By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Welcome Georges-Kevin Nkoudou

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CrOeg9JWAAEff8i.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur have signed Marseille winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou for £9m on a five-year deal.
The 21-year-old played 41 times in all competitions for the French club last season, scoring 10 goals.
Nkoudou, a France Under-21 international, joined Marseille from fellow French top-flight side Nantes in June 2015 for £1.28m.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The 21-year-old has signed a contract with the Club until 2021 and will wear the number 14 shirt.

CrNDjC5WYAEGd-Y.jpg

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I know absolutely nothing about him so good luck to him and I sit here waiting to be impressed.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Hopefully he's as exciting as that other French bloke who wore number 14 on his shirt.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Good luck to him, I also know nothing so don't have any expectation. Looking forward to seeing what he brings.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://ht.ly/5D8b3044M89
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is excited with the arrival of Georges-Kevin Nkoudou.

Nkoudou joined Spurs on transfer deadline day and has committed his long-term future to the club courtesy of a five-year deal.

“GK is very young, he's a player who can improve and can surprise everyone," Pochettino told the club's official website.

"His qualities are unbelievable, he's an explosive player who can play on the left or inside with both feet and he has a very good mentality.

"He needs time because he's young and still needs to work hard.

"He hasn't had a pre-season and he's still improving his fitness, so he needs a few weeks more to be ready."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Translated:

Calm down, don't expect too much.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Great start from the 10 minutes or so that we saw.......looks a better prospect than N'jie, but to be fair he never really got going.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a cameo.....

More of that please young man.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Georges-Kévin N'Koudou is determined to make it at Tottenham.

The former Olympique Marseille winger has battled to make an impact since his August arrival, with just three fleeting appearances in the Premier League.

"This is a great English club with ambition," he says.

"Why Tottenham? First, because it's an English club and that since I was little, I dreamed of playing in England. Second, because it is a great club that always plays at the top of the table and who will play in the Champions League this season, in a great stadium with a beautiful audience."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'd like to see GKN get a proper run out soon. Maybe in one of the games coming up like Swansea, Hull or Burnley. We're not really going to know how good he is until he gets a few starts. Certainly in the few glimpses we've seen there is a lot of potential.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone know why GKN isn't getting any sort of game time.....? I think he's fit and we could do with some pace. Obviously we didn't see much of N'Jie, I hope he gets some sort of chance otherwise why bother signing him in the first place. He might have been a good option rather than Sissoko against Monaco when we needed a goal. Just a thought and against Chelsea there will be space behind their full backs.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Anyone know why GKN isn't getting any sort of game time.....? I think he's fit and we could do with some pace. Obviously we didn't see much of N'Jie, I hope he gets some sort of chance otherwise why bother signing him in the first place. He might have been a good option rather than Sissoko against Monaco when we needed a goal. Just a thought and against Chelsea there will be space behind their full backs.
From what I've seen I've liked this lad more than Sissoko to be honest and not sure why he doesn't get mroe game time than he does.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
I'm not sure how Sissoko is getting picked in front of this kid. From what I've seen of him we've been crying out for a bit of pace in the team (although can't remember if Son and GKN play on the same side) for a while and could have done with him.

His signing baffles me even more as the way we chased him down I thought he would be ready to go into the starting 11 if and when we needed him (when we caught up with the training and stuff),but so far he's barely had a sniff.