If Mourinho resorts to type and takes the new Spurs bus with him to those games, regardless of points I will be the first to agree with all those saying our traditional flair and attack minded culture has been sacrificed.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Perhaps 'To Dare is To Do' is being brave to change the dynamics of the way Spurs played football historically and to sacrifice the performance to achieve results.

Perhaps 'The game is about glory' is what we are focussing on. To achieve glory is to win at all costs, not caring about how we play, but caring about doing what we can to win.

Just a thought...

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Perhaps 'To Dare is To Do' is being brave to change the dynamics of the way Spurs played football historically and to sacrifice the performance to achieve results.

Perhaps 'The game is about glory' is what we are focussing on. To achieve glory is to win at all costs, not caring about how we play, but caring about doing what we can to win.

Just a thought...

It's an interesting thought

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Just a thought...
he's certainly buying himself the right at the moment. Let's see how we do against City and Arsenal at home and equally importantly Liverpool and Chelsea away, they are going to be a proper test for our defence. It's a good time or was this week to be playing City and Arsenal, who knows after the International break and a bollocking? Another thing that is in our favour at present is the lack of injuries. There you go just jinxed that.......apologies in advance.