By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Welcome Moussa Sissoko

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Really for me it's just been the position change. When he was lining up in advanced roles it just wasn't working. He is a simple player like you say. He isn't going to receive the ball near the corner flag stationary and beat a few guys. Hes kinda clumsy.

Now though he is asked to use his size to retrieve the ball and drive forward to feed attackers... This he is good at!

Another thing I have noticed is I think Poch has told him not to play like Winks, or Dembele, allowing players to come to them before passing. Sissoko seems to have been told to pass in space. Again this suits him.

I think the team he is in now helps massively. He seems like a guy who loved the challenge of being good enough. He was a bit of a shoe in at Newcastle (to my knowledge).

He needs a goal so badly as he is getting in advanced positions now and looking for passes, as his shooting confidence is gone.

I've slagged him no end, so humble pie for me and fair fucks to him!
I think we all have given him some stick, although we gave hime a lot more time than the lost boys in Neverland who wanted him sold 5 minutes after we bought him and were in the Poch Out mob the day that Dutch twat Van Gob swerved us. It's good to see him playing like we thought he could, if he gets anywhere near the player he was for France in the 2014 World Cup I will be a happy bunny. I'm happy enough with how he is playing now but I think he has a lot more to offer.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I think we all have given him some stick, although we gave hime a lot more time than the lost boys in Neverland who wanted him sold 5 minutes after we bought him and were in the Poch Out mob the day that Dutch twat Van Gob swerved us. It's good to see him playing like we thought he could, if he gets anywhere near the player he was for France in the 2014 World Cup I will be a happy bunny. I'm happy enough with how he is playing now but I think he has a lot more to offer.

Yeah World Cup is where we saw the potential I guess. To be honest I think he is nearly there!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah World Cup is where we saw the potential I guess. To be honest I think he is nearly there!
Lots of space to play in at that world cup.... if we have pace in our team then he gets more in the middle as the play is stretched...

He does need confidence tho and a goal in the cup final, against the Chavz to put us 3-0 up with an hour gone may just be enough...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He reminds me of YaYa Toure......seems to lope around the pitch slightly awkwardly but also deceptively quickly. Breaks up play well now jas a pass in him, just needs to add goals.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
He reminds me of YaYa Toure......seems to lope around the pitch slightly awkwardly but also deceptively quickly. Breaks up play well now jas a pass in him, just needs to add goals.

If he starts scoring like Yaya then we would have an extra goal threat flip sake to add to Kane, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Moura and Aurier apparently!

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Not in the same league yet. Yaya was skilful as fuxk and was always 9n thenrogjt place anyt rhe right time.

I do understand what you mean by style though. Effortless and Unstopable workrate and looks like not a single fuck is available.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Not in the same league yet. Yaya was skilful as fuxk and was always 9n thenrogjt place anyt rhe right time.

I do understand what you mean by style though. Effortless and Unstopable workrate and looks like not a single fuck is available.
Yeah not yet but now definitely on the way......

Reactions: Yid
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Has there been anything official about the extent of his injury? He said on twitter that he'd be back soon, but that's it, and all the coverage has understandably been about Harry

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Has there been anything official about the extent of his injury? He said on twitter that he'd be back soon, but that's it, and all the coverage has understandably been about Harry

Not that I know of. I'm guessing at least a couple of weeks but I have seen (and had it happen to myself) people be unable to play on and be alright (able to jog/run at 50-80%) in a few days and be able to play in the the next week or so. Given how much he has played I would guess his recuperation powers are above average, even for a pro athlete.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
'Muscle strain' I don't know if that translates into 'pulled a hamstring' or not. He tried to run it off, but couldn't so maybe it's not too bad?

Clutching At Straws?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's not a tear. But it's the same thing, maybe a little less severe.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Evening standard saying a month out,nothing from THFC yet.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fucking whopper it appears!!

Poch said they will assess him, and that the Fulham game may come just a bit too soon. But he's expected to be involved thereafter.

too much??:D
Yes.....too much.

Can James Burford be trusted?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Is anybody not yet sold?

The guy is a beast of a footballer. he just needed the right manager to coax it out of him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is anybody not yet sold?

The guy is a beast of a footballer. he just needed the right manager to coax it out of him.
i am sure he will be in the nominations for player of the year along with Sonny and perhaps Vertonghen.Had a breakout season for us when really we all wanted him gone last summer if we are honest.The heart he has shown and rewarded Poch with is incredible under those circumstances.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
i am sure he will be in the nominations for player of the year along with Sonny and perhaps Vertonghen.Had a breakout season for us when really we all wanted him gone last summer if we are honest.The heart he has shown and rewarded Poch with is incredible under those circumstances.
It's just ridiculous..... I hadnt met a Yid who had a good word to say about him. Fraud, biggest 30 million quid joke in football, is he George Weahs cousin?

I wouldnt pick a team without him in it now.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
It's just ridiculous..... I hadnt met a Yid who had a good word to say about him. Fraud, biggest 30 million quid joke in football, is he George Weahs cousin?

I always said he lacks ability but thats not his fault.....His effort and work ethic alone made him have a place in the squad for me.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

When he gets all his legs going he's impossible to stop....

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
While his skills may be lacking his motor is non-stop. When he is determined he is a bit like Mousa-very hard to knock off the ball. If only he had a bit more ability. He could be world class. Then again he probably wouldn't be playing for us.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I agree with what you guys are saying.

And I keep harping on this. If he can score a goal, that confidence gained will take him up another gear or two.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I agree with what you guys are saying.

And I keep harping on this. If he can score a goal, that confidence gained will take him up another gear or two.
Shame he just lacks the confidence,he needs an "any given sunday...go to the buick" pep talk.
Shame because he has the lungs and limbs to break so quickly but strangely enough defenders will just show him the goal and stay with a runner such is his goal scoring prowess.The day he puts one away maybe a whole new world of possibilities will open up to him.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
While his skills may be lacking his motor is non-stop. When he is determined he is a bit like Mousa-very hard to knock off the ball. If only he had a bit more ability. He could be world class. Then again he probably wouldn't be playing for us.
Imagine a hybrid...... in fact give him 20% of The mooses ability and he would be 100 mill if any cunts money.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fair play he has worked hard for a few Bob in his pocket. Will probably get sold after next season due to age contract etc but we'll get a few quid instead of nothing. Is this the beginning of contract season then? Jan, Toby, and Eriksen please.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
😭 😭😭

EJq_hEVX0AA6oTp